Paris shopping, eating, drinking and living

mike lowrey

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is 2 weeks too long to spend by oneself in Paris?

Also, any tips on solo ski holidays? Really want to go to Tignes next week but can't find any dorms or single rooms (under 150usd a night)? Or which resort would you go to if you were someone who wants to ski easy blacks?

• 2 weeks later...

Also, any tips on solo ski holidays? Really want to go to Tignes next week but can't find any dorms or single rooms (under 150usd a night)? Or which resort would you go to if you were someone who wants to ski easy blacks?

Val d'isere is a great challenging resort, easy access to a few valleys and everything up top is blacks + reds with some olympic stuff. Club Med would be ideal if you are going alone, expensive but everyone mixes and you meet great people easily drawback is the cost $$$

Is 2 weeks too long to spend by oneself in Paris?

For skiing you can check "les menuires" it is on the "les 3 vallées" which is great, you can get room for 90€

any good club for a birthday? :ph34r:

Depend on what type of club you do want to go

Concrete?

Just been through their music and it's not really my kind ...

Depend on what type of club you do want to go

To please everyone i'd say somewhere where we can listen to indies (CC, Zedd, Xilent, Kill Paris, Skrillex, ...) and some more "mainstream" clubbing music, I don't know if it helps :ph34r:

Edited by Mr.Sander

• 2 months later...

Void is a great shop

o-paris is also p.interesting

there are heaps of really neato shops in Le Marasis

I never got to check out Shimji though unfortauntely. Spent so much time looking for it only to find it out it had closed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any decent vintage/consignment stores in Paris?

Anywhere to pick up Undercover?

Any decent places for techwear a la Acronym, Stone Island Shadow Project, etc

yes for everything however

i would seriously consider checking off the pretty bland and expected stores around champs-elysees and rue de riviolli ASAP just to get it out of the way

check every random alleyway and read all the random signs pinned on the walls as usually stores are tucked away.

then go find l'eclaireur, go to the one on rue harrold and the one in 3rd Arr., the one near champs-elysees is OKAY but the one on harrod is truly exceptional

iirc its 10 rue harrold hidden behind a huge door you wont see it so check the door bell and ring them, then wait.

and ask them for reccomendations once your done and then go back the next day and continue wearing everything

then go visit all their reccomendations and ask for more at those spots etc

if you have time to burn get lost in Le Marasis

tbh there are heaps of flagship stores in paris (obviously) just type the names into google and check the stockists page, check for france-paris, write down the address, check the map, find the store

L'éclaireur is on rue Hérold not rue Harrold.

There's a store near French Trotters that carries tech brands, Stone Island also used to have a flagship that carried shadow project, dunno if still open. Second-hand or Discounted is better for women, la Piscine has some cool stuff and there's a good vintage shop in le Marais that carries old YSL, Chanel etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone knows of any good second hand shops in Paris?

Looking for places that may sell clothing such as RO, A1923, Damir Doma, BBS, Devoa and the like.

Or any good markets were this might be found?

Sale periods are fixed although good clients may be invited to private sales first. They end on the 30 of july this summer so some stuff might be left...

Fashion brands also periodically hold sample sales, this is where the heavily discounted or old season stock can be found.

Edited by Fuuma

^ I'll be in paris from august 10-18. Is there really no hope for shopping during that time period? :(

I'm particularly concerned with the acne and rick owens flagship stores.

paris is one of my favorite cities in the world, such an amazing city with beautiful houses, cool people (even though most french people are rude to english speaking people), great food and nice stores.

just saw this over at supernews, http://superfuture.com/supernews/paris-the-fish-club-opening, looks good.

Edited by house

• 2 weeks later...

^ I'll be in paris from august 10-18. Is there really no hope for shopping during that time period? :(

I'm particularly concerned with the acne and rick owens flagship stores.

Yes, there is hope: you go to RO and Acne stores which are both at Palais-Royal, you find the items you want and you proceed to the register. They accept both cash and plastic...

• 6 months later...

just arrived at saint germain. pretty cool. starving tho and dont know where to eat. any recommendations for good, cheap and un-touristy eats in this area? fancy restaurants are great and all but im not looking to ball out when im only trying to get the nasty taste of air france food out of my mouth. 

Edited by deafmetal

just arrived at saint germain. pretty cool. starving tho and dont know where to eat. any recommendations for good, cheap and un-touristy eats in this area? fancy restaurants are great and all but im not looking to ball out when im only trying to get the nasty taste of air france food out of my mouth. 

http://chezbartolo.fr/index.html

• 1 month later...