Strangest Place You've Ever Been / Want To Go

englandmj7

It is possible for an American citizen to get permission to travel to North Korea if you have profess sympathy for the government and its ideology.

The most convenient way is to travel through Beijing which has a direct flight to the capital.

jeez i really need to get to some of these exotic places you all speak of. england whats up with the bay area? anything not to be missed? i'll be driving up from santa barbara for spring break with a girlie. i dont know much about the bay area but i know im going to alcatraz for sure

A few years ago, I went to Malang, Indonesia to visit some relatives. They took me to this drive-through zoo/safari where you can drive close by various animals like lions, black bears, cheetahs, komodo dragons, and so on. Surprisingly most of the animals were asleep. I also held a lion club in my lap. Cool experience.

This winter my pops, my brothers and a bunch of our friends are taking jeeps/trucks from Pattaya, Thailand through Laos and up to the southern tip of China. Each dude is only allowed to bring a backpack and its gonna be partying all the way along. I am so fucking stoked.

that sound amazing. I'd love to do some sort of a road trip like that around there, would be really interesting.

^^ Yeah, should be great! I will do a travelog for SF when I get back :)

i'm really surprised you said Kanchananburi as one of your favorite places....the bridge was that good to you huh?

Wasn't my "favorite" by any means, just an odd place to go. But actually, it was a fantastic trip. Seeing the bridge, museums, etc. was only about 1/20th of the trip. Most of it was spent on a floating hotel on the River Kwai. Each morning, we would get onto this covered barge with a full bar and breakfast buffet and a boat would pull us down the river while we ate and drank. We'd stop at waterfalls/rock pools etc. and go swimming while swigging Singha. Good times.........

jeez i really need to get to some of these exotic places you all speak of. england whats up with the bay area? anything not to be missed? i'll be driving up from santa barbara for spring break with a girlie. i dont know much about the bay area but i know im going to alcatraz for sure

He heh. The bay area isn't bad at all. The people here are alot nicer than in LA and not as plastic. If you like the outdoors there are all kinds of cool places to go up and down the peninsula (Point Reyes, Muir Woods, Stinson beach). Each city here has its own vibe and all have great restaurants and such (Palo Alto, San Jose, Mountain View, SF). Plus, you have Napa/Sonoma close as well, which are great.

If you only have a few days, however, you would probably just want to stay in the city. Take one of those red bus tours your first day; they leave from all over the city. This is a good way to get a feel for the city and see the areas where you might want to spend more time in. Either way, San Francisco is so small that you can pretty much walk every inch of it in a couple of days. Be sure to check out Haight St. (the SF equivalent of Melrose), and eat at the Pink Door (very hyped, but fun/tasty nonetheless). Of course, you can't miss Chinatown, Little Italy (North Beach), Union Square, etc.

strangest/coolest places...

that i've been to: ngorongoro crater (tanzania), borobudur (indonesia), annapurna sanctuary (nepal), lhasa (tibet), lapland (sweden)

that i want to go to: petra (jordan), aconcagua (argentina), myanmar/burma, sri lanka

Ngorongo looks amazing; forgot to add that to my list. How was it?