what are you eating today?

soepom

Oh god I want a high quality burger... Vienna has some great food, but the only burgers we have are fast food shit :( I want a real 10 Euro cheeseburger... I had some amazing burgers 2 or 3 blocks down from Columbia last summer and that Elvis burger is making me lust after them...

I don't know about the Columbia area, but I've had the best burgers in NYC. diners are awesome spots for finding good burgers, and if those fail, there's always johnny rockets and white castle. :D

Best burger Ive ever had was on angel island(I think), gotta take a ferry from San fran. Well worth it though

the best burger i've ever had was @ this quaint little joint in manhattan called Nick's. (If im right its located near the pier). They had a crazy menu of burgers..something like 56 different burgers, with that whole burger menu selection written on the wall.

plongin-is the burger from seah street deli?

spot on whiz...

is the title of this thread supposed to be pronounced like an australian?

like "g'day mate! so, what arr yew eitin' todai?"

if you sift through the pages of this thread - you'll find a post where i enter a near-cardiac arrest because i thought i missed the obvious typo in the title and noticed it only weeks later - but apparently it's a system fuck up (notice canice's bicycle thread title is also weird), which never got rectified.

plongin-is the burger from seah street deli?

soepom- sun dining?

ahh...whizkit, you're on to the whole guess-where game now huh! nope. it's not sun dining. it's the new supersecret jap food place.

70 sgd?

shit... that's < $50USD.

wow. ;)

yes, it's really good value for money - that's why it's a supersecret.

woke up early enough to have breakfast for a change at the famous jalan kayu stall:

wayet0512awx9.jpg

chicken curry, paper prata, and some regular egg and kosong (plain) ones.

old skool lunch: fried rice special + hainanese porkchop

wayet0512byz4.jpg

also check out the graff we found nearby colbar:

joisanhobe6.jpg

indeed.

Did you go to thohira or thasevi???

I stay sooo near there hence go there quite often to thohira. the one at the end, nearest to seletar camp.

else, il rather head to the one at the end of yck road or prata place near katib camp.

woke up early enough to have breakfast for a change at the famous jalan kayu stall:

wayet0512awx9.jpg

indeed.

soepom,

Jalan Kayu sucks man

they have like the worst pratas in singapore

Causarina or Athar's prata would beat those anytime

I live like next to Jalan Kayu

and I've refused to head the prata there for like 6 yrs already

seems like everyone in the area i know feels the same way

Did you go to thohira or thasevi???

I stay sooo near there hence go there quite often to thohira. the one at the end, nearest to seletar camp.

else, il rather head to the one at the end of yck road or prata place near katib camp.

i went to thasevi. it looks like both you and simcoo live not too far from me then.

soepom,

Jalan Kayu sucks man

they have like the worst pratas in singapore

Causarina or Athar's prata would beat those anytime

I live like next to Jalan Kayu

and I've refused to head the prata there for like 6 yrs already

seems like everyone in the area i know feels the same way

okay you see - i live like right next to Athar's. and it's otherwise my favourite prata joint. which is why jalan kayu is a novelty for me. i've not eaten there in like five years. :)

feeling a lil hungry and so..

before turning in.

instant prawn noodles

4 packets of oldskool tidbits

7up softdrink in starbucks coffee mug

ok, i know this is fuckin cheesy..

now I know why you are so thin!;)

love mamee, you just gave me a craving.

soepom: yeah, the seletar gang rulez! woot woot! haha...

anyway, hows that choc buffet thing? its been gg on for years now but iv yet to have a go...hmmm...

fullerton chocolate buffet (there was more, but i'm not even a desserts person to begin with...):

and, dinner last night was just........

noodles with stir fried pork + shrooms + beansprouts etc, a plate of salad leftoér by the missus from lunch n a can of grolsch!

48440963_o.jpg

@plong: burger next time?....hell yeah!

you know it son. we'll do a full day of eating and no shopping. and no 40 dollar hotel breakfasts, we'll go prata hunting. ahem ahem.

[/url]

also check out the graff we found nearby colbar:

indeed.

firstly, i dont believe you woke up for breakfast.

secondly, the colbar rocks. I used to go to ayer rajah camp, and the col bar is right next door so i'd have dinner and drinks there. the area and all the houses surrounding it is beautiful.

i envy you guys... coming back home after being in singapore for national service totally blows without the good singapore food.

if/when i ever go back to singapore, im going to go on a sambal stingray + chao kwei teoh + sugarcane + chicken wings + fried rice binge for a week.

and chilli crabs!

i dont know why anyone would pay more than 5bucks for a meal in singapore when the hawker food is SOOOO much tastier, not to mention cheaper.