what are you eating today?

soepom

I'm only seeing 2, 2.5 steps, and none look heavenly. More like the kind of thing I avoid when going to old white people potluck functions (0)

That is precisely what this is.

The bf picked up the recipe at his first job- The Holmstead, Assisted Living Retirement Community

And it's pistachio pudding, not avacado and it's great

recently took a trip to guadalajara, mexico. here's what i remembered to take pics of before going barbarian. enjoy.

camarones a la diabla

Picture008.jpg

tacos al pastor and a few tongue tacos

been going to this same place (lost altenos) since i can remember. best tacos al pastor in guadalajara imo.

Picture024-1.jpg

fish tacos

Picture109.jpg

torta ahogada (filled with pork)

"ahogada" means drowned. drowned in hot sauce. this is the official hangover breakfast in guadalajara.

Picture025.jpg

chilaquiles, chicharron, and frijoles

Picture076-1.jpg

bbq

Picture089.jpg

and the results...

Picture095.jpg

cooked this for my chinese grandparents. gettin down to da roots

S7301922.jpg

- chinese broccoli ( gylon)

-ginger,soy sauce, oyster sauce marinated flank steak

-steamed white rice

cooked this for my chinese grandparents. gettin down to da roots

S7301922.jpg

- chinese broccoli ( gylon)

-ginger,soy sauce, oyster sauce marinated flank steak

-steamed white rice

You plated that like it's a Mexican man's meal.

lol ABC hai ngo hai ngo

llUB2CcFrPw

recently took a trip to guadalajara, mexico. here's what i remembered to take pics of before going barbarian. enjoy.

camarones a la diabla

Picture008.jpg

tacos al pastor and a few tongue tacos

been going to this same place (lost altenos) since i can remember. best tacos al pastor in guadalajara imo.

Picture024-1.jpg

fish tacos

Picture109.jpg

torta ahogada (filled with pork)

"ahogada" means drowned. drowned in hot sauce. this is the official hangover breakfast in guadalajara.

Picture025.jpg

chilaquiles, chicharron, and frijoles

Picture076-1.jpg

bbq

Picture089.jpg

and the results...

Picture095.jpg

this is the best post i've ever seen on sufu.

Got some center cut, bone-in, pork chops from the farmer's market.

Seared with just some salt and chile powder.

2hn7vxf.jpg

Then sauted some onions in the rendered fat, and put the chops back in the pan and roasted them with some sweet potatoes and ping tung eggplant. Right before they were done, I glazed the top with some peach butter/jam type stuff and put them under the broiler to get a nice crust. Made a pan sauce to go over it all.

4rao1j.jpg

sorry for the...um..."rustic"...plating. I was hungry.

crosspost from Sufu Cooking Club

It is:

Paillard de Poulet en Croute Pommes de Terre sur (? something) Tabouleh au Genmai, Ume, Shiso, Kyuuri, Sauce ume (my French is nonexistent)

(Potato 'gill' encrusted chicken paillard, over a tabouleh of genmai rice, ume, shiso, and cucumber, with an ume sauce)

8327_771995672480_15904009_43803497_696767_n.jpg

closeup of potato gills

8731_771996276270_15904009_43803504_3379484_n.jpg

food and steez to the victims

looks very labor intensive... did you use fingerlings for the crust? how'd you get the potato to stay in place?

nah, nothing of the sort here. I turned standard white potatoes into batons, then turned them a bit more to smooth them, then sliced them paper thin. Always a basics of French cuisine concept. The starch of the potatoes sticks them together, you stick them to the roughed side of the breast and they just stay there. This is actually better for fish, as it plays on fish idea better.

Whole dish only took about an hour and it was mainly the brown rice cooking. It's a pretty peasant dish (everything but the ume and shiso you could buy at any supermarket) but I wanted a very simple chicken over cold grain salad type thing, tasted pretty damn good for plain chicken breast, potatoes, and some brown rice.

Taking a break from doing paperwork to utilize my magical "Concerta" induced focus on other things.

Probably the single break of sunlight, it was another incredibly overcast day in Manila.

3866248565_84750b1d94.jpg

Having the idea to eat in reverse order, first up was the Halo-halo. This was eaten with a prior order of Chili Fries that wasn't around long enough to be photographed.

3866240933_a8fca629de.jpg

An hour or two later, it was time for dinner. Over to this place.

3867026520_940a7d710e.jpg

Serving up their take on the usual diner fair, they didn't disappoint. Bratwurst.

3866246997_951ce53d4a.jpg

What the folks at the counter called nuclear Chicken Wings. Sauced up at hot as possible, boy, did I feel this the next day, so good.

3867028670_cd35034b32.jpg

Only thing left now is a two hour game of Feather Bowling. Good times.

nah, nothing of the sort here. I turned standard white potatoes into batons, then turned them a bit more to smooth them, then sliced them paper thin. Always a basics of French cuisine concept. The starch of the potatoes sticks them together, you stick them to the roughed side of the breast and they just stay there. This is actually better for fish, as it plays on fish idea better.

Whole dish only took about an hour and it was mainly the brown rice cooking. It's a pretty peasant dish (everything but the ume and shiso you could buy at any supermarket) but I wanted a very simple chicken over cold grain salad type thing, tasted pretty damn good for plain chicken breast, potatoes, and some brown rice.

i can def see this working a lot better with a decent piece of cheap fish like tilapia. do you have a tube shape tool to "tube" the potatoes with?