what are you eating today?

soepom

HELP ME OUT.

My girl lost a bet to me and she is buying dinner. The problem is she is a vegetarian (I am not). WHERE TO EAT?

In the Bay Area (San Jose, Berkeley, Oakland, SF, etc)

Thanks for the help

Nigga go on yelp or someshit. Damn, how can your girl not like meat?

HELP ME OUT.

My girl lost a bet to me and she is buying dinner. The problem is she is a vegetarian (I am not). WHERE TO EAT?

In the Bay Area (San Jose, Berkeley, Oakland, SF, etc)

Thanks for the help

does it need to be a vegetarian place, or just somewhere she can get a good vegetarian meal while you eat what you want?

from last weekend. one of the best burgers in SD is only a 3 min drive from the pad not to mention 30 or so beers on tap from round the world and bottle beers in the back...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/urge-american-gastropub-san-diego

10 bucks gets you all this...

A BBQ Bacon Burger cooked medium with sweet potatoe fries

All Beef Patty and Aged Cheddar on an Artisan Baked Bun with House-Made "Quelque Chose Cherry Sour Ale BBQ Sauce, "Mission Brewery Shipwrecked IPA" Soaked Crispy Bacon, and Chipotle Tumbleweed Onion Fronds.

8b4c675b.jpg

p1050918g.jpg

el chato - bean and cheese burrito

p1050929d.jpg

stan's - the huell, chocolate and peanut butter

p1050937.jpg

langer's - knish and gravy

p1050939f.jpg

potato pancakes with apple sauce and sour cream

p1050941.jpg

pastrami sandwich

p1050967b.jpg

umami burger

p1050968k.jpg

sweet potato fries

p1050974w.jpg

sweet rose creamery - mint chocolate chip ice cream

p1050987p.jpg

the foundry - grilled cheese: taleggio, raisin bread, apricot-caper puree with beef short rib

p1050992t.jpg

"patio season" burger: cheddar, hawaiian bread, winter condiments (tempura red onion rings, arugala, oven-dried tomatoes, homemade mayo, tamarind-caramelized onions, sour cornichon)

p1060012j.jpg

bread pudding with ice cream

The weekly family dinner was last night.

We went to Arroyo Chop house for some steaks. Super good chop house since they have their own cattle ranch in Orange County, CA. They're one of the few restaurants that carry USDA PRIME PRIME (yea double prime) Beef. Ruth Chris has PRIME PRIME beef only sometimes, Arroyo chop house has it ALL the time.

They have super good prime rib (2.4 lbs) off the menu but it's available only on saturdays and fridays and you have to get there sorta early for dinner (they only make so much a night)

Anyways, on to the pictures:

ee101f13.jpg

Sat outside at a heated patio

ba0df72b.jpg

7f9a18ae.jpg

8ee72311.jpg

b60bf61a.jpg

The garlic bread is AMAZING!! Crunchy exterior, soft, buttery, garlicy inside...

ca6625d3.jpg

I ordered the Filet Mignon. I reaaaaally wanted the prime rib but they were sold out by 7:30 when i got there.

f5a77d1f.jpg

9cb30416.jpg

Had the vanilla souffle for dessert. Sorry i didn't get a picture before it got divided and devoured ;X

94ddb5f1.jpg

I assure you it tastes a heck of a lot better than it looks hahaha