japan :: tokyo :: shopping

herpsky

• 2 weeks later...

Im travelling tokyo at the moment, and the shops have not impressed me. Architecture is nuuuts but product isnt that great. everythings sold out :(...anyone know if any stores carry huf, black scale, hundreds...havent seen none of this here

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be in Tokyo at the end of the month and I'm wondering if I'm going to be up the creek finding any clothes that fit a 6' 4" guy or size 13/14 shoes?

Sorry no jawnz for you.

If you want "domestic" stuff, you are out of luck.

You might be able to buy some imported stuff but stores never

order anything larger than size 50 anyway. I assume you'd be like

a 52 or 54.

You might have some luck with tenderloin, cootie, cdg, and stuff.

Also, streetwear ala phenemenon, nitraid, and revolver.

what kinda jawns are you into

if you want goth ninja, i can't help you

I stumbled upon AGITO when Lab and I went to Great Burger in Shibuya.

It's one of my favorite stores right now. Very cool.

Is the Contemporary Fix in Aoyama still open?

Man I'm really feeling Giuliano Fujiwara & Undercover this season. The new store in Aoyama is fucking ace. Just copped shit from both recently. Want the Fujiwara sneakers in white; prolly get em end of the month.

a lot of outerwear featured in mags and websites e.g. nonno, honeyee

get pwn3d by HK resellers

the best bet is visiting UC in less steezy areas

like that one in the revolve building. they have pictures of the jawns posted on their walls and you can sometimes pre-order and shit.

Sorry no jawnz for you.

If you want "domestic" stuff, you are out of luck.

You might be able to buy some imported stuff but stores never

order anything larger than size 50 anyway. I assume you'd be like

a 52 or 54.

You might have some luck with tenderloin, cootie, cdg, and stuff.

Also, streetwear ala phenemenon, nitraid, and revolver.

what kinda jawns are you into

if you want goth ninja, i can't help you

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just look, and save my money to buy fucked-up shit when I get to Hong Kong.

do they have much F/W outerwear (not inc. capes) left at UC

Yeah they have some but most of the good shit is already sold out in size 2-3s. I work down the street in Harajuku and went during my lunch break and there was a ton of Chinese tourists buying tons of shit like the place was going out of business. It was kinda crazy. All the sneakers colors, all the accessories, and shirts, jackets in the same design but different colors. They prolly dropped over 50-60k at that place.

a lot of outerwear featured in mags and websites e.g. nonno, honeyee

get pwn3d by HK resellers

Actually they were probably resellers now that I read this...

Shit is still ridiculous.

y-3 is down the street.

Shame Y-3 is all logoed up or I would have kopped a track jacket.

herp did you cop that Arcteryx jacket? I need some new gear for field research and i have figured out i can get what i want for cheaper from the US, than what i want from outdoor brands over here like Mountain Designs, Mont etc

want to to hear what you have to say? If you did indeed get it.

will someone do me a favor and take me on a tour this monday around harajuku?

will pay for their lunch and good sufu company.

right now i'm in shinjuku sunroute hotel, i really want to blow my wad of cash, but harajuku is mad confusing, even though i have been there 3 times, i still can't find some stores

Havent bought an arcteryx jacket yet. This season's selection was pretty

horrible. Im waiting...

What are you lokking for in shinjuku?

will someone do me a favor and take me on a tour this monday around harajuku?

will pay for their lunch and good sufu company.

right now i'm in shinjuku sunroute hotel, i really want to blow my wad of cash, but harajuku is mad confusing, even though i have been there 3 times, i still can't find some stores

just use the tokyo supermap. if you need any specific stores, i'm sure someone could help you out.

okay, so i'm actually in shinjuku, but i have no idea what steezy stores here i would enjoy

not really into street wear, more like number nine shit, hare, um guess just cool looking clothes that are not street wear, hahahaha

in harajuku i found abahouse which was cool, some store called qraqle, lanvin, abahouse edwin, hysteric glamour, john bull and beams which i really liked...can you guys gimmie directions from harajuku station in harajuku for beams like stores?

also from harjuku station, can you guys direct me to the giulio fujiwara store, 45rpm and ot&e? any other stores I might enjoy in harajuku? shinjuku?

my flight leaves monday at 6 so i'm going to wake up at 8 to go power shopping

thanks!

ps i did shitty at sbo, but still had a fucking great time, learning a lot

okay, so i'm actually in shinjuku, but i have no idea what steezy stores here i would enjoy

not really into street wear, more like number nine shit, hare, um guess just cool looking clothes that are not street wear, hahahaha

in harajuku i found abahouse which was cool, some store called qraqle, lanvin, abahouse edwin, hysteric glamour, john bull and beams which i really liked...can you guys gimmie directions from harajuku station in harajuku for beams like stores?

So United Arrows, Nano Universe, Tomorrowland, etc? In Shinjuku most of these stores are in Lumine South/East exit. Harajuku doesn't have these type of stores. Shibuya has them in the back alley after Tower Records.

also from harjuku station, can you guys direct me to the giulio fujiwara store, 45rpm and ot&e? any other stores I might enjoy in harajuku? shinjuku?

Fujiwara is in Aoyama-1 chome. From Omotesando station go toward Shibuya until you get to the crossing with the starbucks on the left. Then walk all the way down towards Roppongi and it should be on your right.

I have no idea where 45rpm stores are located and don't know ot&e stands for.

45 rpm is on meiji dori. Its actually across the street from abahouse. Close to urban research.

You should have done more research. Sucks.

Epic fail if you didnt check isetan.

Youll find all kinds of "cool" shit there.

Its great for tourists who are just completely clueless.

Tom ford and thom brown are coming to isetan fyi.

• 1 year later...