what are you eating today?

soepom

^wheres the macaroons from?

donut plant just opened up a new store today in chelsea.

Paris In A Cup... they have a nice little tea room

Orange, CA

@vampy

where'd you get the poutine in la?

Soleil ... one of the few places to get poutine in LA, I think.

in Westwood.

I've heard some things about the "poutine" at Animal, but they don't actually use cheese curds (i think they use cheddar), so it's not really poutine..

4lngpi.jpg

sweetbreads with kale, potatoes, and bacon, and ox tongue hash. shit was stupid good.

a friend was shooting a pilot for some tv show at his restaurant last night so i swung by and got really drunk. some woman was plying us with liquor all night, it was pretty rad

I love food.

I bought some Filet Mignon steaks the other day. Ate a steak for lunch with a friend and still had two steaks left over. Decided to make them into burgers haha. Here are the photos.

47368bef.jpg

dc44ac12.jpg

f5254b9b.jpg

582c5f57.jpg

I diced up portabello mushrooms and onions and then mixed it with the meat along with a whisked egg to help it hold. Also added herbs and spices and stuff.

After cooking the meat i put it on a toasted sesame seed bun.

I also like eggs with my hamburgers and sharp Cheddar cheese.

DSC01587.jpg

The Californian in me wanted avocado with it all.

DSC01588.jpg

Topped everything off with some spread on the buns and medley of veggies (along with the avocado) tucked into a folded blanket of lettuce (so that nothing falls out).

Delicioso.

DSC01591.jpg

This.

Where to get huitlacoche dishes in new york?

No idea.

Had a sweetcorn and huitlacoche soup with these tiny chilled rock shrimp at Stephen Pyles's main restaurant in Dallas once that I have dreams about.

Was like puréed grilled elote with gorgeous hunks of huitlacohe and tiny explosions of shrimp.

Making burgers out of filets is almost as wasteful as stewing it.

What? If you've got the dough to spend, there's absolutely nothing wrong with filet burgers. As long as you don't overwork the meat or overcook them, they'll turn out a lot more tender than other cuts that you'd normally use (chuck, sirloin, etc.).

I agree with stewing though. If you're gonna end up cooking it for long periods, just use a arm/shoulder/bone-in type cuts since it'll add more body and flavor.