what are you eating today?

soepom

mis - i've been eating so much better because i've been eating home more.

my mum's been on a roll. she's thrilled that i'm photographing her food 'cos she gets to document her masterpieces. it's ostensibly a win-win situation... but don't we know it's easier to take a photo than cook up a storm. *diabolical laughter*

seriously though, i've been brought up to appreciate whatever food that's been put before me. i try not to leave any leftovers whatever it is i'm eating. it's just out of respect for the work that's gone in to preparing the food.

anyways lunch today:

wayet0620nu9.jpg

steamed crab (man it was big) on glutinous rice, and salmon sashimi roll with mayo and tobiko, red dates tea

Man, you have some ridiculous spreads at home. Steamed crab for lunch?! Sorry but for this I need to break out the :eek::eek::eek::eek: emoticons. Does your mum wanna take in a god-son?

yes they do! they're just like regular animal crackers, but better~

though i would trade them any day for the amazing stuff you post. :D

beef noodle, noodle beef... (more broth added later)

0022.jpg

I'm looking at that and deciding on my lunch right now.

4lilez8.jpg

rice cake balls with red bean filling. i could eat them all day.

damn i wish my mother had taught me korean so i knew what to call these.

they just happen to be stuck together cause i reheated them... and alas, they look like balls. :|

You're right. That looks like an operating dish after a castration. Make that two castration.

Do you call them dumplings? Technically they're dumplings (?). We have them as well, and it's quite common during some Chinese festivities.

WAYET070621.jpg

That's lunch. It's roast duck on rice with a stewed egg. And gravy that looks like poo. It tastes better than it's looking in the picture but I probably should've gone with the beef and rice noodles.

do you still live at home? when you decide to leave the nest, instead of putting your mother into a nursing/retirement home, would it be possible to hire her as my live-in cook?

well, if my mum's lucky, someone will marry me and relieve her of her burden. otherwise, she'd be wanting to put me into some kind of nursing home when i'm old.

that said, my mum told me to tell you that we are short of a watchdog at home - and if you like, you're welcome to fill that position. she says you bark loud so that's great for the job. she's offered payment in leftovers from our table.

anyways, light lunch:

wayet0621xs6.jpg

prawns with garlic shoots, fried rice with crabmeat, steamed fish, mushroom tofu and kelp soup.

freshhhhh.

feather, i love roast duck. doesn't matter how blurry the photo is.

soepom, i would hate to see a rice dumpling after being shipped across the world. x_x

by the way, that crab bowl is awesome. you must have a big kitchen, because my mom has enough trouble finding places to store dinnerware without having novelty pieces like that.

Portugal Trip:::

prato do dia (Beef Carne)

54785332_o.jpg

Prato do dia (Peixe Fritas)

Super Bock Cervejas

54785268_o.jpg

Red and White Porto Vinho (red port and white port)

54785230_o.jpg

Dirt Cheap Vinhos

54785422_o.jpg

54785486_o.jpg

Relaxing by the seaside having Good O' Heineken

54785566_o.jpg

Franscinha (something like that, i forgot the name but its damn good!)

54785648_o.jpg

Prato do dia (Calamares)

In Lisboa:::

Pastéis de nata (Who can pass thru Lisboa without having the lengendary 'Antiga Confeitaria de Belém' famous tart

54785776_o.jpg

Some milk based thing to spread on bread

54846290_o.jpg

Seabass

54846375_o.jpg

Think it was seabream or something, cant recall

54846474_o.jpg

Breakfast one morning

54846604_o.jpg

Why it 'no smoking' becoming 'no smokers'???

54846727_o.jpg

Spinach sopa

54846774_o.jpg

Sagres Cervejas, a portuguese pastry and a vege croissant

54846831_o.jpg

soepom: beautiful food, I tried to rep but I couldn't :(...the goji berries were my mum's idea btw :D

edmond: I'd like to think I don't need extra 'vigour' ;)

baladoongdoong: a long set, but all beautiful. Repped.

Anyway, here's my lunch:

CIMG2987.jpg

Udon noodles with wontons, bai chai and a fried egg & frankfurter on top

CIMG2988.jpg

I love big juicy frankfurters (no homo)

CIMG2990.jpg

Delicious mango once again

Thanks eleven, long sets are the way to go now for me since im still in the midst of my travelling spree..heh

the food i had there was almighty delicious but could have been fantastic if the damned portuguese werent a fan of salt!!! everything had salt n was too much for me! haha...

I wanted to show the local set of 'nandos' style portuguese roast chix with their spicy sauce but was always too hungry whenever i ordered one from the supermarket.

dirt cheap, only 2.99 Euros for the entire chix!

baladoongdoong that food is simply fuckin mindblowin.

plongin man you and whizkit both been having that katsu sandwich. i oso wan.

dizzle your food looks okay really. maybe just needs some simple garnish like some parsley or random sexy lookin fresh herb. and plain elegant white crockery which you can get for cheap at ikea (i know i know...my mum doesn't use plain crockery...but that's cos she's got something for every style of cooking)

which leads me to passant's question, yes the kitchen is quite roomy by local standards i guess, but the crockery storage extends beyond the kitchen. they've become part of the home decor...

anyways, this is what happens when i'm NOT eating at home (albeit still an enjoyable post-work meal):

wayet0622gb8.jpg

fried noodles with otah (spicy creamy fish paste baked in banana leaf)

fish fillet/ finger/ whadayacallit??

spicy brinjals/ eggplant/ aubergine/ whatchamightcallit

teh-O-bing siew dai (iced tea with less sugar)

This is what bachelors eat for dinner

Like i lost interest in food and it just keeps me alive

IMG_2367.jpg

REP REP REP REP REP REP RAPE REP

5xexj7o.jpg

falafel! went to amsterdam falafel shop in adams morgan today... so good. at first i was thinking, "what am i doing... this looks horrible" but i sat down, added some vinegar and hot sauce, some fries, and it was delicious. i can't wait to get more. so filling too.

Guest jmatsu

that said, my mum told me to tell you that we are short of a watchdog at home - and if you like, you're welcome to fill that position. she says you bark loud so that's great for the job. she's offered payment in leftovers from our table.

i think the fact that your mother can read english (my comments or "bark") is just super!

i'd consider the position, but only if beastiality is legal in singapore...could i get a pic of your mom? give my regards to mrs. dong.