what are you eating today?

soepom

having a lazy house day...

78136.jpg

chinese for lunch (general tsaos, chicken fried rice, crab rangoon)

78137.jpg

after lunch snack. yum.

more of mum's lunches on various days:

wayet0605anq2.jpg

wayet0605bgg7.jpg

been drinking this korean pomelo-citron tea. my latest comfort drink.

wayet0607sc1.jpg

wayet0609om2.jpg

wayet0611bjp3.jpg

supper at a traditional hinghwa (my dialect group) coffeeshop:

wayet0606axz6.jpg

wayet0606bjz5.jpg

the leftmost dish is fried sacs of fish roe - the texture is amazing. salty, crispy, and bubbly-bursty. too high in cholesterol but hey man, there are too many ways to go. i've chosen mine.

wayet0611aoy5.jpg

superpiknikte1.jpg

have a picnic, during your lunch-hour. refuse the temptation to have the drag and drone of work continue into your lunchtime. just go on and try it with friends/colleagues - and let us know if you liked it.

and oh yah - pics, or it didn't happen.

so far today...

breakfast - ski d'lite island escape yoghurt

WDYET140608I.jpg

lunch - salad of tomatoes, roasted beetroot, goat's milk fetta, olive oil, balsamic & chives.....with some roasted parsnip......plus a pepsi max & a double espresso

WDYET140608II.jpg

WDYET140608III.jpg

last sunday it was my girl's 25th....

to celebrate, we had a ginormous steamboat lunch at her place.

squid, prawns, scallops, and some white fish (king snapper i do believe, although i may be wrong)

WDYET080608I.jpg

from bottom to top: pork, chicken, lamb & beef.....plus chinese spinach, some vietnamese vegetables, snowpeas, tofu and mushrooms

WDYET080608II.jpg

WDYET080608III.jpg

WDYET080608IV.jpg

soooooooo good.

the dessert (filo pastry apple cake with brown sugar) missed out on a photo due to me being too eager to eat it.

after a few hours of lying down and rubbing our bellies, i took her out for dinner at must.

no photos unfortunately....but i had an entree of angel hair pasta with scallops, tomatoes, garlic, evoo and chilli, plus a main course of duck confit served with pork belly, on a bed of spicy roasted vegetables and slightly pureed lentils.

i know it's a desecration of good fish - but neither my mum nor i are particularly fond of fish cheeks. we both like the tail bits...

what i meant to ask you the last time you were here is - you seem to really know your asian food. is it because of family or is it because it's popular in perth? i mean, even some singaporean chinese wouldnt know to say "zongzi with lap cheong" :)

its probably a combination of things i guess......

my parents love their food, and from a young age ive been exposed to a wide variety of foods that maybe some other people in perth wouldntve been....im sure my dad being malay has something to do with that. and on top of that, tina's parents are german/HK chinese, so she has had the same experience - basically now i know the chinese names for some dishes, so rather than saying 'glutinous rice with chinese sausage' i can say 'zongzi with lap cheong' :rolleyes:

rira - that fish looks brilliant.....i had the most amazing sashimi at tsujuki when i was there late last year. definitely worth the slightly hungover 5am wakeup.

you seeing an asian gal now jpgm?

yeah, have been with her for almost 8 1/2 years - her mum is HK chinese and dad german.

together with my mixed race heritage, if we have kids, they are going to be some serious mongrels.

hitler would be turning in his grave :eek:

jpgm - whoa! food-wise all that mixed-race heritage is definitely an insanely good thing :D

for sure....i wouldnt have it any other way!

jpgm,you dont look old enough to have had the same chick for 81/2 years...high school sweethearts?

yep! weve been together since our final year of high school....im 25 in a couple weeks.