what are you eating today?

soepom

lunch at home yesterday:

premium rice dumpling + lotus soup

wayet0602agk7.jpg

wayet0602bta5.jpg

wayet0602cdn2.jpg

my grandma makes the dumplings for us every year to celebrate the duan wu festival. the old lady sure can cook, and she sure knows how to keep you wanting more. we only get one precious dumpling each! glutinous rice with salted egg yolk, dried scallop, roast pork, roast duck, gingko nuts, lotus seeds, chestnut, mushroom, dried shrimp... wrapped in bamboo leaves.

there's one left for tweedles - but i'm really tempted to devour it before he drops by...

dinner at work:

wayet0602djm7.jpg

duck leg confit (they changed the sauce to something called "fruit infused jus", and i like it better now)

i love those lotus-wrapped foods. my mom makes those once in a while with just the rice, whatever yellow bean things and salted pork. it's good!

and that duck got my mouth watering :(

dsc0242nq2.jpg

Shochu's Bacon wrapped grape tomatoes. $6. The Seven, dipping sauses: Wasabi Avocado Mayo, Blueberry Teriyaki, Sansho Bokoujou, Sweet Thai Chili, Persimmon Hoisin, Persimmon Soisin, Mis Lychee Ailoli, White Soy Dijon Vinaigrette.

the sauces were all pretty decent. we also had wasabi fries that were very subtle with the wasabi in a good way and were good with the wasabi avocado mayo. We also tried Shochu for the first time. the server told us that its the most popular selling alcoholic beverage in japan right now, that the resturant had one of the largest selections of shochu in the U.S., and that you cant get a hangover from this stuff. any truth to that?

home-made munchies meal fit for a mother fucking king:

-cheeseburger w/tomato, banana peppers, ketchup/mustard (tried it out on an english muffin for maximum meat to bread ratio, worked well)

-beans

-[dank] potato salad

-hard boiled egg

-iced green tea

2557270718_76a56d8748.jpg

dsc0242nq2.jpg

Shochu's Bacon wrapped grape tomatoes. $6. The Seven, dipping sauses: Wasabi Avocado Mayo, Blueberry Teriyaki, Sansho Bokoujou, Sweet Thai Chili, Persimmon Hoisin, Persimmon Soisin, Mis Lychee Ailoli, White Soy Dijon Vinaigrette.

the sauces were all pretty decent. we also had wasabi fries that were very subtle with the wasabi in a good way and were good with the wasabi avocado mayo. We also tried Shochu for the first time. the server told us that its the most popular selling alcoholic beverage in japan right now, that the resturant had one of the largest selections of shochu in the U.S., and that you cant get a hangover from this stuff. any truth to that?

arajio is always the best

how fine the ginger is shredded is already an indicator of how good your food will be.

interesting. do real chefs not use a grater to shred ginger?

187.jpg

quote]

amazingly delicious-looking. well done.

dsc00032jh5.jpg

WTF is that vegetable?!

Indomie_(pack).jpg

jesus christ, how many seasoning sachets do you need? by the time you're done seasoning the soup is cold.