The Flight Jacket Thread

still

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that Independence is carrying the A-2 Brown Rawhide Leather Jacket and the A-2 Deck Jacket from Real McCoys and they are both at 25% off right now.

I attached some photos and note that the A-2 Deck Jacket was custom made for us without the USN printed on the chest.

DSC_0057_zps6001036a.jpg

DSC_0056_zpse54af282.jpg

If you have any questions or would like to pick one up, please contact us at [email protected] or at 312.675.2105.

and a RMNZ D1 which has had two seasons wear. The skin on this one is much tougher than the m444 but both have the same fleece length, shorter than the heavier B3's so more suitable for general wear in an english autumn/winter.

image_zps2aaa6a08.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any interest in buying my Goodwear A2? Its a United Sheeplined I bought from another forumite maybe two or three years ago. 

I don't wear it, which is a crying shame. I'd much prefer to move it on to a good home.

Edited by st199ml

Hi there

Sorry for the delay. I really didn't expect to get any interest. 

Its a tagged 42 and sizing is pretty bang on for an A2. Outside pit-to-pit is: 21" and length is a shade under 24". 

Three pictures here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/10615150636/sizes/c/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/10615158454/sizes/c/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/10615150516/sizes/c/

Condition of leather overall is excellent, though there's a fair amount of superficial rubbing to the edging and elbows, which shows up in the images. 

Price wise I wondered if £300 is too much to ask. Happy to discuss offers but maybe in PMs so I don't derail this thread even more than I already have. 

2013-11-09%2013.46.23.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svk9go160doss4c/2013-11-09%2013.46.23.jpg

2013-11-09%2013.46.55.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie7osn7etkc1dys/2013-11-09%2013.46.55.jpg

Just picked up this schott. Its a bit short but still wearable. Would be grateful if anyone has any knowledge on how to date these. 

Sorry I've no idea why my images arent showing up in the post...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well- i've finally joined the Flight jacket crew.

Just got me a used Aero russett goatskin A2. Will post up fit pics in due course.

Amateur selfie. This jacket is a bit of a departure from my usual stuff which tends not to have such a short waistband.

i don't usually like to canvas opinion, but do you think this is TOO short or small looking?

dvhef6.jpg

Mr. Black - that looks like a classic A-2 to me. Now, the reason I don't wear A-2's is because I don't tuck shirts in, and given modern fashion's lower rised pants, you often look like your a slob with a too-short jacket. But as you seem to tuck in shirts, I'd say it's a non-issue. Good sleeve length and shoulder alignment, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thought i'd show some pictures of a recently acquired Gordon & Ferguson M442a. Sadly it's too big for me so i'll be selling on at some point to fund something that's my size (this isn't a sales pitch btw). Lovely jacket tho'

5nusyp.jpg

v5i9vt.jpg

2e2qv10.jpg

2n6tc03.jpg

2rpxly9.jpg

dlkvvn.jpg

• 2 months later...

Time for a bump! I've been thinking of getting my hands on an A-2 jacket but don't really have the funds to go for a top of the line-repro one. So now I'm looking at my options. I came across this jacket of the belgian brand Quartermaster Inspector. Have anyone handled their jacket? 

I also saw some mentions of Flightjacket.com being priceworthy. But what other good options are out there?

And finally, if I go one Ebay - which seems to be somewhat of an A-2 jungle with loads of different brands - what brands would you recommend keeping an eye out for?

Cheers guys! 

Thought i'd show some pictures of a recently acquired Gordon & Ferguson M442a. Sadly it's too big for me so i'll be selling on at some point to fund something that's my size (this isn't a sales pitch btw). Lovely jacket tho'

5nusyp.jpg

v5i9vt.jpg

2e2qv10.jpg

2n6tc03.jpg

2rpxly9.jpg

dlkvvn.jpg

Beautiful jacket - but why'd someone put an A-4 patch on a WW2 era jacket? Unless it was like a Captain's jacket or something. Any stenciling or personal information associated with the jacket to indicate who it's original owner or owners might be?

I can only assume that the fella who was issued this in 42/43 went on to fly a skyhawk in the mid-50's. There was no other information with it but the jacket is now sold.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, first-time poster longtime lurker here  :)

Sharing to you my military-spec flight jacket given to me by my Retired US Navy uncle, this was made by Alpha Industries

10491222_10204436842707141_2264316225380

10467046_10204436842307131_8628477230401

Edited by mf051404

• 4 weeks later...