what are you eating today?

soepom

Brunch at Green Goddess Cafe in Stowe

img6055p.jpg

Breakfast sandwich with local sausage, eggs, and cheddar. Mushroom bisque in the mug.

img6058w.jpg

BLT with avocado and spicy mayonnaise on local focaccia, mixed sweet and white potato home fries

Went to the Ben and Jerry's headquarters in Stowe

img6079r.jpg

Peach ice cream

img6085z.jpg

Seven layer coconut bar ice cream

The Alchemist Pub & Brewery in Waterbury

img6100pr.jpg

Local grown pickles to go with the awesome awesome beers.

Found some Salvadoran place in Schenectady on yelp when we were driving home..

img6162lo.jpg

Bean and cheese papusa

img6163n.jpg

Shrimp, rice, and veggies with fried plantains

some delicious looking eats on this page, Shufon.

Thanks, the food was great everywhere up there.. most of it was 100% local and super fresh. The beer was by far the best part of the trip though :rolleyes: Pics in the beer thread (and a few on my tumblr) if anybody is interested.

made some flammkuchen from scratch. dough is rolled out super thin, flour water some oil and salt. then for the toppings it's crême fraiche with some parsley, onions and smoked bacon

this times 4 is enough for 2 servings

5712058013_262ab84322_b.jpg

5712057815_73b31d542f_z.jpg

b9dfc80f.jpg

yesterday: katsu curry from pepper lunch, milpitas

I'm sad to see Pepper Lunch has had to extend all the way to katsu curry, it has nothing to do with their original menu.

Pepper Lunch itself is a laughable restaurant in Japan, but for some reason I really like it - it's cheesy as hell, it has the fake wagyu with the impregnated 'marbling', you get the side of green beans and a bunch of sprouts, it's like ten bucks, I dunno, it's really enjoyable for me for some reason. Guilty pleasure maybe. I'm gonna go to Pepper Lunch like tomorrow or the next day but I can't tell anyone, my girlfriend loves to rail on me about Pepper Lunch.

It looks like wagyu to the untrained eye, kind of, but it's like next-level pressed meat. Like $5 a steak, so that's the first sign it can't be wagyu.

Something like this:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/sumiyoshi/730711/

Ingredients: Australian beef tallow (beef fat), fat powder, syrup, vegetable protein, alcohol, beef broth, polyphosphate Na, thickening polysaccharides, carbonate Na, antioxidants (vitamin C) pH adjusting agent, seasoning (such as amino acids), perfume (including wheat, soy milk some of the raw eggs)

this is up there with fake eggs from china