Eternal 868 10th Anniversary - Arrived!

k3mistry

I've searched to my hearts content. From SUFU, to Japanese online stores, to BIG, and even email's with Gordon, but I still need some help.

I plan on picking up a pair of 872's within the next 2 weeks, but I'm having some sizing troubles.

I wear a size 32 in Pure Blue Japan xx-005's (fit perfectly), and a size 30 in the 872's measure up closely, but 2 inches smaller waist.

Is it at all possible that I could stretch out a size 30 to fit my 32 (ish) waist?

I think I've gathered that a size 31 would fit spot on, a size 30 could fit perfectly if the waist stretches, and that I would be un-happy with the looseness of size 32's after I wear them in just a little bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love slubby denim!

God knows if your going to find this helpful -- im so late in on this one.

Id say go for the 31.

I wear a stretched pbj 005 in 31 and a 868 ( essentially the same as an 872 ) in 30. I dont wash em because the waist will shrink - its a touch to tight....

EDIT

My 868s have moderate wear now so will update soon with a few pics......

God knows if your going to find this helpful -- im so late in on this one.

Id say go for the 31.

I wear a stretched pbj 005 in 31 and a 868 ( essentially the same as an 872 ) in 30. I dont wash em because the waist will shrink - its a touch to tight....

EDIT

My 868s have moderate wear now so will update soon with a few pics......

Thank you for the reply! Ha ha. Its awesome that you replied even though that was two years ago. Two years sure changes a lot and one such change is my waist size! I'm now a size 34 in the Pure Blue Japan xx-005/xx-007 cut (the waist is pretty loose but the rest of the jean fits slim).

The other change is my knowledge. The 872's only come in even sizes. I ended up eventually getting a pair of size 34 Eternal 872's and they were a nice loose work wear fit. After lots of wear they even shrunk enough to be worn as every day jeans!

Here is a little taste of some beat streaky denim:

IMG_2341.jpg

• 8 years later...

Here you are Chambo: https://www.denimbro.com/topic4006_post112037.html#112037 

I'm a bit torn on price. For me these are a grail item and part of Eternal history (they were the first to make this ultra heavy slubby fabric back in the day just before Oni and PBJ launched comparable products) so warrant a higher price. I've just priced to match the cost of my next pair. I'm open to offers, partial trades etc. I'm size 32/33 now.

Edited by viv1984viv