The Flight Jacket Thread

still

Well worth the wait man! Looks t'riffic.

Loving the 7823(AER) by the way! Fits like a glove. If you ever feel the need to offload any more jackets just let me know!

Aero really does an exceptional job on restorations. BTW, Flying Equipment Co. of Chicago did not actually make 55J14's that were issued to the USN but instead were really nice reproductions dating from the 50's/60's. They also made a really well done goatskin A-2 reproduction. Still, nice job Aero did!

Aero really does an exceptional job on restorations. BTW, Flying Equipment Co. of Chicago did not actually make 55J14's that were issued to the USN but instead were really nice reproductions dating from the 50's/60's. They also made a really well done goatskin A-2 reproduction. Still, nice job Aero did!

thanks for the info.

i have two identical flying equipment g-1's and here's the label from the other. it was sewn in folded. i'm fixing the lining so it's out at the moment.

002.jpg

heech, deluxe, good eyes! yeah there the 30's lee's paul hooked me up with.

alan, thanks man! way overdue for a visit with the chicago crew.

grant

Quoted for truth!

I have a brown a1 I need to post photos of but right now I'm needing a black leather

I'm thinking about this one from https://www.original-fliegerjacken.de/ ...for some reason it's not on their US site, I think it's made by aero

fliegerjacken-a2-hh.jpg

I'm really looking for something to wear when on the motorcycle so this next one isn't the best option but I think it could look pretty fucking sick, also from fligerjacken, made by aero

fliegerjacken-meserschmitt_winter.jpg

also I really like the look of this todd snyder jacket

todd-snyder-2012-fall-collection-6.jpg

I might see if aero will do the top jacket in my post without the knit cuff and add the neck latch and cuff strap. black front quarter horse hide and alpaca lining, faux half belt on the back.

What do you guys think?

Edited by BrokenGlass

god damn im still waiting for my aero a-2!!! ordered on oct 18 wtf the wait is killing me! scared to email amanda again as i inquired about the status a few times already... lol. im hoping it'll be worth the wait but man it's starting to get warm here already!

Wow, that's some jacket ^^^!

Picked up another from John about a month ago. Because it was one of his personal jackets, I didn’t have to wait or break it in too much and it still looked brand new. This one (size 44: “ACMEâ€) couldn’t be more different from my first (size 42: Dubow bought a few years back). As you can see, the fit is different due in part to size and I also highlighted some of the other differences in stitching, zipper, cuffs, etc. The many differences give me more versatility, including being able to wear them in different weather conditions as the “ACME†is a thicker leather and roomy enough to wear a light sweater underneath.

ACME1.jpg

ACME

Dubow2.jpg

Dubow

ACME2.jpg

ACME3.jpg

ACME4.jpg

ACME6.jpg

Great Jackets - Where is the Acme Jacket from? The only place I know of is the acme depot but they don't sell jackets do they??

• 2 weeks later...

thanks heech.

slab i'm not expert on a2 contracts and all their details. i like an a2 to look right and original as far as it's shape and general appearance goes. on those points the kelso does the job for me. i guess you've seen their site so you know what you get. For the money they cost new you could probably pick up a used eastman if you're an average size but i'm not average at 6'2". i bought it off a guy for $250. he didn't like it so passed it on without wearing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Really forgotten about this thread for flight jacket.

Recently bought. A French Flight Jacket from the 70s.

Not the usual bomber type, but is indeed used by the French air force. The left chest rank insignia slot and the left arm pen and log book pocket are the notable features for french pilots.

P3305731.jpg

P4015761.jpg

Well, didn't expect a perfect item for a 2nd hand merchandise. A zipper came off and a torn armpit

P3305741.jpg

Some DIY sewing up the zipper

P3305744.jpg

Hand stitching the torn armpit

P3305745.jpg

Probably due to lack of maintenance without owner for some time, the leather was quite dry.

So, did some oiling with mustang paste.

Before

P3305747.jpg

After

P3305750.jpg