what are you eating today?

soepom

this is a shit recipe.

Throw wings in deep fryer for about 5-6 minutes.

Make wing Sauce with Liquid Butter and Franks.

Throw them in the sauce, put on a plate, enjoy with Bleu and some celery.

for BBQ, try open pit bbq sauce instead of the Hot sauce, then throw them on the grill and char broil them.

nomnom

That is bullshit, and I don't need to go into the reasons why, you just need to trust me on this.

40377_891696920220_15904009_48129687_8325685_n.jpg

oh and also, I ate modanyaki from kenka at least once every week last month... but last week my friends and I seemed to have gotten food poisoning (not surprised, they were just closed/reopened by the health dept). I have a huge craving. Does anyone know where I can find really good okonomiyake in nyc?

It's because dominos charges like 9 dollars for 3 large pizzas on tuesdays or something like that and theres tons of lazy older fixed income folks, starving artists, crackheads,and 50K a year tuition paying NYU kids who dont have taste, quality, texture, lack of chemicals, no rat feces as their criteria for pizza. I say lazy because pizza dough is easy to make using the 2 minute prep time Jim Lahey no knead dough method.

Cross post from Dior World Tour thread.

Too lazy to edit.

Also, food.

Kiki's. It's a Szchequan place. Which is basically like really spicy Chinese food.

Don Puo Rou. Which is like fat pork thigh braised slowly. It's actually very good, but pretty fatty. The Taiwanese believe that eating the fat on this meat is good for you because the collagen helps your skin. It's nice to see girls eat this and enjoy themselves instead of being so self conscience. EAT FFS>

DSC05737.jpg

I enjoy to eat a well rounded meal with veggies. Plus, Asian vegetables are bomb, and they cook them right, in my opinion.:o Sorry, I'm not really one for blanched broccoli. :confused:

DSC05741.jpg

This stuff is great, but I can't remember the exact name of it...but it's like that stir fry that you can get at a lot of chinese places. It has the tiny slices of meat with bean curd and spice? But this one was a lot spicier, and the meat was prefried instead of stirfried. It was spicy as hell.

DSC05743.jpg

Hahahaha, anyone who gets a chance, drive out to the nearest 99 and get a couple bottles of this. It's really smooth. And matches up with most Asian food great, but of course the best with Taiwanese food. Nah not really, I prefer it with sczhequan food actually, haha.

DSC05748.jpg

Ma po dou fu nawmsayin? But really, I'm wondering how many people following the tour need me to explain what these pictures are in more depth. But more importantly...how many people even look at this thread...lol

DSC05750.jpg

Dan dan mian. This is going to sound weird, but it's basically noodles with sesame paste and some soy sauce, and the rest is up to the restaurant to make their own unique "dan dan mian wei dao"(sesamepastenoodleflavor).

DSC05752.jpg

Uhhh I'm not great at translating Asian vegetables into English...but I believe this vegetable is chives. This was one of their most famous dishes. Chives with little spicy bits of meat. Great with rice.

DSC05755.jpg

And this was the last dish that we ordered, and one of my favorites. Pigs feet. Usually braised for a long time in low heat to make the tendons and meat very soft. A lot of my friends, of all cultures, think it's gross to eat pigs feet and won't do it. But seriously, don't be a bitch just try it it's delicious and you will not regret it.

DSC05758.jpg

And lastly, if anyone feels like I post up too many pictures of food just tell me, and I'll try to include other stuff too. I just love food.