honey & mustard sauce, caramelized onions, fingerling potatoes

77b6631b.jpg

honey, sriracha and japanese mayonnaise sauce with a bunch of veggies

4cea1e7a.jpg

fruit tart & sea salt caramel ganache tart

d84e0274.jpg

fried dough with sugar for breakfast

e99caf66.jpg

fucked up looking scramble but so delicious. onions, mushrooms and chives with roasted potatoes and red onions

Where? Lupita? Can't think of anywhere else. Wahaca maybe? Anywhere good though?

Lupita & Wahaca, both in quesadillas and not mindblowing, but piqued my curiosity enough to really want to have it in other places. Wahaca is talking about convincing a farmer to grow it locally...

Lupita & Wahaca, both in quesadillas and not mindblowing, but piqued my curiosity enough to really want to have it in other places. Wahaca is talking about convincing a farmer to grow it locally...

I've huge respect for Tommi Miers, but never eaten anything halfway good at wahaca. Also was massively underwhelmed by Lupita (slushy margaritas of lime syrup and saccharine tequila made an awful first impression) and wish someone would get it together to do it properly. If Fuscia can repeatedly nail regional chinese, why can't someone do something similar for regional mexican? You ever go see Arturo on lower marsh? Only tacos in london worth fucking with. For me the idea of Wahaca commissioning a grower to produce rotten corn for them is wonderfully ambitious, though I rather wonder what the point is beyond a bit of publicity when their set up seems to insist that the execution will be mediocre. It also annoys me how they make pious noises about seasonality and sustainability, yet serve tomatoes all year round...