what are you eating today?

soepom

England's got like FUCK ALL for food man....food culture's really baaaaaad! only place around which can match would be london... else, all pretty much sucks

mmmm, I think thats only partly true, there are great places where you can buy exotic and rich meats, and alot of bastardised meals have came out of birtain - birtish curry, balti etc..... speaking of exotic meats I hear you can cop some tasty gorrilla meat on brick lane! But seriously outside of london in the country there is a lot of good food to be had, I do think britain is seriously lacking in anysort of food culture. I huge amount of lower to middle class houses do not contain a table big enough for the whole family to sit around, like over 50% or something. This probably has something to do with it. Another thing that really bugs me is that for an island there certainly isnt much quality seafood, whereas when I go to quiberon or south spain there is amazing seafood everywhere, hmph! Although scotland is even worse in places...however the coast up way north has some great restraunts and lots of good seafood.

I went for a terribly muddy bike ride today so I have a terribly british and slobby meal when I got back in,... a good ol fry up! Venison sausages and eggs, yum!

Oh man! I sooooooooo miss homeland Singapore man! dammit!

SABA fish! thats friggin good shit man!

and yeah, thats why i cook most of the time as well!

But anyway, im heading to amsterdam tomorrow which is gonna be one jolly good trip!

Something different!

ok no cooking today

wayet223qp2.jpg

some korean grilled saba with rice and kimchi

very worth it for $5.50 at marina square foodcourt

No marinade really. Lots of pepper and some sea salt, blasted on high each side for 3-5 minutes... medium rare.

I'm going to try and make a croque-monsieur now... ham/cheese sandiwch with french toast and a fried egg sunnyside up on top...

Salmon tonight!

I gotta prep for the sufu kiddies visiting! :D

oh boy, medium rare, the way a steak should be cooked.

going to J&J's hawaiian bbq at lunch. they're hawaiian bbq chicken is right on.

Yeah... if someone's going to have steak well-done... they might as well have chicken.

Crap... I miss Hawaiian Drive-inn.... :(

Croque-madame action. Never made french toast before... should have used another egg for the batter. Threw some cinnamon and sugar in it as well. I think it turned out alright for the first attempt.

cm_01.jpg

cm_02.jpg

cm_03.jpg

Saving that yolk for last...

are you cooking for all of us come June or whenever?

Hmmmm at least for the guests who are staying at my place. I would like to be able to feed them and not seem like a totally waste of life who just sits on his ass and lurks forums all day... :o

Hmmmm at least for the guests who are staying at my place. I would like to be able to feed them and not seem like a totally waste of life who just sits on his ass and lurks forums all day... :o

that would be really cool---you could open a superfuture version of the YMCA--bed, internet access and homecooked meals on the second floor with a japanese denim store downstairs! ;)

no man, if it looks this sexy it's good enough. it's the same for me.

yeah it sucks to be eating alone. where're your room mates?

anyway is that rosemary on the salmon? you're quite generous with the herbs. might overpower the natural flavour of the salmon.

no man, if it looks this sexy it's good enough. it's the same for me.

yeah it sucks to be eating alone. where're your room mates?

anyway is that rosemary on the salmon? you're quite generous with the herbs. might overpower the natural flavour of the salmon.

i'm sure he cooks for himself quite often so he should know what he likes.

I went a bit schitzo on the spices to see what too far is... I was getting there. I hate doing things in little increments with cooking because it takes forever and you never get to the point where you know you've done too much--so I said fuck it. If we're going to do rosemary, let's do rosemary. Interestingly enough, rosemary is really strong but once it's been in the oven for 20 minutes, it mellows out a lot (at least the smell does.)

And yes, if y'all decide to come over and help me cook a dish or buy some ingredients... I'll (try) to cook. :)

^ damn i didn't know that, i'll try using more rosemary on my steak the next time :)

dinner tonight (with soepom, at her recommendation)

wayet233am7.jpg

avocado salmon

kaki bacon yaki (baked oysters with bacon and spinach)

waywt233bta5.jpg

gindara teriyaki (grilled cod)

ton toro yaki (grilled cheek of pork)

waywt233cpc0.jpg

kushi mori (assorted yakitori skewers)

miso soup and rice

waywt233dev0.jpg

fujiyama dessert (actually a japanese version of local ice kacang)

tasty shit!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jeebs. Deep fried... oysters? I'm drooling.

it wasn't deep fried, but baked. kinda like rockefella oysters. that dish was the single reason i wanted to have dinner there tonight heh. mmmmmmm.

it looks like it's just us three on this thread though. damn, doesn't anyone else love their food!

Shall we do a food blog? I guess not for any of the super dull stuff... but I like how this is motivating me to make something instead of resorting to junk.

I think this place will be my food blog.

Who wants to be my dinner buddy? :(

Shall we do a food blog? I guess not for any of the super dull stuff... but I like how this is motivating me to make something instead of resorting to junk.

I think this place will be my food blog.

Who wants to be my dinner buddy? :(

i'll gladly be your dinner buddy - except we are half a world away man.

nairb you must remember to bring your camera out the next time you eat! seriously even now, i'm still forgetting to take pics before i devour my food.

but i second the idea of making this thread our food blog - and i empathise when you say this motivates you to eat better. i was just talking to valhalla about how accountability makes you more conscious of doing things better. be it how you dress or how you eat.