what are you eating today?

soepom

aw man! I love the food at marmalade pantry! artichoke and feta cheese salad and sticky date pudding is the shite! *drool*

anyhoos, yah just look at what my mum prepared and you know she loves to cook - any event is an opportunity for her to show off. Her birthday is no exception. My job is to praise her to skies, as she well deserves.

I am of course showing my filial piety to her by taking her out to dinner and introducing her to shisha at arab street on top of getting her some auntie equivalent of hypebeastin heats.

so you guys, post some pics of the grub you're eating, good or bad!

Yea, I can't get enough of the sticky date toffee pudding too. Came back and had home-made popiah for dinner. My mum loves to cook too :)

fuck you guys really are just kids. Doesnt anyone cook for themselves in here?

i'm so sorry to hear mil, what might your next serving of combat rations be? beans in ketchup on hard-tack biscuits?

that might be as good as it gets.

i think it should be a requirement for the posts to be accompained by a picture.

you know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words :). and i like drooling over food, especially when I'm stuck in class before lunch. (which is when i am on usually)

cooking the fettucine and cream sauce with portobello mushrooms:

dinner1wc7.jpg

cooking the huge ass prawns and vongole (clams):

dinner2js5.jpg

the vongole needs a longer cooking time:

dinner3qb6.jpg

voila! fettucine with prawn and vongole garnished with chinese parsley:

dinner4gw9.jpg

demolished in minutes:

dinner5kb0.jpg

and a huge mess to clean up:

hugemesslv7.jpg

it's not worth it to cook just for one. but it's a joy to cook and eat your own shit.

valhalla that looks like a pretty delicious meal you cooked up. and what do you care bout the dishes! i know who's gonna do them. ;)

what i had for dinner at work last night:

tofufritterrb8.jpg

tofu fritters - the best discovery on the menu

gindarateriyakiui0.jpg

gindara (cod) teriyaki

and i had free beers. my boss is awesome!

piggin' out and hoggin' the thread.

lunch with a friend:

wayetpowsingqj9.jpg

achar (pickled vegetables)

hainanese chicken rice (one of singapore's signature dishes)

kai lan in oyster sauce

beancurd in spicy minced meat gravy

dessert after:

img2011ie5.jpg

cappucino

iced banana latte

brownie with walnuts and vanilla ice cream

today...

breakfast - the usual: muesli

lunch - the usual: chicken, tomato, beetroot, cucumber, jalapenos, hummus and pepper sandwich on wholemeal grain bread & pepsi max

dinner - mushroom risotto & pepsi max

double espresso, energy drink, multi v juice

haha yes you guys need to come on down to our little island, if nothing else, for the grub.

food is good and relatively affordable. most people actually eat out more than at home simply because you can get a tasty meal for less than 3 USD at a coffeeshop/hawker centre. for that most recent meal with my friends, with all that pasta and sausages and what not, it came up to around only 15USD per person.

in any case, i think the general culture here in singapore is such that people are more ready to spend on their food than on fashion. our boutiques come and go, but the people running eateries which serve good food are rollin' in the dough.

cooking the fettucine and cream sauce with portobello mushrooms:

it's not worth it to cook just for one. but it's a joy to cook and eat your own shit.

I refused to believe that you actually cooked that shit yourself.. you are stealing shots from some culinary websites, fucker!! hahHAHAHahah

I refused to believe that you actually cooked that shit yourself.. you are stealing shots from some culinary websites, fucker!! hahHAHAHahah

yeah shit i got busted. those are actually pictures from nigella lawson's private archives.

except that her tits will be in the shot if that is the case.

you fucking stickman, you've been to my house before, you know that in the picture IS my kitchen.

valhalla don't fall for it - su8m3rg3d is just trying to cop a free meal by getting you to prove the authenticity of your post by cooking for him. :P

i know he cooked that shit 'cos he stole the recipe from me.

baladoongdoong i think you're referring to agadeshi tofu. it's quite similar except that it's more bite sized, and really really soft and gooey on the inside, but light and crisp on the outside. with a spicy thai dip.

anyways, dinner before swing fling:

wayetbeefnoodlesdc8.jpg

beef noodles!

England's got like FUCK ALL for food man....food culture's really baaaaaad! only place around which can match would be london... else, all pretty much sucks

yeah england's not really world-renown for gourmet cuisine... but you can always cook your own shit. haha. watch more jamie oliver, gordon ramsey and nigella lawson (might be distracted by her huge jugs to actually note her recipes).

valhalla--wtf, that looks really good. you can add me to the list of guests to help finish the food...

sure thing dude. you can visit me anytime and i'll be happy to cook you a meal. but you'll have to do the dishes though, i hate washing up. haha.

hey iron chef, chill man.. you're hurting me emotionally with those words.. hahaha..

and fuck yea, those look really delicious and what's more, homemade by ... drum rolls.. valhalla..

impresssssive dude..

pics are making me salivate again.. damn..

haha dude, did you not detect jealousy in those words? i need longer legs to wear my jeans better!

yeah you can join tweedles and come visit me. i've got tons of alcohol to entertain.