The Flight Jacket Thread

still

For anyone interested in the Himel Heron, I just posted a size 42 for sale in the supermarket, but pictures and details are available in the link in my signature. 

I'll also be posting my Wilcox and Gibbs vintage A2 in size 44 before too long if anyone is interested in that, shoot me a PM

• 2 months later...

And the Himel is up on Ebay…I think someone is going to get a steal on this one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Himel-Brothers-for-Self-Edge-Heron-Horsehide-Jacket-Sz-42-Shinki-Tannery-Flight-/331340048866?

• 1 month later...

^ I don't want to be nit picky but I'm going to be, sorry. That's not a G-1, it's a civilian copy that is loosely inspired by the USN issue flight jacket. A nice jacket probably but no G-1. 

I'm not trying to pass it off as something it isn't; I've always just referred to flight jackets with fur collars as a "G1s" due to the styling. I mean, it's pretty obvious looking at my pictures that the details don't resemble anything that the military actually put out (I'm referring to the buttons, but the price should also make that obvious). I'll edit my post for the sake of transparency, but I highly doubt my original description was hoodwinking anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

As someone who has never owned a new leather jacket, I could use some advice. I'm trying to decide between a 38 and a 40 in the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson A2 (it's gorgeous, and coming to a Self Edge near you!), but neither is jumping out at me as the "right" size. Should I expect some give/stretch with HH? 

• 1 month later...

As someone who has never owned a new leather jacket, I could use some advice. I'm trying to decide between a 38 and a 40 in the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson A2 (it's gorgeous, and coming to a Self Edge near you!), but neither is jumping out at me as the "right" size. Should I expect some give/stretch with HH? 

My schott felt one size to small when it arrived and the thought of trying to get it exchanged did not excite me so l just started wearing it around and wearing it when l rode my bike , it started to stretch out but it gave in a big way when it got damp from a few rides in light rain .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a moto guzzi v7 racer.

Correct , sad that its in the back of my shed collecting dust for the better part of two years .

Flight jacket is a Lost Worlds horse hide repo .

Edited by splash pitman

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

so, another a2 flies in to revive a dead thread...

an aero trainee in sz.44, nothing to boast on / claim brag-net points for, but is nice; I see the point of them [both impractical and yet highly practical...]

battered steerhide in non-matching panels (something I prefer...)

6SBQ7aVh.jpg

GVa4lT3h.jpg

HFeHBE9h.jpg

H5IXKuBh.jpg 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On 1/21/2023 at 2:34 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

honestly one of the best outfit posts of the forum... max-tipping the fedora to this...

That jacket got sold a while back to Cee Blues in Richmond VA, along with other vintage pieces, to fund an 80s De Rosa road bike. I kind of miss it, but they are easier to find than the bike.