japan :: tokyo :: shopping

herpsky

What are the names of some used/vintage shops in harajuku? I remember there were two on takeshti dori. Ca anyone help?

heatwave and space&co?

space&co is definitely on takeshita

kinda crazy. only middle school students on shukugakuryoko are on takeshita. it's a horrible place to be

Hey, I'm heading to Tokyo in January. I'm also planning a pair of nice jeans...Would I be able to get stuff cheaper over there, or over here, in NYC where I can easily head to places like Blue In Green and the likes?

Search for the tokyo denim thread. Ameyoko probably has the biggest concentration of jeans but the actual brand shops are scattered around the city.

Edit: To avoid confusion, Ameyoko is just outside of Ueno station on the JR

Search for the tokyo denim thread. Ameyoko probably has the biggest concentration of jeans but the actual brand shops are scattered around the city.

I suggest heading to Ueno. You can take the Yamanote line (green line) there. Once your there just walk along the streets that follow the train line. There are several denim stores in that area. You could also try Shibuya and Harajuku. I know there is a Pure Blue Japan store in Harajuku and a Momotoro store in Shibuya. The exchange rate sucks right now but its still worth checking out. Goodluck

• 1 year later...

I Hokkaido now, getting on the plane to tokyo, first time ever going to Tokyo and i figured like most I'd do a big shopping trip,

Iv purchased the Sufu guide, looked all over the forum and hb and bt, I have 3 days to go around, and if I could summarize that I'm from the UK so almost all shops including supreme I can't get to in the UK. (yes i know there's. A store but it's no good)

I'm not exactly after supreme as I have been to NYC, so i understand in Tokyo that there will be places I'll never see again outta Tokyo,

So far my must see list is,

Neighborhood, visvim, blackflag, heatwave (and other secondhand stores- recommendations welcome), sophnet, bape exclusive?

I think that's it, I will still wonder around the others but 3 days isn't much so if i run outta time i know where I've got to go before i leave,

Thanks.

I'm more of a hype beast regular than superfuture, I think, but haven't really had a good look around here,

Thanks

Staying in roppongi, is that a good base to take metro everywhere? Or is there a cheaper way of getting around.

1) get the sufu iphone app

2) most street fashion stores are located in ura-harajuku. the area that's bordered by meiji-dori and omotesando

3) blackflag is closed

4) you should contact Yom (i think that's his user name)

5) I don't really know what exactly you are interested. Any specific brands you are looking for?

You should check out swagger, phenomenon, facetasm, sasquatchfabrix, and bedwin. What's popular overseas, e.g. visvim, isn't all that popular around here anyway. Check out Vendor and Nanamica also. Acycle in Harajuku has a great selection of weird / space ninja / fashion-forward stuff.

If you are on an insanely tight schedule, check out

Isetan and Hankyu department stores. one stop shop for all your fashion needs.

Edited by herpsky

Basically everything herp said is spot on.

Swagger is where the old BBC/Bape store used to be - on the same street as NBHD and Supreme. Heatwave in Harajuku is fairly hit and miss but mostly miss, the physical store doesn't actually have that much. Try Fool's Judge which is once again on the same street as Supreme; the store is down a set of stairs so keep your eyes peeled for the sign.

Also keep in mind FIL is down some stairs too, can be missed also if you don't keep your eyes open.

Yes trains are the best option to get around, constant use of taxis will cost you a small fortune.

Edited by Playahater

Thanks very much both of you,

Firstly herpsky, I'm on blackberry- which i don't even have with me in japan..

Discovered blackflag was closed after waiting at it to open from 10 to 11 till 12, hmm. At least that was a Easy drop in to the fort style shopping system.

I'll contact Yom, why? Shall i say herpsky told me to contact you and that I'm staying in Tokyo?

Will probably check out the department stores, I am interested in stüssy, bape, supreme, mostly skate wear, so undftd, jordans, snapbacks, varsitys, crew necks, flannels, but as I'm in Tokyo i was looking to blow about 60000 maximum on one very interesting item,

Or lots of cheap items from 2nd hand vendors. (actually I was planning on buying a really nice pair of jeans, neighborhood wasn't me though)

Next, playa hater, what's fil?

If anyone's interested i checked out many stores in aoyamo and harajuku today, I've decided I won't be anything from flagship stores of none japanese brands, as I went in alive today, in NYC i put a pair of shoes for 36 pounds, 60usd. Here they were 136,000 jpy, 136 pounds!

Briefly looked in fools judge- might have another route through, heatwave has moved from an upstairs shop too brand collect. Few doors up, also a good store, not as nice as Folls judge. Nana international was no good at all, wasn't impressed much either by neighborhood, bounty hunter or x large. I don't know if its me, or its everything has been bought cause the time of year, but i wasn't impressed by much japanese shops. American brands however put a lot of effort into the stores, with big stock, interesting items, but high prices. Stüssy was especially impressive, and supreme was about as impressive as a supreme store gets considering it's normally dribble in their stores. Kicks lab looked really good, was in a rush by then, Nike sports wear was actually the first Nike store I've been in all over the world with an edge on other sneaker stores of their one brand! Lastly bape was average and bape exclusive might've been just me, but its nothing short of MWADNESs.

F.I.L. is the name of Visvim's retail stores.

If you're interested in Stussy there's an installation at Parco Department store(Building 3) in Shibuya. No idea if the product will be different from the flagship store.

Try PX Megastore if you have the time, not exactly the easiest place to find though but can be very much worth it. Go to Shinjuku station and catch the Chuo Line to Ogikubo Station and take the North exit. Get onto the main road, cross it and walk left. PX is on the right side of the road (which you should be on) and just keep walking straight. You'll eventually see it and the signs. Also there is a PX Station which is just off a little side street, mostly sneakers there though. Keep in mind though you'll need at least an hour here, there's a LOT of gear to go through.

How long does it take to get to the px megastore? I don't think I've time to go out of tokyo or anything?

I'm not to fussed for t shirts, like i said I'm looking for a big piece, like a winter jacket or Japanese denim?

It's about 20 min train ride from Shinjuku station plus around 10 minutes to walk there, should only take 5 mins to walk back once you know your way. If you want any rare / highly sort after Supreme/NBHD/Bape/Wtaps etc pieces then its well worth the trip. They've got an entire floor for jackets.

Otherwise for denim hit up Ueno, more specifically Hinoya and Americaya

PX megastore is in Kichijoji, I think.

It's worth a trip if you have a lot of free time. LA avenue (napsize.com) is also in Kichijoji.

Mita sneakers in Ueno also.

If you are in Harajuku, you should check out atmos and chapterworld.

Second hand stores seriously suck in Tokyo. Insanely overpriced.

The shitty LA style streetwear is nearly non-existent. People either wear SWG/Pheno or head-to-toe supreme with vans.

Everything else belongs to "urban hiking"

Most stussy chapters here are more or less the same.

px megastore has an insane selection of limited g-shocks.

i kinda feel sorry to inform you but the style of clothes you want is no longer popular and it's becoming increasingly harder to find these days. you should have come down here ten years ago. i've barely seen guys who dress like the folks in samurai magazine

the best streetwear store is probably AGITO. they have premium nike SB and jordan accounts. nitraid is really impressive.

Posted · Hidden by herpsky, January 5, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by herpsky, January 5, 2012 - No reason given

urahara --> dior-esque --> amekaji / urban mountaineering

What's popular now in japan? Im open to browsing just to see what's good, whether I not I like it is my problem.

I'm not really feeling Tokyo ATM, but i see lots of people wearing super fucking cool clothes, so I know it's still around.

• 5 months later...

I was in Darklands in Berlin the other day, heading to Tokyo soon. Person at the store said there are some sick outlets in Japan for stuff like Ann Demeulemeester, BBS, Veridi-anne, etc.

I was in Hong Kong several years ago and visited Joyce Warehouse, best outlet I've ever visited. Is there anything similar in Japan?

• 1 month later...

There are actually a few outlet locations across Japan. The one I once visited is in Karuizawa, a mountain resort that can be reached by Shinkansen from Tokyo (going onwards to Nagano). You'll find official outlets of established (Japanese) brands such as BEAMS, agnès b. and Jack Spade. Stock is somewhat mainstream but still good.

http://www.karuizawa-psp.jp/info/f_en.pdf

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think it's just a matter of personal preference.

i like 家系 and 支那ãã° - the ones without the niboshi / seafood flavor.

Edited by herpsky

nanamica is worth checking out.

TNF and TNF Standard on Meiji-dori also carry all kinds of weird / crazy gear that you won't find outside of Japan.