what are you eating today?

soepom

oie plongin, speaking of buffets...

i discovered a buffet place - quality food for SGD29+++, nice selection. and did i mention quality? we should do a meet up there man. but weekends will surely be insanely crowded.

weekday lunch buffet anyone?

soepom - excuse me miss, that ain't considered light. especially considering your size.; where's this buffet place? i need to test for quality control before you promote it to felix (august baybeee august)

felix - im still waiting for a slice of mom's home made to appear in my mailbox. heh.

heh plongin that was light considering my USUAL appetite. come lah, we go buffet...i'll show you. ;) besides, i meant 'light' on the palate and not so much light voluminously.... hee.

anyways... teatime:

wayet0615avo3.jpg

home-baked apple cinnamon muffins with vanilla tea

old skool potong ice-cream (jagong / sweet corn flavour):

wayet0615bsu3.jpg

wayet0615cbx9.jpg

ate at a chinese place next to my house, all of this for 23 bucks. you could see my reflection from the glass in the fourth pic lol.

this chinese chick was with this old man, as in pushing 60 old, who was in the bathroom. it was surreal when she said "hello" to the rest of the table.

gfdg002.jpg

gfdg003.jpg

gfdg001.jpg

gfdg004.jpg

gfdg005.jpg

I came across Goji as a chinese medicinal practitioner. They're supposed to enhance immune system function, help eyesight, protect the liver, boost sperm production, and improve circulation, amongst other things. They're nutritionally rich as well, containing beta-carotene, and a bunch of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids and trace elements.

All of which would be great, apart from they taste like shit.

passant the chocolate kitty cracker is so cute! do they come in other animal shapes too?

rirawin so what was the outcome of that first 'experiment'? i think a handful is insufficient to produce much effects. goji berries are an acquired taste - i didnt use to dig em either, but i've really grown to enjoy the herbal taste. i like the flavour in soups and with herbal chicken...but i still don't eat the actual berries if i can help it.

anyways. as always, mum pulls off a literally beautiful meal:

wayet0617ahq2.jpg

wayet0617bbr6.jpg

wayet0617cse9.jpg

dragonfly motif sushi roll, and shrimp wanton in clear broth. (bamboo leaves from the garden, also lovingly cultivated by mum)

delicate tastes, crisp clean colours and refined presentational aesthetics.

i know you've been secretly reading this thread mummy - happy father's day, to the woman who played the roles of both mother and father to me. i could never thank you enough.