what are you eating today?

soepom

after being bored to tears from too many tacos, i went to a specialty store and got the makings for an awesome sammich. serrano ham, prosciutto, manchego cheese, and alfalfa sprouts.

dsc00280id1.jpg

spaghetti carbonara

dsc00294yj9.jpg

after, almost, pleading to my mom that i wanted to take her to a nice restaurant she agreed

we had some type cheese and olive appitizer, some bruschetta, i had some breaded pork loin with cheese sauce, and she had the fish, i dont really like seafood so i didnt really care to know what type.

dsc00299vo8.jpgdsc00300xf0.jpg

dsc00301se7.jpgdsc00302od7.jpg

my other aunt made beef lip tacos, really good, i wasnt even hungry and i had like 5 of them

dsc00309px3.jpg

the last day they barbecued, smokey goodness

dsc00313bp8.jpg

some days you really miss vegetables so a carrot

dsc00244hy3.jpg

frozen strawberries with sweet cream

dsc00210qt2.jpg

dont know what it is but coconut ice cream in mexico is crazy good

dsc00276vg3.jpg

peach juice... nuff said

dsc00242kb3.jpg

best churros ive ever had, hot and fresh

dsc00303ob3.jpgdsc00304ys9.jpg

i found some candy bar that has tequila in it, there was even a 'do not give to kids' warning on it that made me laugh.

dsc00316ty6.jpg

last but not least some nice aged tequila, so smooth

dsc00254he8.jpg

Tg always kills it in this thread. Everything else is looking mighty tasty too.

I have no pics unfortunately, but I had what was easily the best meal of my life yesterday at Chef Thomas Keller's (of The French Laundry) French bistro, Bouchon. Everything was the best of that food I'd had.

We started with a salmon tartare with chopped hard boiled egg, red onion, chives, and capers, very subtle, simple and elegant

Next I had a leg of duck confit on brussels sprouts with a cracked mustard seed sauce that was heavenly. Explosive flavor, rich texture, tender, and crispy delicious skin.

I had a croque madame sandwich, basically a grilled ham n cheese, but on brioche (best grilled cheese bread ever, as it turns out), topped with mornay sauce and a lightly fried egg. Served with it was a huge pile of bomby ass black winter truffle pomme frites.

My mom had a flat iron steak with caramelized shallots and a pat of herb butter. The steak was ridiculously good. It was super flavorful, and had the best texture of any steak I've ever had. Cooked to perfection.

The waiter was great, he was all about shooting the shit with me about food nerd stuff, describing the painstaking processes undertaken to prepare our meal. I'm going to send a letter to their head chef. Every dish was a masterpiece.

lunch with soepom and tweeds

3150776853_d23d098883_o.jpg

bread

3150776643_a18505e251_o.jpg

crab cake

3150776491_ab6b7cbc3d_o.jpg

freid tofu with mirin bonito, mushrooms, truffle oil etc

3150776365_6d1be68ed0_o.jpg

spinach salad with gorganzola cheese

3151609050_9fc3b0fbea_o.jpg

soepom and me had lambloin

3150775977_a14716652a_o.jpg

tweeds had chilean seabass with mushroom and yuzu butter sauce

3150775745_7b9a0e6938_o.jpg

i had macarons with strawberry sorbet on almond foam

3150775507_85b579f8b1_o.jpg

tweeds and soepom had a chocolate cake each

wow iphones camera fucking blows compared to my old phone..

continuing my quest for southern deliciousness on my stint back home- pulled pork on garlic bread with sweet and hot bbq sauces, fries, baked beans

3167797487_f5519a93b6_o.jpg

too. good.