what are you eating today?

soepom

Dinner:

S7302643.jpg

I decided to go out on a limb and make some potstickers..first time ever..

1. ground pork,onions,etc. & wrappers:

S7302641.jpg

2. put it all together:

S7302644.jpg

3. viola!

S7302645.jpg

beijing restaurant, cos of the dessert alone this is my new fave place. so. fucking. good.

4107790339_2028a4d9cb.jpg

fried sweet cake beijing style. its hard to describe but the inside paste is red bean with some sort of fruit mixed (apple?) in just a bit so you taste the red bean then the next bite its like oh, the fruit bit the sweet cake is still soft and chewy :) light fried so it doesn't take away from the texture and theres a bit of sugar sprinkled outside.

had a bunch of typical mandarin style plates but their xiao lung bao o_O

4108551096_3e57ef7009.jpg

didn't have much moisture inside obviously, was disappointed.

and can't not order

4107793611_9a0f3ca40c.jpg

I've been lucky to have a mutt-style Chinese background, so I am used to eating totally different regional cuisine because it's in my blood.

Grandpa is from Northern China, so he loves fried doughy stuff and noodles.

Grandma is from Shanghai, so she digs the greasy ass Shanghainese shit and xiaolongbao

Maternal Great-Grandma is from Sichuan so we bust out the spicy shit all the time

Mom's side's family did the whole escape to Taiwan shit, so they lived in HK for years and years, explaining why my family does Canto too.

Then of course there's the effect of 'becoming Taiwanese' because of living there for decades and decades.

I would say I'm pretty lucky to have this, because if I had to eat roasted duck, pork, and dim sum all the time, I would get mad bored of it-- regardless of how good it is.

tryin my eggplant skills:

(excuse the blurry pic)

S7302660.jpg

okay so first grilled w/ sesame oil, then i added the sauce: soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce, cornstarch. finally, added the onions, ginger, and garlic, and heated for a while. It was pretty good :)

I love eggplants, but it's hard to find new and creative ways to make them tasty...

One of my favorite ways, but also probably the most unhealthy, is to make a parmesan sandwich with it. Meat is optional.

Fried eggplant with parmesan and marinara. Mm. Asian eggplant is bomb too, stir fried. Can't be too water though. Such an interesting food.

I wouldn't mind some frosted mini wheats, add some chocolate milk and they become infinitely better.

As for eggplant though, I don't like to fuss to much with mine. A really simple preparation that I prefer is having them sliced and then grilled. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds, and enjoy with some soy sauce.

As for me, plain bar food during the Pacquiao boxing match.

4111068949_feec674533.jpg

As for eggplant though, I don't like to fuss to much with mine. A really simple preparation that I prefer is having them sliced and then grilled. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds, and enjoy with some soy sauce.

Grilled or sliced, scored, and roasted with olive oil, s&p, and maybe some garlic are my favorite quick ways to enjoy eggplant.

^looks good, dude, except the tomato slice has some of the "belly button" left on it :D

anyways, even on a cold day , banana split ice cream sundaes warm me up.

S7302665.jpg

S7302668.jpg

yeah..the bananas are on the bottom of the stuffs