favorite airlines

Gabriel

I don't get too picky with companies ( as I certainly don't splurge on first class tickets ) and usually go with the cheapest, unless if I can get more convenience of something a little more pricey.

Best flights have been with Klm and Swiss

Worst ...

Pakistan, India and Egypt Air :eek: ( I am sure I have done others from exotic countries )

I flew with Easyjet the other week for the first time and it was great for the price ( 30 some euros ) but if I have to get an expensive flight next time I am going with the competition.

I hated Easyjet. Uncomfy small seats :mad:

And with this crap about restrictions on liquids in airports I couldn't bring a bottle of water aboard so had to pay Easyjet for some fluids for my meds but all companies are cutting back on the little extras these days.

Next time I am going somewhere served by BA and Easyjet and other competitors if the price is the same I am going with the competition.

Especially considering how far out of the way Easyjet airports tend to be ...

Over an hour transportation from London Luton to Downtown no thank you!

I'll take Heathrow with BA, quicker and more convenient

For all the people complaining about Delta AA etc I've always been satisfied. I have had the occasional weather delay which they have no control over and always managed to get freebies out of it(free flight tickets etc)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in agreement. JAP and Thai Airways, for international travel. I'm anxious to try the business class direct route from BKK to NYC on Thai Airways. Love those long flights :)

In terms of the worse, I've heard really bad things about Aeroflot. Another shitty budget carrier around here is Air Asia, which is always delayed for their Bangkok to Chiang Mai routes.

JAL easily in my experience. the cracker mix they give is just divine.

any american airline is fucking terrible, and it gets worse and worse every year

I flew Southwest when I went out to Cali and can honestly say that it was the worst airline I've ever delt with. They have a first come first serve seating poilcy, so if you don't get there 3 hours before your flight, you pretty much gonna be fcuked with the seating because of it. I think that due to a family that was coming back from a family reunion, made the flight bad due to the fact that one woman refused to sit down during the flight and kept taking pictures of her family that she was with on the plane, I was waiting for the pilots to dip the wings so she would fall over (yes, I am an asshole), but the pilots finally caught wind of this and asked everyone to return to their seats due to bad air, in reality the just wanted her to sit her ass down.. The one kid that was with that same family gave my father a hard time due to the fact that he had to sit in the last opened seat that was on the plane. I think my father said that he was giving him dirty looks the whole time and was constantly sucking his lips. I would of asked him if he had a problem if he did this.

JAL is shit in my opinion. Their service has seriously deteriorated since the financial hiccups last year and the board of director in-fighting. A lot of loyal Japan business went to rival ANA as a result.

Best are handsdown - Singapore Airlines . Cathay . Thai

I flew Southwest when I went out to Cali and can honestly say that it was the worst airline I've ever delt with. They have a first come first serve seating poilcy, so if you don't get there 3 hours before your flight, you pretty much gonna be fcuked with the seating because of it. I think that due to a family that was coming back from a family reunion, made the flight bad due to the fact that one woman refused to sit down during the flight and kept taking pictures of her family that she was with on the plane, I was waiting for the pilots to dip the wings so she would fall over (yes, I am an asshole), but the pilots finally caught wind of this and asked everyone to return to their seats due to bad air, in reality the just wanted her to sit her ass down.. The one kid that was with that same family gave my father a hard time due to the fact that he had to sit in the last opened seat that was on the plane. I think my father said that he was giving him dirty looks the whole time and was constantly sucking his lips. I would of asked him if he had a problem if he did this.

all you have to do is print your boarding ticket online the night before and you'll be in the first group to seat...

cathay

if u get the new qantas planes they are pretty good beter then cathay pacific, all the movies, music and games are on some comp thingy so you can browse through everything and pause etc. but be stuck with the crappy qantas planes last few times

cathay

if u get the new qantas planes they are pretty good beter then cathay pacific, all the movies, music and games are on some comp thingy so you can browse through everything and pause etc. but be stuck with the crappy qantas planes last few times

I flew Qantas recently, and yes they did have the video on demand, but the interior of the plane was so fucked and the crew were like ... overweight farmers or something.

all you have to do is print your boarding ticket online the night before and you'll be in the first group to seat...

Yeah, but the only problem with that was the fact that we had to switch airlines, ATA to Southwest and then Southwest to ATA, so we didn't fly Southwest all the way out.

Which reminds me. ATA is the shit.

Back in the day, maybe 4 or so years ago I flew from Copenhagen, Denmark to Madrid via some sort of Europian union airline, can't remember the name though. It was kick ass! TV in every seat, good selection of movies, you could play video games via the nintendo style controller, 3 course meal! Was nice...very simular to Luftansa.

More recently I flew El AL to Tel Aviv, one of the nicest flights I've been on. Top notch survice, security, big seats. A+

hell, honestly I just go with whatever's cheapest.

Orbitz that shit and get the lowest price. Usually ends up with me flying United which has never been a problem for me, so I'd say they're good as far as my needs are concerned.

but on a related (somewhat) topic, does anyone know of ways to obtain plane tickets at the cheapest possible price?

I've heard that orbitz.com, expedia.com, etc. aren't the best decisions because they're actually sponsored by the airlines and therefore don't show the cheapest seats possible.

Does anyone know any alternative methods?

I've never flown in Asia, so I can't relate to all the airlines mentioned here. From the ones I've flown, KLM was certainly a nice experience.

I also don't understand how people say British Air is good. Just flew it last week, and while it's fine on board, the treatement they get at the airports are shit. Well, Heathrow is shit to begin with, but still... Virgin is much better, although they underfeed you.

And yes, don't fly any US airlines, they all suck. JetBlue is good for domestic flights (the recent disaster notwithstanding).

Flown every airline under the sun......lots of bad experiences, but there are still some great airlines out there.

Quality for price:

EVA (small seats, sure, but the cleanliness/attentiveness/prices are excellent, plus unlike many airlines, you still don't have to pay for alochol with them!)

Aer Lingus (hospitality of the Irish can't be beat)

Overall:

Can't beat Emirates

Business -

44jf30i.jpg

First -

2ebr139.jpg

Cool article on Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/travel/2005/11/16/first-class-airlines-cx_sb_1117feat_ls.html

A muffin.

Have you flown Union of Burma Airways?

No; I'm a has-been :(

I didn't think they'd be showing Family Guy in Emirates First class !

Is that Adam West in the background.....haha.

He heh

Only the best on Emirates...........Family Guy has an exclusive entire new season, only available on Emirates; and Lord of the Rings: 4

• 1 year later...