new common projects ss07

Guest jmatsu

I'm an 11 in Vans Sk8-Hi's and Chukkas... 11-11.5 in Nikes...

What the hell am I shooting for in Com Projects? Sounds like 44-45?

I haven't got to Odin yet to try these things on...it's been causing me to miss out on desired styles/colorways.

You'd be 44 at the largest - 43 might even offer a better fit as long as your feet aren't too wide.

Do yourself a favour and see if your can't try them on first, locally.

Now, back to my predicament..

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can somebody please reassure me that i've bought the correct size CPs and that 42 would have been too small???

just copped black patent hi's in 43, and whilst they fit alright, there is a good cm of room at the toe and the heel isn't quite snug. having said that, the fit is quite secure through the body (as you know, they are slim shoes), with laces done tight.

i'm typically US10 in chucks (also 9.5, but fit is snug), US10.5 in vans slipons, 10.5 in non-sb dunks, etc.

should I return for the 42's or will they be too small?

(i'm beginning to think a 42.5 would have fit me spot on...)

thanks guys.

If there's a cm of space at the toe, then they're the correct size. If you go down a size your toe would touch the toebox and the body would feel too constricting. Even though some people wear shoes so tight that they stretch out at the toe, I doubt patent leather is supple enough for that not to be painful...

FWIW I'm a 11/45 in chucks and a 44 in CP (most people that have both size down one from chucks.)

If there's a cm of space at the toe, then they're the correct size. If you go down a size your toe would touch the toebox and the body would feel too constricting. Even though some people wear shoes so tight that they stretch out at the toe, I doubt patent leather is supple enough for that not to be painful...

FWIW I'm a 11/45 in chucks and a 44 in CP (most people that have both size down one from chucks.)

Hmmm, I'm US9.5/10 in chucks and the 43s still feel too big. But you could be right, 42s might be too snug. I guess I would prefer them to be a little big as opposed to too tight..

But still, I gotta feeling 42 might be a better fit. Fuck Melbourne/Australia for having no CP stockists..

try doubling up your socks dude honestly LOL

you may be just in between sizes which is a bitch, but without being able to try on a 42, you dont want to risk it...

i just got a pair of 41s that im waiting to come in, but ive only tried on 40s. The 40s were pretty damn snug, but fit good lengthwise, heres hoping the extra size up isnt gonna make these shoes really uncomfy (read TOO big)

ps i got the blk patent lows

home -- wow, this whole page has been dedicated to helping you figure out your right size. here is my opinion:

i think size 43 cp's fit well for size 10.5-11 feet

size 42 works for size 9.5-10 feet.

you can probably fit into a 42, but CP's are not wide shoes so that might be too tight on your foot. "a little bit of room" is better than "uncomfortably snug". i think you're safe with a 43.

for reference, i wear a size 42 in CP lows, mids, and highs. fits perfectly.

i can fit in 9 chucks but it feels snug and i dont want to bunch my toes when i walk, so i wear size 9.5 chucks because its more comfy for my feet.

i wear 10 in most vans and nikes, 9.5 in most visvims.

home -- wow, this whole page has been dedicated to helping you figure out your right size. here is my opinion:

i think size 43 cp's fit well for size 10.5-11 feet

size 42 works for size 9.5-10 feet.

you can probably fit into a 42, but CP's are not wide shoes so that might be too tight on your foot. "a little bit of room" is better than "uncomfortably snug". i think you're safe with a 43.

for reference, i wear a size 42 in CP lows, mids, and highs. fits perfectly.

i can fit in 9 chucks but it feels snug and i dont want to bunch my toes when i walk, so i wear size 9.5 chucks because its more comfy for my feet.

i wear 10 in most vans and nikes, 9.5 in most visvims.

Thanks for your patience guys - just wanna be sure because international exchange shipping won't be cheap.

Your fit in size 9 chucks appears to be how I fit with 9.5 chucks. I can wear them, but they are snug, and I enjoy the added room for my toes in size 10.

So, for arguments sake, you're a 9.5 chuck man and the 42 CPs fit perfectly - suggesting that if I, a 10 chuck man were to wear 42 CPs they would be snug, perhaps bordering on uncomfortably snug.

If my logic isn't flawed, I am now leaning towards sticking with the 43s (which I feel are the equivalent to 10.5 chucks), because a little bit loose is better than a little bit tight, right?

If a 9.5/10 chuck man / 10.5 vans / 10.5 non-sb dunk man wants to put his hand up and tell me his experiences with CPs, I'm all ears!

Cheers, guys.

I'm really looking to get my hands on some Grey Suede Mids as I'll finally be able to afford them with this coming paycheck. I checked all the websites available for the US in the Stocklists listed at the Common Projects website, but none of them seem to carry.

I'm a size 12 US so I think I'd be a 45 (46? Someone let me know) If I can't get my hands on these then I'll most likely wait until the SS08 line starts hitting stores and see if I can find something I like, anyone have a tentative date on that?

I'm really looking to get my hands on some Grey Suede Mids as I'll finally be able to afford them with this coming paycheck. I checked all the websites available for the US in the Stocklists listed at the Common Projects website, but none of them seem to carry.

I'm a size 12 US so I think I'd be a 45 (46? Someone let me know) If I can't get my hands on these then I'll most likely wait until the SS08 line starts hitting stores and see if I can find something I like, anyone have a tentative date on that?

Yeah, 45 sounds about right.

I've heard late April / early June, but I'm not certain.

RE: If a 9.5/10 chuck man / 10.5 vans / 10.5 non-sb dunk man wants to put his hand up and tell me his experiences with CPs, I'm all ears!

Damn Home, I feel ya with the whole sizing thing. I seem to agonize over stuff like this all the time. Anyways, I made a post earlier concerning the 43's, but I'll repost it

Just to add to the sizing info, as I've found posts like this ever so helpful in the past:

I just got some CP leather, white, lows in a size 43. They fit perfect, snug.

The 44's were clumsy.

I wear SpringCourts in a 44. Nike dunks in a 10.5. Chuck taylors 10. Most shoes 10.5. I have a couple Adidas in 11. My feet are narrow.

However, now that I have been looking at these shoes, it seems like that in pictures put out by the company, they are always laced SUPER TIGHT! For me, I like a shoe to look mildly relaxed because with a chuck like low-profile looking shoe, when they are laced really tightly, all I see are RONALD MCDONALD'S CLOWN SHOES. But, I think that if there is a little room and they have to be laced tight its not all that bad... there's a certain style associated with that... yeah.

RE: If a 9.5/10 chuck man / 10.5 vans / 10.5 non-sb dunk man wants to put his hand up and tell me his experiences with CPs, I'm all ears!

Damn Home, I feel ya with the whole sizing thing. I seem to agonize over stuff like this all the time. Anyways, I made a post earlier concerning the 43's, but I'll repost it

Just to add to the sizing info, as I've found posts like this ever so helpful in the past:

The 44's were clumsy.

I wear SpringCourts in a 44. Nike dunks in a 10.5. Chuck taylors 10. Most shoes 10.5. I have a couple Adidas in 11. My feet are narrow.

However, now that I have been looking at these shoes, it seems like that in pictures put out by the company, they are always laced SUPER TIGHT! For me, I like a shoe to look mildly relaxed because with a chuck like low-profile looking shoe, when they are laced really tightly, all I see are RONALD MCDONALD'S CLOWN SHOES. But, I think that if there is a little room and they have to be laced tight its not all that bad... there's a certain style associated with that... yeah.

Ahah, yeah, I do tend to agonize over sizing issues - especially when buying shit on the internet, I hate not being able to try on.

Well, I seem to be leaning towards keeping the 43s now, despite them being a little loose on my foot. A worse situation would be my toes hitting the end in the 42s. But you are right, I do have them laced up tight as they can be (I need to), and I am seeing a bit of a clown-shoe aesthetic. Fuck.

^ get a 43. i am a 10 in vans and nike dunks and 43 patent mid top are half a size to a full size bigger. The shoe fits perfect except that there is a little too much room in the toe box than id like, still wearable though

Thanks. Its the fact that 42s may be the size/half size smaller that will fit me perfectly.

Can anyone confirm the outsole measurement on 42s is close to 11.75 inches (slight diagonal - longest measurement possible)? I've also seen 11.5 inches listed - which would be too small, I would think.

Ta.

The 44's were clumsy.

Ahah, yeah, I do tend to agonize over sizing issues - especially when buying shit on the internet, I hate not being able to try on.

Well, I seem to be leaning towards keeping the 43s now, despite them being a little loose on my foot. A worse situation would be my toes hitting the end in the 42s. But you are right, I do have them laced up tight as they can be (I need to), and I am seeing a bit of a clown-shoe aesthetic. Fuck.

^ get a 43. i am a 10 in vans and nike dunks and 43 patent mid top are half a size to a full size bigger. The shoe fits perfect except that there is a little too much room in the toe box than id like, still wearable though

Thanks. Its the fact that 42s may be the size/half size smaller that will fit me perfectly.

Can anyone confirm the outsole measurement on 42s is close to 11.75 inches (slight diagonal - longest measurement possible)? I've also seen 11.5 inches listed - which would be too small, I would think.

Ta.