what are you eating today?

soepom

one of my favorite dishes ever, good ol Beef Noodle stew, Nyo Ro Mian!

nooodleshz3.jpg

this looks so fucking good. today is friday so during lent i cant eat meat so of course i am craving it like a true fiend. lunch today was a veggie delight at subways.

this looks so fucking good. today is friday so during lent i cant eat meat so of course i am craving it like a true fiend. lunch today was a veggie delight at subways.

Ouch, no meat? I could never pull that off.

=(

one of my favorite dishes ever, good ol Beef Noodle stew, Nyo Ro Mian!

nooodleshz3.jpg

it originally came from viet nam which is called bun bo hue, your version looks delicious, but try the vietnamese version

Ouch, no meat? I could never pull that off.

=(

pussies.

everyone knows true men are vegetarians

step into the light with the highstreet might.. right.

pussies.

everyone knows true men are vegetarians

step into the light with the highstreet might.. right.

ive never been called a pussy for eating meat, this deserves some rep. i will do that and have some vegetarian pasta and a small salad for dinner. this ends tomorrow, gonna tear up some deseased animal at sometime

so to repeat, i'll continue to eat meat, wont admit defeat to mr. highstreet.

pussies.

this man speaks the truth. moaning about not eating meat five-six days a year?

people around me seem to think being veg is a bitch move. I'd like to see how many years they could last. and that means fishes are off the menu too.

Croque-madame action. Never made french toast before... should have used another egg for the batter. Threw some cinnamon and sugar in it as well. I think it turned out alright for the first attempt.

cm_03.jpg

Saving that yolk for last...

croque%20madame%20aux%20oeufs%20de%20caille_t.jpg

those mini eggs give you yolk in every bite

it was my birthday today, so I went out to this nice pizza place in santana row.

There were two pizzas, one with marinated chicken and slivers of garlic and one with sausage, slivers of portabello mushrooms, carmelized onions, a little parsley. I have really shitty cameraphone pics, but you can barely see them, they were so dark.

and for my birthday cake, i had a chocolate hazelnut cake! yum

IMG_0688.jpg

yes i am 17, i'm a kid.

Damn son. Happy birthday. This thread is a heart attack... hope you had a good one. I'm running out of shit to cook (within my abilities.) Hahahah time to figure something out...

Sufu meet up tomorrow with dryice... we'll see what happens for the food action.

on the whole vegetarian thing;

if people actually thought about what they are putting in their mouths, the quality and health of the animal even before its slaughtered and shrink wrapped, you would be foolish not to think twice why your eating it...

im suprised how little of my friends are vegetarian actually, im like a lone soldier, fighting the guerilla war against the porky barons o death.

it is pretty hard though, your choices in restaurants is literally 4 dishes out of 50 or something, prettty lame. and you really have to start learning about different foods and whats got what nutrients inside etc... but thats hardly a bad thing, alot of people could benefit from that anyway, with or without meat.

i actually went to a japanese restaurant in soho the other day, ordered a vegetarian dish and came home with a bleeding ass. from the food, not soho.. pretty skeptical on how a tofu steak, vege and rice gave me the poisoning... pretty harsh that they cross contaminate there vegetarian food with meat juices and stuff. wont be going back there

thats TARO in soho/brewer street picadilly. dont go there. shit hole.

t xx

i feel you on the bad choices in most restaurants!

been vegetarian for around 4 yeats, and don´t think its "hard" at all not to eat meat. A bit unpractical in certaion situations (out eating with friends that isn´t vegetarian..), but I don´t miss meat at all. I don´t eat fish either, but considered doing it for the good proteins, but I doubt I could stomach it.

man i don't know where this whole vegan vs carnivorous debate is going...but here's what my mum stormed up for lunch today.

me: wah how come today so fancy ah the dishes!

mum: 'cos you want to take photos right?

me: for the website?

mum: yah lah!

me: wah abit difficult to eat from these fancy plates...

mum: nevermind, look nice in pictures wat....

me: haha crazy!

wayet0324avj7.jpg

baked slipper lobster

steamed egg with clams

braised beef in tomato, basil and garlic sauce

black pepper fishcake with rocket salad

pan-fried cod with sauteed bean crisps

miso soup and rice

wayet0324bni6.jpg

walls chocolate heaven ice-cream topped with royce champagne chocolates

wayet0324clx4.jpg

washed down with delicious swedish tea!

holy shit. your mom cooks that for LUNCH!? i hate to imagine what kinda storm she'd whip up for dinner. looks pretty good too!

apart from the fact that i now live alone and my lunch is usually a few sushi rolls from uni, when i was living at home, my lunch was never anywhere near as nice. in fact. i cant think of the last time i had lunch at home. and dinners almost always takeout nowadays too. cant remember the last time i had a homecooked meal.

and btw, is it just me, or are you the only one who eats that well?

^ haha seriously my mum is abit of a fanatic when it comes to cooking. she's quite an afficionado, and because we are hardly ever home for meals, when we are, she makes it a real event. it's almost embarassing how good the food is.

but i'm so proud of her. she takes real pride in coming up with original recipes of her own. i am nowhere near her standard in cooking, and i can only hope someday i'll manage something half as good as what she's done.