concerts: coming, going, gone

nettiemoore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

did a bit of searching and didn't find any threads on which to post concert photos. :confused: maybe i'm lazy and there is one, so if so, let me know; i'll post there. if not, however, this is a place to post random concert pics.

this last sunday i was in medford for a flyleaf/seether show. my friend with whom i went had backstage passes to meet flyleaf; that was pretty cool. flyleaf is a good band; their live performance is mediocre. seether does an immaculate live production.

10 of us that had won the backstage passes got pulled out of the line (which extends to far beyond what you can see in the photo) and were let in early to meet flyleaf. then we got to get into the auditorium before everyone else to grab the front row spots.

FlyleafSeether006.jpg

my friend (whose face is blanked out) and i w/flyleaf. lacey mosley is TINY at 4'9 (and i am rather tall).

FlyleafSeether008.jpg

little bit of concert action from flyleaf.

FlyleafSeether113.jpg

FlyleafSeether071.jpg

FlyleafSeether084.jpg

FlyleafSeether097.jpg

then seether, which was more epic than i anticipated.

FlyleafSeether142.jpg

FlyleafSeether138.jpg

FlyleafSeether143.jpg

FlyleafSeether008.jpg

lmao smh@ du 2nd from right, he has the physique of someone who spent 30 years bound to a wheelchair and then suddenly started walking again.

BTW, thanks for yet another great post, Disillusioned.

those bands/that venue look super gay

i didnt take it but this is a photo from the show i was at last night literally .5 seconds before epic show ending ko

the venue is pretty ghetto. medford is pretty ghetto, too. i travelled 3.5 hours south of where i go to college to see these bands and 3 of the dudes i met backstage had come all the way from portland. it's pretty surprising they came to such a small city such as medford, which, population-wise, is even smaller than my college town.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medford,_Oregon

I didn't take any photos, but I will post to support Disillusioned in her community-building endeavors.

I went to see Nick Lowe play tonight. Ron Sexsmith opened. The crowd was pretty mature, which shouldn't be too surprising. I was surprised, however, because I am young and rockin' and full of vitality and I expected the other people at the show to be like me. Both Nick Lowe and Ron Sexsmith were awesome. I began doing the twist with a couple of old biddies when Nick Lowe sang "I Knew the Bride (When She Used to Rock and Roll)." Things started to heat up pretty fast, but then I told them that doing the twist isn't a promise, and they seemed to get the picture.

I've always been very annoyed by Flyleaf.

i have been into their music for a while, but their live show was a tad disappointing (lacey was off-key at times) and the fanbase is pretty annoying. mostly high school girls wearing too much eyeliner. the security guards had to literally pick up and lift random girls out of the crowd and/or mosh pit when things got too rowdy. no one messed with me because of my shoes (got several comments on them for some reason. guess medford is pretty casual.)

I didn't take any photos, but I will post to support Disillusioned in her community-building endeavors.

I went to see Nick Lowe play tonight. Ron Sexsmith opened. The crowd was pretty mature, which shouldn't be too surprising. I was surprised, however, because I am young and rockin' and full of vitality and I expected the other people at the show to be like me. Both Nick Lowe and Ron Sexsmith were awesome. I began doing the twist with a couple of old biddies when Nick Lowe sang "I Knew the Bride (When She Used to Rock and Roll)." Things started to heat up pretty fast, but then I told them that doing the twist isn't a promise, and they seemed to get the picture.

mature crowds are nice. my 21-year-old roomie hit up a concert tonight and said she was the youngest one there. the twist is pretty harmless compared to people doing pot in the middle of the crowd, random displays of breasts, etc., all of which of course happened at the show i was at.