supertalk6
soepom

what are you eating today?

haha that's brilliant! thanks superbobo!

is that in Victoria Galleries?

Ummm Victoria Galleries as in Sydney? Nope.

I'm in Singapore atm. It was at Suntec City, one of the restaurants across from the Fountain of Wealth.

What I had...

jazzdogs081-1.jpg

Spaghetti Chicken Sambal (hot chilli sauce)

What Valhalla ate:

jazzdogs087.jpg

Potato patties with salad and Bolognaise sauce.

The boyfriend devoured the chicken sandwich below and then a platter of hot wings (pic not shown).

jazzdogs089.jpg

Chicken on toasted focaccia bread and a side of crisps.

What, noone around here eats anymore? Fine. Here's a shitload of stuff I devoured today...

Crappy breakfast of Go-go Taquito and a Nescafe latte.

breakfast.jpg

Mildly promising lunch of Egg Unagi (eel) Don and Veggie Kakiage (batter-fried) with Chawanmushi (custard egg).

P1020658.jpg

P1020661.jpg

Light dinner -- grilled chicken sandwich -- and dessert -- chocolate cupcake.

P1020684.jpg

P1020680.jpg

Finally, supper was Mee Goreng (Indian-style fried noodles) and grilled fish with corn.

P1020688.jpg

P1020690.jpg

And while we're on the subject of devouring, look what came in my L'oreal Fashion Fest goodie bag today...

P1020692.jpg

God, I love my job.

seriously. lunch is like 2 meals... a 'light' dinner... and then supper is like another 2 meals? damn.

I like to graze. And I don't finish what I eat so either the boyfriend or Valhalla will polish it off. :)

img11081wg2.jpg

One of my more balanced meals as of late.

Apple slices

Blue chips

Leftover bread

Insta-toast Taquito rolls

Eggroll weiner

edit:And Maggi chilli sauce.

+1 for micorwave taquitos. i need to hit up costco!

nice pics diamonds and mis! keep em coming please, they actually awaken my appetite. cos it's been dead the past two days, check out all i managed to stomach for lunch yesterday:

wayet0327in6.jpg

Breakfast: Skinny hazelnut latte and a blueberry bagel with extra butter (eh, it actually balances out...)

starbucksbrek.jpg

Lunch: Turkey and Brie on toasted Focaccia. With takeaway cappuccino. Coffee will kill me one day...

bread.jpg

wayet0327in6.jpg

cheddar on Hällakaka!

Breakfast: Skinny hazelnut latte and a blueberry bagel with extra butter (eh, it actually balances out...)

starbucksbrek.jpg

Lunch: Turkey and Brie on toasted Focaccia. With takeaway cappuccino. Coffee will kill me one day...

bread.jpg

how can you afford to eat like that everyday?!

i would take a picture of my lunch just now, fish and chips with baked beans, but cameras are strictly forbiddened in this shithole. dessert was chocolate ice cream.

cheddar on Hällakaka!

heh actually, it's not cheddar - it's some other cheese that's lighter on the palate, and it's not Hällakaka, i realised we've been calling it the wrong thing - that's actually the more breadlike one. This one is the swedish cracker that looks like cardboard but is actually very tasty. superBoBo - can you enlighten us on the name of this cracker?

Had some kaya toast, waffles and french toast for breakfast. Then some beef at some Korean place in SG CBD and tonite I have a hankering for some hotdogs :)

perogies for lunch

diamonds what are perogies? they look very much like pan friend chinese dumplings (guo tie/ gyoza)

Dinner at a Vietnamese/French cafe called VaVaVoom tonight with VaVaValhalla

wayet0328auz1.jpg

morning glory salad with stir-fried beef

lemon grass and honey drink

wayet0328bxt6.jpg

dry vermicelli with pan-fried fish fillet

dry vermicelli with lemon grass pork chop

Perogies are like a european dumpling. basically... dough filled with mashed potatoes.

Pierogi are of virtually untraceable Central or Eastern European origin; claims have been staked by the Polish, Romanians, Russians, Lithuanians, Ukrainians, Slovaks and Rusyns. Similarity to dumplings found in the Far East such as Chinese potstickers fuels speculation, well-founded or not, that the Mongols and Tatars brought the recipe to the West.
Packed frozen pierogi can be found everywhere Russian or Polish communities exist. Such pierogi are made by industrial machines, often built by Italian companies such as Arienti & Cattaneo, Ima, Ostoni, Zamboni, etc. These pierogi usually weigh around 20 grams each but resemble an oversize half-moon ravioli, since the aforementioned Italian pasta machines are commonly used for industrial production.

valhalla, soepom

what is it with you guys and swedish stuff, really? :)

knäckebröd translates to "bread that breaks/cracks" btw. I can recommend Wasa Delikatess btw, very thin and crisp, but made by whole grains.

I like rye Finncrisp. It's like all the flavour of rye bread, concentrated into a crunchy stale cracker. Tastes awesome with smoked salmon and dill cream cheese on top. I eat them with PB or Nutella when I'm looking for a sugar fix.

When I was young, I called Finncrisps/knäckebröd/Wasa/etc "heart attack" because it felt like you were having a heart attack when you swallow it.

heh actually, it's not cheddar - it's some other cheese that's lighter on the palate, and it's not Hällakaka, i realised we've been calling it the wrong thing - that's actually the more breadlike one. This one is the swedish cracker that looks like cardboard but is actually very tasty. superBoBo - can you enlighten us on the name of this cracker?

Looks like havarti to me.

This evening, wasn't really hungry for some reason, so I started snacking on fresh baguette with olive oil/balsamic with a bit of brie.

Ended up eating the entire baguette before I noticed anything.

I swear, fresh bread just kills me, I don't think I've EVER been full on bread or pasta, as long as its fresh.

LOOOOOVVVVEEEE pierogies! Especially Kasha pierogies, washed down with thick vanilla milkshake.

I miss the ones I used to gobble down from Veselka in NYC...

breakfast was muesli and espresso.

and breakfast dessert was..... CDC_Drinking_Chocolate.jpg...straight from the can.

i feel sick :D