top 5 japanese brands you hate and why

Guest jmatsu

Bingo, yeah, Bape is originaly based on Paul Frank, congratulations you figured out the key to the holy grail of streetwear, everything goes back to Paul Frank. Nigo has a bunker 3 kilometers under Tokyo with a complete mint collection of everything Paul Frank has ever done. If you go there now and say you have the key then you will be frozen in carbinate and be immortalised as part of Nigo`s collection and therefore as part of streetwear culture forever.

Nigo is a smart businessman then. copy a successful clothing line into your own image. every lazy person been doing that but i admire it when its done right, like the many jap levi repro companies. something makes it more unique when the japanese copy tho. as for bape, i never liked paul frank in the first place so why would i like bape?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigo is a smart businessman then. copy a successful clothing line into your own image. every lazy person been doing that but i admire it when its done right, like the many jap levi repro companies. something makes it more unique when the japanese copy tho. as for bape, i never liked paul frank in the first place so why would i like bape?

hahahahaha

Bingo, yeah, Bape is originaly based on Paul Frank, congratulations you figured out the key to the holy grail of streetwear, everything goes back to Paul Frank. Nigo has a bunker 3 kilometers under Tokyo with a complete mint collection of everything Paul Frank has ever done. If you go there now and say you have the key then you will be frozen in carbinate and be immortalised as part of Nigo`s collection and therefore as part of streetwear culture forever.

Just a question...

if you were Paul Frank, do you feel honored that you established a new fashion culture or disrespected that everyone is making money by twisting and repacking your ideas?

I'm still new when comes to streetwear, so forgive me if I asked a noobish question.

if interested here a link about Nigo

http://www.portfolio.com/culture-lifestyle/goods/style/2007/10/15/Bathing-Ape-Profile

Just a question...

if you were Paul Frank, do you feel honored that you established a new fashion culture or disrespected that everyone is making money by twisting and repacking your ideas?

I'm still new when comes to streetwear, so forgive me if I asked a noobish question.

if interested here a link about Nigo

http://www.portfolio.com/culture-lifestyle/goods/style/2007/10/15/Bathing-Ape-Profile

Not only was it noobish, it was fucking wrong and stupid. thats why noobs shouldn't speak unless spoken to.

Comme des garcon. There, I said it. Im sorry if I stepped on anyones toes, but as much as I try to understand it, I just cant.

you hate every single line with an equal passion?

or which line do you not like the most?

better give me a good answer...

The only ones that I'd still consider wearing would probably be the border tee shirts by cdg play. The one with the red alien symbol on the chest. The rest is just too colorful and candy like. And the shirts too big for my small frame, with the usual patches with ordinary fabrics, its just doesnt look couture to me. Sorry, j:(

The only ones that I'd still consider wearing would probably be the border tee shirts by cdg play. The one with the red alien symbol on the chest. The rest is just too colorful and candy like. And the shirts too big for my small frame, with the usual patches with ordinary fabrics, its just doesnt look couture to me. Sorry, j:(

cdg homme plus hasnt been too colorful. i assume you've been looking at too much j.w.

cdg shirt and man has all kinds of colorways.

play (one with heart) is the lowest on the foodchain of the cdg house. i'd suggest re-evaluating liking that shit. only hongkongers and peasants wear that.

just trying to help....

thank you for the enlightenment, j san!

i'll try to see and try to understand it a bit better the next time around.

And what bout the collab with junya? is that shit any good?

I like julius, viridi anne. Those reminds me of the japanoism interpretation of rick owens and ann dem. There are some nice stuffs from n(n) but the rest are a bit played out too.

Also is undercoverism any good? I couldnt understand their direction.

n. hoolywood are just a cheaper japanese version of martin margiela.

thank you for the enlightenment, j san!

i'll try to see and try to understand it a bit better the next time around.

And what bout the collab with junya? is that shit any good?

I like julius, viridi anne. Those reminds me of the japanoism interpretation of rick owens and ann dem. There are some nice stuffs from n(n) but the rest are a bit played out too.

epic post.

YOU ARE THE WORST POSTER ON SUPERFUTURE.

i don't get it...

u r just b.s around this thread....trying to promote your AV dvds?

mister hollywood is not any cheaper than MM..i am telling ya

no, bootlegs. I'm asking serious questions.

Yes, Margiela is more expensive than n. hoolywood. Next time, please do your research before saying something. It just shows that you have a low credibility.

mister hollywood is not any cheaper than MM..i am telling ya
margiela is more expensive than n hoolly.
Yes, Margiela is more expensive than n. hoolywood.

Argh. Both labels have various diffusion lines, so would everyone get on the same damn page.

It just shows that you have a low credibility.

Jesus, Aniki, would you please shut up.