Paris shopping, eating, drinking and living

mike lowrey

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've made a google map I often share with my friends who don't know the city, it's different from the SF one as it also includes famous monuments and museums, as many stores and food places. Don't pretend to have everything but it's a good start that will keep you busy. ;)

https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.8662555,2.2888007,13z/data=!4m2!6m1!1sznyaDlkTkmhA.k9GUca8QIi1s?hl=fr

Edited by oreezy

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

going to be in paris this december. any recs for good coffee in the city? got the rest sort of figured out. 

any sufu old heads, hmu if you're around 

Coutume Institutti

Fragments café

Honor café at Comme des garcons

Téléscope 

Coutume Institutti

Fragments café

Honor café at Comme des garcons

Téléscope 

Il est bien Honor café? Perso je vais chez Fondation mais bon, je ne sais pas si les snob du café kifferaient et c'est tout petit.

Je suis pas un vrai connaisseur, mais Lizst (Commeunanonyme, je sais pas sous quel nom tu le connais) qui est un grand amateur de café avait adoré.

La liste que j'ai faite est d'ailleurs pratiquement de lui, c'est tout les cafés dont il m'a parlé ces derniers mois. 

Fondation c'est tres bien, j'y suis allé pas mal de fois les dimanches matins en sortant de soirées.

• 1 month later...

In paris at the end of the month for 3 nights, looking for a nice jazz bar,

a few interesting restaurants / breakfast spots (will be checking out Miznon in the Jewish quarter again)

& maybe some places similar to Dover Street Market / nice book shops like Donlon / Claire De Rouen etc.

Any help is appreciated. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is more of a euro general question but whatever

I'm going to europe for a month, mainly paris but we're gonna spend a couple weeks winging it through Germany and Netherlands by bus

for a lot of the trip we'll have places to stay but other times we'll hostel (maybe 2 weeks worth of hostelling)

Should 4200 Euro be comfortable enough to accommodate the limiting hostelling, food and the couple bus tickets we'll buy as well as whatever tickets we need for museums and drinking

we're planning on quasi bumming it i.e we're not dropping money on clothing and souvenirs really, just food, drinking and sightseeing

This is more of a euro general question but whatever

I'm going to europe for a month, mainly paris but we're gonna spend a couple weeks winging it through Germany and Netherlands by bus

for a lot of the trip we'll have places to stay but other times we'll hostel (maybe 2 weeks worth of hostelling)

Should 4200 Euro be comfortable enough to accommodate the limiting hostelling, food and the couple bus tickets we'll buy as well as whatever tickets we need for museums and drinking

we're planning on quasi bumming it i.e we're not dropping money on clothing and souvenirs really, just food, drinking and sightseeing

Are you seriously asking if you can make it on the cheap (hostels, nothing fancy) with 4200 euros for 30 days (so 140 euros/day) with only two weeks of ho(s)tels needed? If you can't make it you don't deserve to come back alive. You could airbnb with relatively nice studios for 30 days with that money and still manage to eat/go out/etc. Berlin or whatever is cheap, Netherlands you can manage, etc. Paris will be more expensive but if you're not in the central arrondissements you'll still do it ok, especially if you're with other people and can share apt. costs.

You do realize that you can stay in NYC for a month with the same amount of money and "make it" by renting an apt with a friend?

ok i goofed

1) Don't go to hostels you're not a fucking Aussie backpacker discovering life by taking mdma in thailand.

2) Rent apts with your crew

3) mix cooking and going to restaurants

4) Don't take first class tickets in trains and use cheap flights

5) Don't visit too many places, your life isn't a list checking endeavour, this is how cunts live, are you a cunt?

6) You'll have half your money left at the end and still have had a nice time.

• 3 weeks later...

Heuh tu as des mecs partout dans les rues, un mini-fuccboi de 12 ans accompagné par sa mère m'a demandé où se procurer des tickets (je portais un sweat supreme). Remarque que le Marais a pas attendu Supreme pour être sale.

• 1 month later...

Yo heading there for a buying tip for my shop. Can anyone recommend any cool restaurants and bars to check out? Ive added most of these to the list but this is an old thread. 

Looking for really unique interior design and atmospheres. Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

I'm in Paris for the week if anyone wants to get drinks

I also lost my work pants in Shanghai, anyone got a recommendation for a store that sells good work/skate pants for less >200 USD 

Baggy linen or pants are good too