The Flight Jacket Thread

still

thanks hooligan! im a bit of a scruffy git, it has to be said!! i do tuck em in sometimes though:D

I'm just saying because when I wear my A2 with an untucked shirt it looks like I'm wearing a little girls skirt underneath it...

Those classic shorter jackets do it to me every time. But I'm fine with a longer jacket that hides the shirt...

either way, I really like it. I've had a few Aero's in my day and I"m really impressed with what you get.

I'm just saying because when I wear my A2 with an untucked shirt it looks like I'm wearing a little girls skirt underneath it...

Those classic shorter jackets do it to me every time. But I'm fine with a longer jacket that hides the shirt...

either way, I really like it. I've had a few Aero's in my day and I"m really impressed with what you get.

yeah i hear you on the "little girls skirt" front:D, i love aero! good old fasioned customer service from amanda! and amazing quality jackets! i cant fault them at all!

X-posted from the WAYWT denim thread.

DSC00079.jpg

RMNZ Dubow A2 size 42 in russet horsehide. 5'9" 180lbs.

It fits a whole size smaller than my Gibson & Barnes civilian A2 (in 42), wondering if I should have sized up, but the guys on VLJ have mentioned that that's how an A2 was supposed to fit (trim in those days). In any case, it's difficult for me to layer underneath so I mainly only wear it in Autumn and Spring.

btw, it's definitely russet. It's a crappy pic, makes it looks seal. I was in Sydney today and everyone was wearing dark suits and grey woolen coats. Nice to be wearing something different to everyone else.

yeah i hear you on the "little girls skirt" front:D

I hear you too. My solution is to untuck when open, and tuck in when zipped up. But if it's cold enough for me to have to zip up, I'd be wearing a coat instead.

hey guys, How much is a real Vintage A2 USAF Flight Jacket worth??

I came across one in a OP shop, I didnt buy it because i donno anything about flight jackets... but I'm guessing it be worth quite a bit?

hey guys, How much is a real Vintage A2 USAF Flight Jacket worth??

I came across one in a OP shop, I didnt buy it because i donno anything about flight jackets... but I'm guessing it be worth quite a bit?

is it a USAF or AAF flight jacket?

It was a USAF.

what's the difference between usaf and aaf?

USAF = United States Air Force

AAF = Army Air Force

The AAF, which was attached to the Army, ceased to exist in 1947. The USAF was created as an independent branch of service that same year.

I believe a korean war ma-1. if i am wrong, please correct me.

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

Not Korean War, but very nice! The jackets the fliers wore during that war were the L-2, and L-2A series during the summer, and the B-15 series in winter. They had mouton collars which were removed so - for the Korean war, often times the tag would say B-15c(MOD). The L-2a and B-15C were "AF Blue". An offset zip on a jacket that looks like an MA-1 is a B-15(B) Mod if it's nylon, or a B-15(a)Mod if it's not. The B-15(D) was issued just towards the end of Korea and had a green dyed mouton collar - removed it was the B-15(D) Mod. It was sage green, both it and the L-2B were the first jackets to be so colored. Sage green is what the MA-1 was. I believe the first MA-1's were issued in 1957, but they didn't start getting orange liners until the 1970's.

I'm selling a Good Wear A-2 United Sheeplined on ebay if anyones interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220661619587&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_780wt_1139

It's a 40/42 depending how you like your fit and it's beautiful.

If anyone would like it for £530 I'll remove the listing, I'm no big fan of ebay so don't have a conscience in that respect.

I realise it's not a For Sale thread but i guessed it was pretty relevant to Jacket Heads.

Any questions email: [email protected]

That jacket looks great. How stiff is the leather?

Thanks, the leather is really stiff! It is heavy front quarter horse hide, it has loosened up a lot since I got it almost a year ago! When it first arrived I put it on and could barely move!!! You just have to wear a jacket like this constantly to bbreak it in! I have used leathereqe conditioner on it a couple of months ago but it didn't really make it much softer but I love this jacket and one day it will be super soft and comfy!

Here's another Good Wear up for grabs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220667817330&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_595wt_1139

Again hope I'm not imposing on this thread, is so feel free to delete or move it.

If anyone has any queries regarding the jacket feel free to email on [email protected]

I'd accept an offer of £475 and take it off ebay if anyone fancies it.

Best,

Steve

nice... more info? Which model of theirs?

Can you take a photo of it without all the red in the background? It looks almost like maroon satin in that room...

Nice to see the other Monarch M-422 :D !

Great patina just startin to show through judging by your pix, thanks for sharin mate.

(Just repped you yesterday so you've gotta wait a while before i can hit you again)

The weather is starting to turn to autumn here, so it wont be too long now before I can dust mine off (only worn maybe 30 times or so)

Also got a BR 1942 USN (1st pattern) for the really cold months

Nice to see the other Monarch M-422 :D !

Great patina just startin to show through judging by your pix, thanks for sharin mate.

(Just repped you yesterday so you've gotta wait a while before i can hit you again)

The weather is starting to turn to autumn here, so it wont be too long now before I can dust mine off (only worn maybe 30 times or so)

Also got a BR 1942 USN (1st pattern) for the really cold months

Thanks for the rep bro and yeah its just start'n to break in. The Werber is looking incredible in person too.

So how the 422 on your end? I'll bet shes looking BEEEEUTIFUL.

Have you posted any pics of the rickson?