what are you eating today?

soepom

soepom - when are you going to bring everybody for a meal at your "restaurant"?

sshhhh.... it's gonna happen for certain...but it'll be a hush hush affair. don't want a sudden mad rush of international superfuturians flying in for dinner at my place...

你的妈妈是一个厨房女神。

but of course she is. ;)

feeding the a cappella group on short notice:

wayet0609bzv8.jpg

six portions of multigrain rice, miso soup, grilled mushroom, baked scallop, curry mutton slices, cold tofu, honey glazed pork slices with red wine jelly noodles.

fuck there's some great looking food here.

today i had porridge with banana and honey, and a double espresso for breakfast.

yesterday...breakfast was some muesli and a double espresso.

for lunch i had some arancini (risotto balls) with mushroom and goats cheese.

dinner was thai...with a tofu salad, a duck curry with beans, coconut milk and chilli, a mild green chicken curry, and a lamb dish with shitloads of garlic and a really thick almost caramel-like sauce...and steamed rice of course, all washed down with pepsi max.

baladoongdoong - that dude in your photo. has a killer mullet. i don't know whether it's the most beautiful or most repulsive thing i've ever seen. i'm kinda scared to be honest.

diamonds - is that red bull different to the canadian domestic one? if so, how so?

over here, you can only get the import (kratingdaeng or some shit like that) at asian supermarkets, and it's basically concentrated, and non-carbonated....and the sweetest shit you've ever tasted. like sickly sweet, even more so than the domestic product. i don't think it has more caffeine though, although i could be wrong.

soepom - i must befriend your mother. amazing every time!

correct on the fucking up part mis, although i would say the ingredients are pretty clearly defined....at least here in australia where our regulations as to labelling of food are pretty stringent (a very good thing).

a night of solid drinking on the old red bull/vodka or jagerbomb nasty combo leads to a very awful comedown.....heart beating fast, awful sweats, paranoia, headache. worse than other comedowns.

diamonds - is that red bull different to the canadian domestic one? if so, how so?

over here, you can only get the import (kratingdaeng or some shit like that) at asian supermarkets, and it's basically concentrated, and non-carbonated....and the sweetest shit you've ever tasted. like sickly sweet, even more so than the domestic product. i don't think it has more caffeine though, although i could be wrong.!

this is the stuff you just described. i like it a lot more than the 'regular' carbonated version. this kind is harder to find where i live.

Extra tzatziki?

nah... but it definitely could have used more. maybe next time.

I have quite a few friends addicted to redbull, apparently noone really knows for sure what goes into it, and it fucks your body up alot

i'm not addicted but i love this shit... i used to drink it a lot more, but never more than twice a day

dinner

seafoodplatter.jpg

grilled seafood platter

dory fillet

prawns

mussels

squid rings

paella

french fries

poor light

supper

xinwangcafe.jpg

traditional butter sugar toast

soft-boiled eggs

teh-si

lunch

paneer.jpg

naan.jpg

instant indian grub

palak paneer

achari mushroom

plain naan

and what's indian food without the ol' biru

biru.jpg

Hurricanes at bondi.. rack of ribs and 400g steak!

shiiiiiet

Good shiet fellow Sydneysider! :) I occasionally venture to Hurricanes as well. :P

in addition to my porridge, today looked like this:

lunch - pepsi max as per usual.....crusty bread roll with roasted chicken, tomato, jalapenos, tomato, brie and jarlsberg.

dinner - fettucini with mushrooms, garlic, bay leaves, onion, cheese and a tiny splash of cream.....pepsi max....lemon impossible pudding with creamy vanilla ice cream.

and a V energy drink.

finally:

IMG_7584.jpg

which i turned into:

IMG_7588.jpg

schweinshaxe with sauerkraut and gherkins

IMG_7591.jpg

tater salad garnished with a sprig of dill

IMG_7592.jpg

spinach and arugula dressed with balsamic vinegar

IMG_7595.jpg

fucking good.

IMG_7597.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg

reduced to bone within minutes

IMG_7603.jpg

for dessert: berry sorbet with raspberries

baladoongdoong - that dude in your photo. has a killer mullet. i don't know whether it's the most beautiful or most repulsive thing i've ever seen. i'm kinda scared to be honest.

the food is absolutely great man!!! i love it!!!

go try it! it doesnt BITE since its dead! :cool:

the food is absolutely great man!!! i love it!!!

go try it! it doesnt BITE since its dead! :cool:

err... i think he was asking about your friend, not the food :D anyway, i think the food looks spectacular. i'll love to gorge myself on that.

after that schweinshaxe, the thread has now officially become a contest between my mother and valhalla.

i wouldn't ever dream of competing with your mum in cooking. she's the virtuoso, i'm only a tyro.