what are you eating today?

soepom

Yo man, recipe for the miso tuille?

1 egg white

2 Tbsp sugar (adjust a little either way depending on context)

.25 C flour

1.5 Tbsp butter melted

miso to taste...I use about a tbsp of shiro. Adjust salt depending on how much you use.

Whisk together the egg white with the sugar, then add the flour in gradually. When it's smooth, add the butter and miso and stir it to combine...try not to get too much air into it.

If the batter is too loose, add some more flour. If it's too thick, add a bit of milk or cream. You just need to be able to spread it thin on a silicon mat.

Bake at 350F/175C until it starts to brown (maybe 10 minutes ish). As soon as it's cool enough to handle, mold it to whatever shape you want and let it set up.

They end up tasting like a great combination of a fortune cookie and club cracker haha.

(Sorry for the volume measurements and iffy procedure...only done this a couple times, and mostly just based it on the texture of the batter)

Edited by youkinorn2

made pho from scratch. fucked up and used neck bones for the soup instead of knuckle bones and oxtail

soup was pretty void of impurities and decently clear, but was oilier than i expected. i should've refrigerated to let it congeal and skim it

i'll use oxtail next time, but shit costs ~$5/lb; my beef cost like $3.50/lb

8643508916_2bba903c76_c.jpg

My girlfriend and I finally made it to Kajitsu last night. They've recently opened in a new location, and it was quite nice. I've never really had food like this before, but I'd love to go back again. It was a pretty lovely evening. Good service and lovely presentation.

The menu for the evening.

pfwt8bz.jpg

Unfiltered sake.

tyCaxdh.jpg

And the food.

Tz1rt5z.jpg

ibjoNWi.jpg

QqfjcWu.jpg

1v1DDYR.jpg

fqVfU5g.jpg

blCORVN.jpg

OpN1WV6.jpg

Eb0nqai.jpg

The sakura tofu was wonderful. The wild rice croquette on the spring bloom plate was incredible. I found the deep fried bamboo shoot to be a little too tough for me. The yuba don was probably my favorite course. It was unlike anything I've ever had before, but felt relatable and hearty.

shoot man, where's the meat in the bahn mi? i think you eat more asian food than some asian people.

It's honestly packed in there, just underneath all of that

confession: I cooked beef & shrimp w/ bell peppers stir fry today...

2nd confession: I made chicken w/ ginger and cilantro meatballs for glass noodle soup today.

last confession: I made spam and rice today

all true