top 5 japanese brands you hate and why

Guest jmatsu

if that's the case, maybe she just lives in the better part of the area.

her house, and those she lives around, are really really nice.

it's just that it's really far, quite suburbish, nothing happening there. i don't even wanna know how much a taxi from shibuya would cost...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just that it's really far, quite suburbish, nothing happening there. i don't even wanna know how much a taxi from shibuya would cost...

oh haha alright, I understand.

so it's like a place parents choose to live so they can raise their kids away from the hustle and bustle of the city?

that makes more sense, I wouldn't have ever said her area was run down.

but quiet I can understand.

Do you really think Japan and Japanese is so special that simple words like dasai cant be translated correctly? I feel sorry for you.

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to state that Japanese should be the internatioanl common language spoken in this world in my previous explanations.

And thank you for feeling sorry for me, about time someone cared about me.

I guess I just don't like creepy other guys checking her out and viewing her as a sexual object.

plus the kokujin in harajyuku are the epitome of that, and it disgusts me.

i don't know which black people you were talking about, but if your referring to the nigerians-faux b-boys on takeshitadori, too bad. seriously, they check out EVERYONE.

also i guess i would kind of feel melancholy if they weren't in shibuya or harajuku anymore.

I dont like the way you say "kokujin" ogle your girl either. Its like you`re putting yourself above other foreigners in Japan and developing a My Japan complex.

I think naturaljax has already established his discontent with anything regarding blacks and the japanese.

am I the only one that thinks Bape and black people don't work together?

idk why, I wish Bape didn't fall off though.

Some of you may agree with the above quote, but I can't let it slide.

I'm close to 100% positive that you have brought this up before and I've explained it to you.

But it's fine I'll do it again.

What I went on to say when it got brought up again was that I didn't like the way Bape's aesthetic developed. Once it was exposed to the mainstream, when it really took off and people like Pharell, Lil' Wayne, etc. began wearing it I didn't like the manner in which they wore it. I don't mean oversized, because MilSpex is a perfect example that streetwear like Bape used to be worn oversized / baggy looks good. But I just don't like the way many choose to wear it.

It's late so I'll let pictures speak for me.

n196001091_30224114_2384.jpg

n66108290_30425299_8428.jpg

n1257450099_30002399_6963.jpg

s.php?k=10080&id=500035337

n1416420149_30009668_8102.jpg

I'm not saying all black people can't pull it off well. And I'm not saying all asian, or white peple can either, 'cause that's sure far from the truth as well. I guess more what I meant was I don't like the way that Bape is being worn nowadays, but many people who wear it that way, happen to be black. And again, as I said then, I'm sorry that it offended you.

edit: and if I didn't make this clear enough the first time I explained it, I hope this helps. Sorry for the confusion.

Feel like we`re kinda being hard on Jax here tho. Truth is he`s one of the nicest kids on SuFu, never says anything bad about anyone on here. I dont think he hates black people really, we`re just reading too much into his comments.

But Bape say pre-Pepsi collabo (when Nigo started going overground imo) and Bape now are completely different.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think that BAPE and to a lesser extent, A Bathing Ape, were interesting early on, and sort of went downhill after a few years. Happens to a lot of brands. Labels, especially the street labels, that manage to stay relevant after a few years are few and far in between.

I'm close to 100% positive that you have brought this up before and I've explained it to you.

But it's fine I'll do it again.

For the record, I was the one who brought it up the last time. And sorry if I acccidentally "oggled" at the pics you voluntarily posted of your gf. Wouldn't know which post it was, but if I saw it, I'm sorry. T-T

Feel like we`re kinda being hard on Jax here tho. Truth is he`s one of the nicest kids on SuFu, never says anything bad about anyone on here. I dont think he hates black people really, we`re just reading too much into his comments.

No, I'm just reading the comments at face value. Theres nothing to read into, the words are right there. I'm almost sure hate isn't involved, but there is certainly something irksome about what he says.

Sorry for the derail, but this has been bothering me for a while

Edit: By the way, just say black people. I know what "黒人" is. Thinking about it now, the fact that you needed a coded word to obscure your thoughts makes you even more dubious in my book.

Guest jmatsu

okay, back to biz.

heres more. pretty obvious, but...

1. kazzrock- ridiculous

2. dj honda- barf

3. honda (automobiles)- their clothing collabs and short lived shoe line

4. dragon's beard- fuck, i hate these!

5. not necessarily the brand, but i am totally not feeling the john lawrence sullivan japanese boxing shoes.

okay, back to biz.

heres more. pretty obvious, but...

1. kazzrock- ridiculous

2. dj honda- barf

3. honda (automobiles)- their clothing collabs and short lived shoe line

4. dragon's beard- fuck, i hate these!

5. not necessarily the brand, but i am totally not feeling the john lawrence sullivan japanese boxing shoes.

always meant to ask, what's the deal with DJ honda. like, i never understood how can a brand that came from honda ended up being worn almost exclusively by middle-aged dude who got their hats and t-shirts from random cheap retailers. i remember really wondering wondering if the brand had really something to do with dj honda (i really like his music though) until i saw his store next to supreme in nyc...

Guest jmatsu
always meant to ask, what's the deal with DJ honda. like, i never understood how can a brand that came from honda ended up being worn almost exclusively by middle-aged dude who got their hats and t-shirts from random cheap retailers. i remember really wondering wondering if the brand had really something to do with dj honda (i really like his music though) until i saw his store next to supreme in nyc...

he had the money. he wanted to immortalize his name (or wanted people to differentiate between him and the car). he or whatever designer he hired had no skills/vision. it did not sell to the targeted consumer. so in order to cut his losses, honda said fuck selective distro and sold his shit everywhere (that includes in front of gumma's trainstation and on the moon).

Edit: By the way, just say black people. I know what "黒人" is. Thinking about it now, the fact that you needed a coded word to obscure your thoughts makes you even more dubious in my book.

Thats it! I hate it when ppl drop Japanese in the middle of a sentence like they`re on a different level to the rest of the board. Just speak English.

haha everybody hates black people on here.

and milspex, arent there a bunch of brothels or some shit like that in japan. you should probably make a visit, being so backed up that it comes across on teh internets is bad for everybody.

• 9 months later...

i hate bape, such childish looking clothing, the mascot is a rip off of paul frank which i don't like as well. most of all, terribly overpriced and the brand is such hype driven.

i hate bape, such childish looking clothing, the mascot is a rip off of paul frank which i don't like as well. most of all, terribly overpriced and the brand is such hype driven.

Bingo, yeah, Bape is originaly based on Paul Frank, congratulations you figured out the key to the holy grail of streetwear, everything goes back to Paul Frank. Nigo has a bunker 3 kilometers under Tokyo with a complete mint collection of everything Paul Frank has ever done. If you go there now and say you have the key then you will be frozen in carbinate and be immortalised as part of Nigo`s collection and therefore as part of streetwear culture forever.

for people wanting to see few examples of early bape check, www.stopbegging.blogspot.com/

in my opinion within the bape archive they hold probably the best tee graphics out there masters of black graphic on white tee.for all of whats changed market wise over the last 4 or so years they are still creating great tee designs(which barely any other streetwear company is still capable of doing)

I liked the bape x dc stuff (minus the acid trip coloured shoes). i'll take a risk and admit I wanted to get one of those bape x dc sweaters, but had nothing to match it anyway. apart from my batman boxers.

i've never been to a bape store in my life, but are the stores still hidden away like a fucking cave? I wouldn't guess so, but i remember reading the original store was in some 'secret' location.