what are you eating today?

soepom

anyone know of some decent cookbooks that call for simple prep work and sorta simple/cheap ingredients?  i wanna start cooking more often and hone my shitty skills.  sorry for being vague with my criteria, but i'm willing to get my feet wet.   thanks.

cuisine doesn't really matter, but asian food is preferable since i already have tons of asian ingredients at home.

any food is find

Edited by wahwho11

anyone know of some decent cookbooks that call for simple prep work and sorta simple/cheap ingredients?  i wanna start cooking more often and hone my shitty skills.  sorry for being vague with my criteria, but i'm willing to get my feet wet.   thanks.

cuisine doesn't really matter, but asian food is preferable since i already have tons of asian ingredients at home.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Yan-Can-Cook-Book/dp/0385176066

any food is find

I thought the recent Jacques Pepin collection was very approachable, very comprehensive (bonus that it comes w/DVD to follow along). Good for any level home cook, and not limited to a specific cuisine. It feels like a Joy of Cooking, updated for our generation.

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Pepin-More-All-Time-Favorites/dp/0547232799/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1393022198&sr=8-3&keywords=jacques+pepin

Same waffle place for the last 3. Starting to rationalise an ideal self, one with a waffle iron.

tumblr_n192rv8P8L1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

Took a couple batches of work, but I finally got this "Butter Popcorn" cookie idea to a good place (i.e. labor, labor, labor x3).

Used shades of Daniel Patterson's Grits technique with the Tosi Corn Cookie recipe. 

tumblr_n1co29KbTo1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

New brick oven place (Gino's?). Given that it and Motorino HK share entirely Filipino staff, I'd say this is a notch better.

tumblr_n1i6f1NToH1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

Home made sandwich I had for lunch, Filipino Chorizo and fried egg.

tumblr_n1lrnvLuDe1r1d19oo1_500.jpg