Grown up bag

Mente

I've always used Tumi, black ballistic nylon, for garment bag, weekend duffel, and computer brief. Indestructible but maybe a little too minimal.

Other choices are Jack Spade, Mulberry. Haven't seen that many Porter bags but they look pretty good.

I've always used Tumi, black ballistic nylon, for garment bag, weekend duffel, and computer brief. Indestructible but maybe a little too minimal.

Other choices are Jack Spade, Mulberry. Haven't seen that many Porter bags but they look pretty good.

Tumis are amazing quality but a little on the boring side for me. I was thinking Mulberry too, but didn't find any styles that I loved. I'll have to take a look again.

I always champion Filson anytime I can on this board. This situation is no different. They arent cheap, but the quality and workmanship is top notch for their price point.

http://www.filson.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2065708&cp=2065674.2065687&view=all&fpricesort

If you want some flashy shit that screams luxury, or is really fashion forward, you may want to look elsewhere. If you want excellent form and function, give one of these a try.

As do I...BUT since they've traded hands once again and moved production off U.S. soil I'm hesitant to recommend any of the new product coming out without getting a chance to test-run it first. Old Filson, though? 100% unfuckwithable.

Have they?...

Shit, that's weak. They've always treated me and the Fam real well, and the most recent purchase I made was handcrafted in the good ol USofA.

We'll see what happens.

I'm going to eat my words, RBW -- the info I got, which I thought applied to their whole line, really only pertains to the newer "Lodge" collection. They can make that in China as long as they want, so long as the bags'n'belts still belong to the US of A. Thanks for helping me do a double-take.

I always champion Filson anytime I can on this board. This situation is no different. They arent cheap, but the quality and workmanship is top notch for their price point.

http://www.filson.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2065708&cp=2065674.2065687&view=all&fpricesort

If you want some flashy shit that screams luxury, or is really fashion forward, you may want to look elsewhere. If you want excellent form and function, give one of these a try.

Same here. I was just going to throw up the Filson Rucksack and then I scrolled down to see this. RBW knows what's up, Filson is the shit.

I don't know about any change in quality. I have some new and old peices - all are solid, no difference in quality. And last I heard its all still made in the US.

I'm going to eat my words, RBW -- the info I got, which I thought applied to their whole line, really only pertains to the newer "Lodge" collection. They can make that in China as long as they want, so long as the bags'n'belts still belong to the US of A. Thanks for helping me do a double-take.

Good to hear you were misinformed...I still want some goatskin gloves lined with "virgin merino wool" (they always make their clothes sound so good) But those can wait till next season.

Now back to adult bags...

I've been partial to J. FOLD bags lately. Their gear bags are similar to the usual line of military styled shoulder bags produced, but where they really shine is with their style pieces. They have a perforated leather laptop bag in white or black leather with subtle green detailing, and you will never be confused for street style. They also make a nice line of sports bags and wallets.

UNFORTUNATELY the interiors are mostly unbonded nylons, making them less functional than they are attractive. The larger bags have substantial zippers on them, but the zip wallets use a lighter plastic zip. The bag fits the style of young design professionals well, which could work in the direction of the styles preferred by Superfuturists. Their work doesn't take itself too seriously while looking good.

On second thought, I second the vintage English leather (school)bag. It's not more grown-up but it is less 'street.' They're not as expensive as you might expect.

what the hell is virgin merino wool?

as in wool from a hymen still intact sheep?

btw looks good though

Virgin wool is the first use of that particular wool, and Merino wool originates from Merino sheep that have been bred for their softness. The species originates in Spain. The only reason I know this was that for the month I was having a Merino sweater made for me I kept being told that the King of Spain had Merino underwear, a fact I can now use to bore people on internet forums.

My new favorite bag is a deadstock tan leather case that looks like it would be used by someone's English teacher, circa 1965.