what are you eating today?

soepom

photo+%25283%2529.JPG

photo+%25284%2529.JPG

junk food

photo of ba tong ku (not sure if transliteration correct) coupled with thai lays

you in bkk? lol if you are make sure to get those donut-esque things with the pandan dip too

condensed milk is great but pandan dip far more interesting 

oh man i miss thailand

photo of ba tong ku (not sure if transliteration correct) coupled with thai lays

you in bkk? lol if you are make sure to get those donut-esque things with the pandan dip too

condensed milk is great but pandan dip far more interesting 

oh man i miss thailand

Those are actually Youtiao, I was going to bring them home and have my girlfriend make soup rice but I ate them too fast lol

We have a few Thai markets by me so I can get whatever I want, but I wouldn't mind being in bkk right now

5db22826e38e11e293af22000a9e05e8_7.jpg

Had this again. Dry toss egg noodle variant + two Lumpia bowls (a: Chorizo and porkfloss, b: Sambal and fried wantons).

Probably the best meal you can have for the price. Roughly comes out to 11 USD. 

Went to the opening of Shake Shack UK and ordered...

Double smoke stack, shake stack (highlight), big blend, concrete jungle (another highlight), shackmeister sausage, cheese fries and fifty/fifty to wash it all down, for two.

9231335407_543e4d9f54_z.jpg

9234131764_184a88d271_z.jpg

How we roll in the UK...

9234111304_3e8f109a80_z.jpg

No free sunglasses or eco-bag but we did end up with a pair of these...

9234073672_ea6da7c3b6_z.jpg

^ cookie dough.

Continuing the theme of this page, here's our local Shake Shack copy. Too bad the Filipino food thread is dead.

3bd8deae3a0411e2930d22000a9f12ad_7.jpg

Serves decent burgers – enough to have people get over their qualms about the logo rip.

1dee3f063a0411e29f5b22000a1fbc74_7.jpg

eff54680e77811e28a8922000a1faffc_7.jpg

One of hree of these tostadas (fish, shrimp and lengua).

d7cc4f32e79511e2adbf22000aaa04d4_7.jpg

Mint chocolate pudding.

tumblr_mpne9acIU61r1d19oo1_1280.jpg

Grilled corn tempura. 

Edited by WillKhitie

^ mother of god that looks delicious.

also i realized dudes on sufu are all about some shake shack.

+

i would do things to that sandwich up there that parents warn their children about

Edited by Layne

From my ny trip a couple weeks back:

Smoke shacks from Shack Shack

Have you tried Super Duper in the SF area? If yes, how does it compare? Damn it looks good though.

Have you tried Super Duper in the SF area? If yes, how does it compare? Damn it looks good though.

I've had Super Duper a few times. I like Shake Shack's burgers and shakes/custard a lot more.  

There's a few other popular places around SF like Nopa/Umami, but I haven't had had either.  If you have the chance, get a Bula Burger from Pearle's in Mill Valley.

Edited by CronutEh

I've had Super Duper a few times. I like Shake Shack's burgers and shakes/custard a lot more.  

There's a few other popular places around SF like Nopa/Umami, but I haven't had had either.  If you have the chance, get a Bula Burger from Pearle's in Mill Valley.

I've had Umami Burger down here in socal and I think it's just so-so. I generally don't like gourmet type burgers. Umami's had too much ketchup (ended up being a bit on the sweet side) and expensive for what you get. Looking up Nopa on yelp it would probably fit the gourmet type burger. Pearle's on the other hand looks good. Super Duper is my favorite burger though, so if you're saying shake shack is better, I have to find a way to get to New York.

Speaking of umami burgers, I just found this pic on my phone from sometime last year I think, it was voted Australia's best burger for 2011. 

"Umami Burger – 200g Wagyu and Angus beef cooked to medium rare, Umami rub, brown mushroom sauce, gruyere, caramelised onions, oven roasted tomato and a parmesan crisp between a sweet brioche bun."

From the review:
When everyone is jamming Wagyu into their burgers as a fancy wallet emptying tactic, he stops and reconsiders, telling us that a “100% Wagyu pattie has no place in a burger. You end up losing a lot of beefy flavoursâ€. By mixing his Wagyu with Angus Beef he is able to achieve the best of both worlds – the fatty softness of the Wagyu whilst delivering the beefy kick of the Angus.

Full details here:

http://theburgeradventure.com/2012/02/the-burger-of-the-year-2011/

It was really good but I think since the pattie was so big it's really quite heavy and made me think of it as something you have only once in a while.

After eating it, you won't feel like such a big burger for a while lol.

UmamiBurger.jpg

umami and five guys are mediocre and overpriced. there's way better you can get in la for around the same price.

never had shake shack but people i know tell me in-n-out's better. just gotta see for myself i guess.

I've had Shake Shack at Madison Square Park and In-N-Out in LA and Vegas, up until now I preferred In-N-Out, but after having Shake Shack in the UK... I think I now prefer Shake Shack. However, I will say the hot dogs they serve up aren't worth it at all.

Will try Five Guys when I'm next in London as queuing for one burger joint was enough for one weekend.

Edited by rirawin