what are you eating today?

soepom

Hot damn. Hot. Damn. First priority when getting back to San Francisco--get me some of that xiao long bao action. With some of that vinegar lovin' also I might add.

Aren't there quite a few places that do this dish well in NYC though? Is the SF version much better?

Aren't there quite a few places that do this dish well in NYC though? Is the SF version much better?

Mmm yeah I suppose, but I'm not too familiar with the top local places yet. I feel like my parents got down the whole system of the Bay Area specialties so when I come home it's always a treat to drive out to other areas and grub down...

Any suggestions (other than Joe's Shanghai) in NYC?

don't you people in singapore ever eat rice?

dude, did you see my last post? i had porridge. and there've been many posts of meals with rice here.

Damn val I noticed you like eating a shitload of bread with your meals

yeah cos the bread is cheap, so i buy shitloads of it. but i usually only have bread for breakfast or supper. bread is too insubstantial for lunch and dinner.

Last night's bedtime beverage...

sufu073.jpg

Miniature Kirin Draft. So cute, I could have eaten the can as well.

Today's lunch...

sufu074.jpg

sufu075.jpg

Medium-done roast beef and succulent turkey sarnies with ploughman's pickle, fresh tomatoes and loads of plain and horse mustard.

My favourite secret pasta place has been closed for the past three days and they're moving soon. WTF!?!

Had to settle for an alright Jap takeaway for dinner.

P1030843.jpg

P1030844.jpg

P1030846.jpg

P1030847.jpg

Teriyaki chicken don

Gyoza

Modanyaki "noodle pizza"

Chicken karaage

With a miniature can of Kirin, naturally.

rummaging through the fridge at two in the morning brought about a bottle of pesto and some buah keluak.

hence experimentation.

buahkeluak_pesto.jpg

spinach fettucine with buah keluak pesto sauce, topped with italian herbs, roasted garlic and some sliced fishcake.

1/2 lb. of deep fried morels, breaded with panko & parmigiano reggiano. Prior to this, always had the dried morels...doesn't even compare.

Tonight, what to do with the other 1/2 lb of fresh morels.

duo, where do you live? wisconsin is like crazy for morels. this weekend would be ideal for picking them but i'll be in champaign-urbana for my sister's graduation. :(

kauflust...here in the twin cities, formerly of wi, formerly of il.

I'm impressed that you pick morels. I've got no experience picking mushrooms - since there are highly poisonous lookalikes, I'm afraid I'd die in the pursuit of gourmet.

Are they plentiful, so that you'd have a nice bounty after picking?

have fun in c-u...and congratulations to your sister.

plongin - for a self-styled fusion dish, looks damn good.

Mmm yeah I suppose, but I'm not too familiar with the top local places yet. I feel like my parents got down the whole system of the Bay Area specialties so when I come home it's always a treat to drive out to other areas and grub down...

Any suggestions (other than Joe's Shanghai) in NYC?

I like Shanghai Cafe or Yeah Shanghai Deluxe for xlb

It was hot today, so I made myself a cold lunch. Hiyakko tofu (featuring natto, mustard, soy sauce, green onions, fried red onions), salted edamame, cold soba (with a ponzu-based sauce), and cucumber salad dressed with rice vinegar and sesame seeds.

489524781_67ff0aa8f7_o.jpg

kauflust...here in the twin cities, formerly of wi, formerly of il.

I'm impressed that you pick morels. I've got no experience picking mushrooms - since there are highly poisonous lookalikes, I'm afraid I'd die in the pursuit of gourmet.

Are they plentiful, so that you'd have a nice bounty after picking?

have fun in c-u...and congratulations to your sister.

plongin - for a self-styled fusion dish, looks damn good.

I went a few weeks ago but it wasn't damp enough. Staked out a few points though. All the rains in the past week, plus the warm weather should result in a lucrative and delicious harvest. DAMMIT. U of I, why you gotta graduate this weekend?

nakedsushi that looks like a neat little bento there. i love ice cold soba!

munch crunch... don't know why...they're just strawberries, but they look so...desirable....

plongin, fettucine pesto buah keluak. that's a winner man.

had kway chup for lunch (at 5pm...)

wayet0508xv5.jpg

later at work...

wayet0508aod2.jpg

ebi tempura

shisamo

whisky dry (my new favourite poison of choice)

I would sooo trade Pop-Tarts for Tim Tams anyday. It's all about the Tim Tam Slam!!!

You bite a little corner off each end of the rectagular chocolate-covered cookie, submerge one end in coffee, suck the coffee up like a straw so the Tim Tam's saturated with it, then.... Mmmm welcome to the world of Diabetes.

I'm so green with envy. We no longer have pop tarts here in Australia. :(

singapore still has pop tarts...but they're fucking expensive!

currently drinking a chocolate protein powder + banana + soymilk smoothie.

this sounds like something that I would love to have for a nice relaxing breakfast. but it'll never happen cause I don't wake up before 11am.

It was hot today, so I made myself a cold lunch. Hiyakko tofu (featuring natto, mustard, soy sauce, green onions, fried red onions), salted edamame, cold soba (with a ponzu-based sauce), and cucumber salad dressed with rice vinegar and sesame seeds.

489524781_67ff0aa8f7_o.jpg

man this looks sooo good. i love ponzu sauce. reminds me...i bought four bottles and they're still sitting in my cupboard....

munch crunch - man, i know u do alot more than strawberries. fess up yo.

soepom - is the kway chap home cooked too?cause if it isn't, I love how you/your mom separates all the different ingredients into different bowls before eating.

duofold - thanks! experimentation in the kitchen is one of my favorite things to do. everything ends up tasting good but looking gross, and no one else wants to eat.