what are you eating today?

soepom

IMG_01117.jpg

xpost from cellphone thread. Made some lasagna last night. I put some butternut squash in the veggie one for the first time along with zucchini, summer squash, japanese eggplant and peppers. Turned quite good. Leftovers tonight:)

Old school peking duck prep is the best. Last summer I went back and all these places did the duck all fucking fusion and shit with radish spears, sea salt, miso based dipping sauces and other nonsense. Fuck I miss beijing though.

yeah bejing has bomb peking duck. it honestly melted in my mouth. the restaurant had like 5 floors and the line up to get a table was over 100 ppl easy. i loved seeing my duck get diced in front of me haha, oh how i love duck.

my favorite is the fruity ones that isabella gift's placed out..they don't do it anymore it seems. but there was lychee, mango, blackberry and green apple flavor.................

i've never had that kind before ^^ :o will have to see if i can find in chinatown..

my favorite is the fruity ones that isabella gift's placed out..they don't do it anymore it seems. but there was lychee, mango, blackberry and green apple flavor.................

i've never had that kind before ^^ :o will have to see if i can find in chinatown..

Five kernel (五仁, wǔ rén): A filling consisting of 5 types of nuts and seeds, coarsely chopped and held together with maltose syrup. Commonly used nuts and seeds include: walnuts, pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds, peanuts, sesame, or almonds. In addition, the mixture will usually contain candied winter melon, jinhua ham, or pieces of rock sugar as additional flavouring.

According to Wikipedia. Hmm, yay I got some of the ingredients right.