what are you eating today?

soepom

kauflust that bacon wrapped jalapeno looks delicious. is it unbearably spicy though?

i was alarmed to find this thread was relegated 2nd page status a few days ago possibly for the very first time since its inception. BUMP BUMP BUMP!

special commendations to whizkit, plongin and felix for keepin the thread alive though. xxx the cuisine team lives.

been really really busy. but to catch up:

wayet0723tp9.jpg

roti john (bread fried with meat paste and egg, topped with ketchup and mayo or some mystery sauce)

wayet0724ajb5.jpg

old skool kiddy biscuit

wayet0724bjd9.jpg

beef noodles and cold seaweed salad (lots of sesame oil, vinegar, and a tinge of szechuan spice)

wayet0724cta0.jpg

cold noodles

wayet0724dvw9.jpg

xiao long bao (this seems to have become a staple on this thread)

wayet0724edz6.jpg

dong bei la pi - another cold dish, salad with a flat traslucent glutinous noodle-type thing. *shrugs* really smooth and chewy. great texture.

wayet0724fwx5.jpg

chicken porridge

wayet0726awt1.jpg

wayet0726byw8.jpg

another roti john

wayet0726cpv5.jpg

murtabak (it's like a prata/indian pastry, but with minced mutton folded into it) and teh halia (ginger tea)

Guest jmatsu

soepom,

you seem like a gourmet and sometimes like a liberated nympho, so i was wondering if you ever incorporatedfood and sex. if so, how and what kinds of food do you use? i'm sure you don't use some mass market chocolate syrup and shit. what do you do? melt fine belgian chocolates in a fondue pot or something? organic fruits and vegetables? have you ever been a human sushi/sashimi platter before? do you whip your own creme?

Guest jmatsu
^ I actually proposed to her but she never got back to me.

it's a ethinic thing. i guess we should lament the fact that we're not singaporeanese.

analog - i'm sorry i didn't get back to you earlier. but i'm still trying to consolidate the list of people who've proposed either via rep or pms, so that i can do the balloting. will keep you posted hun. ;)

soepom,

you seem like a gourmet and sometimes like a liberated nympho, so i was wondering if you ever incorporatedfood and sex. if so, how and what kinds of food do you use? i'm sure you don't use some mass market chocolate syrup and shit. what do you do? melt fine belgian chocolates in a fondue pot or something? organic fruits and vegetables? have you ever been a human sushi/sashimi platter before? do you whip your own creme?

well, the best food is fresh food.

i don't speak for all gourmets, but i'm of the opinion that adding anything to something as good as human flesh will only detract from the subtle nuances of its flavours.

rirawin - is there fake chocolate?

heh. i suppose stuff like milo or ovaltine could be considered "fake" chocolate... wait a minute... do you have milo over there? i always had a sense that it was an asian pretension. but then i used to think maggi mee and bata shoes were asian...

anyways, had a lovely tea meetup with whizkit and tweeds (and briefly saw defiance too!) yesterday:

wayet0727bwz9.jpg

wayet0727czs0.jpg

soepom - milo is from Australia (but swiss owned) and Ovaltine Switzerland (but british owned)

analog - You'll have to join the queue, but fortunately, the waiting list is slightly shorter than soepom's. The earlier you sign up, the better your chance.

some random eats today

927187817_e2c1c1c61c_o.jpg

pink guava and chocomallow icecream

928032778_b8dbd40502_o.jpg

kaya toast and milk tea

Some say you are what you wear, but here's a thread for those who believe you are what you eat!

My mum cooked up a feast 'cos it's her birthday. Spoilt rotten!

wayetyd7.jpg

abalone with giant asparagus

assorted vegetables in a yam basket

sharksfin soup

black pepper hugeass sri lankan crab

lobster and potato salad

PHENOMENAL!!!

"I want crabs too!"

-Plongiin

LMFAO