nettiemoore

concerts: coming, going, gone

Just got out of Dead Meadow and The Black Angels... fucking incredible. I've been a big Dead Meadow fan for years, but this was the first time I'd seen The Black Angels live. I highly recommend them both. If they come to your area, check em out.

I brought my D7000 to take pics/video, but the fucking venue said I couldn't use anything with a flash or removable lens :mad:. They did allow point-and-shoots, but I didn't have mine on me. Needless to say, I was fucking furious.

I'm seeing Battles next week at the same venue... and making sure to bring my shitty little Canon.

I saw Battles in Houston on Thursday night. I'll admit, I was initially skeptical of the "new" live show since losing guitarist/vocalist Tyondai, but these guys did not disappoint. It was actually one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Not to mention, John Stanier is a beast.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

this weekend. pretty good for $20

309851_280719465293762_122697824429261_946307_786511654_n-1.jpg

might have to go to this

saw nero for the first time a few weeks back, hes way more technically talented as a dj than i ever thought so i definitely gained a lot of respect for him. dillon francis is meh but i can get down to a few flinch joints. sure to be a good show.

of thursday then hitting up moogfest sunday, emancipator, umphrees mcgee, childish gambino, gold panda are the must-sees.

portishead sold out, baths cancelled. fugg. all i have for the rest of the year now is how to dress well. very beginning of next year though is deerhoof, psychic tv and jane birkin.

i wanted to go to his show here, but i'm not a 'club person' so i didn't. looks dope though.

THE KILLS 2012 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

January

20 Riviera. Chicago, IL. United States.

21 Midland Theatre. Kansas City. United States.

23 Granada Theater. Dallas, TX. United States.

24 House of Blues. Houston, TX. United States.

25 Stubb’s. Austin, TX. United States.

26 House of Blues. New Orleans, LA. United States.

28 Revolution. Ft. Lauderdale, FL. United States.

29 House of Blues. Lake Buena Vista, FL. United States.

30 Ritz Theater. Tampa, FL. United States.

February

01 Masquerade. Atlanta, GA. United States.

02 9:30 Club. Washington, DC. United States.

03 Royale. Boston, MA. United States.

05 Olympia. Montreal, QUE. United States.

07 Kool Haus. Toronto, ON. United States.

11 Terminal 5. New York. United States.

so stoked

Saw M83 last night at Warehouse Live in Houston.... was pretty damn good. One of the best light/video shows I've seen in a long time.

My only complaint is that the venue always does all ages shows.... and FUCK it's annoying.

Saw M83 last night at Warehouse Live in Houston.... was pretty damn good. One of the best light/video shows I've seen in a long time.

My only complaint is that the venue always does all ages shows.... and FUCK it's annoying.

Going in 2 weeks and I'm sooooo excited

bon iver last night! killed it. back by a super tight 8 piece.

suprisingly good girl to guy ratio and lack of beards and flannel

weakerthans from tonight through saturday.

Yesterday: Nosaj Thing/Daedelus/Two Fresh

18th: Descendents

21st: Four Tet/Gaslamp Killer/more (Low End Theory)

Edited by dacrow

Saw ARP101 / africa hitech / martyn / flying lotus at the hi-fi bar in melbourne. most amazing night i've been too, everybody's set was on point. extremely impressed with arp101 and africa hitech and flylo knows how to work the crowd.

short clip of martyn, apology for the audio, but it was fucking loud

saw gza...sounded like shit (not his fault) but was pretty good. no shogun assassin samples though. :(

Witnessed an appalling performance from M83 tonight. In a festival where no other band I saw was more than five minutes later than schedule, M83 didn't come out until after he was scheduled to finish. He came out fifty minutes late even on top of the half an hour designated for set-up. He butchered We Own the Sky, Kim & Jessie was so poor and Midnight City didn't have the saxophone part (or any attempt to replace it). His disdain was evident the whole time and he pretty much stormed off after playing for no more than 25 minutes - less than one third of the time we waited for him.

He was the fucking headline act, no less.

I just had to express my disappointment.

Edited by okonomi

2 videos i took 4 u all