what are you eating today?

soepom

pics from the docomoz

i had to take my exgf to lunch a couple times in Tokyo last week because apparently I had promised to a couple years ago. She did what all Asian girls do, and took pictures of the food.

Ate at some youshou-ya in Nishi Ginza. Had a course lunch, and then when I paid at the register I noticed they had a bunch of signatures on the wall, Yasunari Kawabata and Yukio Mishima, amongst. Pretty dope.

Tuna salad:

no vis

Anchovy pizza

24075094_1331186887.jpg

Napolitan

24075094_912902287.jpg

Hamburg

24075094_2006013013.jpg

finished off with homemade old school ice cream.

Some other day we went to Chin, Chen Kenichi's place. I've been there before but I guess she hadn't. Just got the simple lunch set there.

Chen Kenichi's mapo tofu, it's so-so.

24075094_3442674766.jpg

Had mango pudding for dessert.

also - would anybody please recommend me some HK eateries that aren't too hard to find ...

i would recommend tiffen

its a dessert buffet at the grand hyatt i believe

make sure you make a reservation

there are bunch of nice restaurants on knutsford terrace. its a street of restaurants in kowloon

is there anything you're interested in specifically?

Some king bolete and chanterelle mushrooms I found. I ended up putting them in pasta.

DSC03865.jpg

Pan fried tri tip steak with home made pesto, sauteed mushrooms, and spinach sauteed in the steak pan drippings/fond while the steak rested. I had a big, roasty imperial porter that was bourbon barrel aged with it, very delicious.

DSC03875.jpg

DSC03876.jpg