concerts: coming, going, gone

nettiemoore

Posted · Hidden by Eternal171, March 3, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Eternal171, March 3, 2012 - No reason given

Death Cab For Cutie night before an exam in a month, will be out of my cast by then

foo fighters during that period too, so fucking stoked

(in caps:)WAS GOING TO WATCH BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB AND NAKED AND FAMOUS AND A BUNCH OF OTHER INDIE BANDS BUT I TORE MY FUCKING LIGAMENT THAT MORNING. SUCKS SO BAD

and don't know if anyone listens to hardcore/post but catching blessthefall and august burns red 30th march... hardcore concerts are the freaking best

Witnessed an appalling performance from M83 tonight. In a festival where no other band I saw was more than five minutes later than schedule, M83 didn't come out until after he was scheduled to finish. He came out fifty minutes late even on top of the half an hour designated for set-up. He butchered We Own the Sky, Kim & Jessie was so poor and Midnight City didn't have the saxophone part (or any attempt to replace it). His disdain was evident the whole time and he pretty much stormed off after playing for no more than 25 minutes - less than one third of the time we waited for him.

He was the fucking headline act, no less.

I just had to express my disappointment.

What festival was this? hope he doesn't perform this poorly at coachella :(

saw theophilus london on tuesday. His opening act was dope (steven a. clark). He performed a lot of his Lovers Holiday, timez are weird tracks and some new stuff which was interesting. He performed with a lot of energy..He didn't really play any of his mixtape tracks but w/e. The opening DJ was terrible, and there were some cute girls out there so that was a plus.

• 4 weeks later...

^ very rare and legendary show

gucci + soulja boy + tyler getting thrown off stage

i need to get a new digi camera just for shooting vids at shows..

heavy bass shit always gets wayyy muddled out on my vidz , fuck

went to tokimonsta, dibia$e, knxwledge and the flying skulls last friday. flying skulls were pretty boring and knxwledge wasn't very good live.

i went for dibia$e and they had the bass turned down for his set which was a shame. tokimonsta sounded better than i thought she would have...

creators project sf on saturday so i can see health, shabazz palaces, teen daze and the yeah yeah yeahs

based lord's 1st solo show

in dere somewhere (rare/secrete/legendary)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone going to see Codeine when they play in Brooklyn in June? I was planning on coming up a few weeks before and seeing two Mogwai shows, but considering Codeine hasn't played in years, I kinda wanna change my plans.

Also, vampy how was WITTR?

• 1 month later...

tickets for summer and fall dates

06/17: explosions in the sky

06/29: codeine

08/04: mewithoutyou (considering... new stuff is shit though)

09/15: swans & xiu xiu

10/09: godspeed you black emperor

10/10: godspeed you black emperor

• 9 months later...

Seeing James Blake when he comes through Seattle, but I have been missing a ton of concerts. Need to get tickets for Flying Lotus, still need to see Shabazz Palaces. Was supposed to see them before Danny Brown but the shows didn't sell well enough. Danny shouldn't have been performing that night either. Super short concert, was clearly overtired and hoarse.

my ears have recovered from Soundwave a couple of weeks ago, now have:

28/3 - Mad Caddies / Good Riddance / A Willhelm Scream / Voodoo Glow Skulls / The Flatliners (Hits & Pits mini festival)

3/4 - Dropkick Murphys

30/4 - Tool

2/5 - The Bronx

17/5 - Gaslight Anthem

a big few weeks!