favorite airlines

Gabriel

Based on overall service, pre-flight and in-flight skills, equipment, fleet, meals, brand culture…

1. Cathay Pacific.

2. Swiss.

All the others I've tried weren't worthy of the list, but people seem to love Lufthansa and JAL.

Worst airlines in my experience would be:

Garuda

Qantas

British Airways

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANA (prb the best carrier for US-Jpn flights these days)

JAL (until all the problems of '05~'06, I am sure it will get addressed in '07)

Royal Jordanian Air

Airline/Travel experience also has to include airport experiences - recently learned that travelling through Heathrow to another destination is a pretty dumb thing to do - the hard way.

- Cathay

- British Airways.

- Singapore Airlines (best first class cabins/service out there period)

I can't believe you said Cathay and British in the same sentence.

Oh you're talking 1st are you? I've only been in economy...

JAL, Thai Airways

I'm in agreement. JAP and Thai Airways, for international travel. I'm anxious to try the business class direct route from BKK to NYC on Thai Airways. Love those long flights :)

In terms of the worse, I've heard really bad things about Aeroflot. Another shitty budget carrier around here is Air Asia, which is always delayed for their Bangkok to Chiang Mai routes.

Malaysia Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Air Asia

Although I can't even sit straight because of their 'no leg room' policy (I'm 6'2), I love flying Air Asia. Especially if the crew starts playing bingo during flight. Half of their flights are over loaded and safety regulations are ignored every so often. I recently met a Cathay Pacific pilot who refuses to fly with Air Asia because of it. Welcome to southeast Asia.

SEAIR

Just because of the flight attendants..

44007348_f3a2c3a9ca.jpg

not enough leg room on JAL international flights...

United Economy Plus is pretty roomy... but the flight attendants are old and wrinkly and the Food is Horrible...

Asiana... I had Hot Attendants!! the food was actually kinda edible... BiBimBap wasnt too bad... 1 Hr Stop @ Anchorage, and 1.5 hr layover @ Incheon/Seoul... that = Cigarette Time!!!!!! I love stops.... i get my nicotine fix =) i cant deal with nonstop flights...

i love the drama involved in taking a long haul flight, from entering into a busy international airport, boarding the plane, flirting with the air hostesses, and knowing you wont be disturded till landing (except crying babies or terrorrists)

fav airlines: Asiana, coz if the massive free blanket.

they expevt you to take it and the cost is included in the flight tickets.

i remember back in the early 90s using real metal cutlery.

my mate from ghana took he gyptian flag carrier and said that was pretty bad, and then he took a connecting flight on a charter to ghana, sharing with animals.

he said it was the worse experience of his life bar none

prayed all the way from runway to runway

I flew us airways last week and it was the worst flying experience of my life. they were redoing they're reservation system and lost all reservations and seat assignments everyone was issued hand written tickets and it was pretty much whatever seat you sit in you get. i've never seen so many people miss their flights

It reminds me of the AA cattle-call where you line up by graded category and board to random seats. So even at their worst, US sounds like AA. Continental keeps me comfortable on bicoastal flights, but I always imagine they're continuing service to Japan when I get off the plane.

Singapore air for sure. BA is also good. United and Northwest are great for US->Asia.

EDIT: I forgot, KLM is great.

Worst:

Any domestic American flight by American, Delta, United, etc. I had better domestic flight experiences in China... let's leave it at that.

Also, international flights with US Airways suck.

Guest doubletap

i only fly KLM now, but swiss is good too.

Worst: United Airlines, Qantas, Virgin.

quantas never had a crash... dont know if those odds are good or bad.