top 5 japanese brands you hate and why

Guest jmatsu

not that i'm a creep or anything, but i found it within like 40 secs (guess i was intrigued to know if my memory wasn't playing any trick). i have such a good memory that sometimes it scares me, there should be absolutely no reason why i should remember that, especially that if was in september. i'm like rain man...

i pmed you the link if you want to remove it

haha sure you aren't Kasper ;)

but hey I appreciate it.

Now that I give it another second's thought I remember posting a picture of us with matching Bape t-shirts.

but hey good looks on the PM, thanks man.

and I don't know if I thanked you in the other thread, but thanks for your input on my thoughts of studying in Tokyo.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I just don't like creepy other guys checking her out and viewing her as a sexual object.

plus the kokujin in harajyuku are the epitome of that, and it disgusts me.

get over yourself, your girls not that special. I had J-girls cuter than that and uglier. Yours is above average but dudes that tell their girlfriends what to wear creep me out more than other guys ogling my gf.

Mini skirt is standard issue in Tokyo, its not like its suddenly gonna break every dudes neck just coz its on YOUR girl and you think your girl is the prettiest in Tokyo or something. Theres much hotter girls (probably in a mini) than your girl on every block in Tokyo. Just relax and let your girl rock the style SHE feels comfortable in.

haha sure you aren't Kasper ;)

but hey I appreciate it.

Now that I give it another second's thought I remember posting a picture of us with matching Bape t-shirts.

but hey good looks on the PM, thanks man.

and I don't know if I thanked you in the other thread, but thanks for your input on my thoughts of studying in Tokyo.

well, rep is always appreciated;)

seriously, no problem, don't hesitate to pm me if you want to get the mails of my friends at UW or for any other questions

get over yourself, your girls not that special. I had J-girls cuter than that and uglier. Yours is above average but dudes that tell their girlfriends what to wear creep me out more than other guys ogling my gf.

Mini skirt is standard issue in Tokyo, its not like its suddenly gonna break every dudes neck just coz its on YOUR girl and you think your girl is the prettiest in Tokyo or something. Theres much hotter girls (probably in a mini) than your girl on every block in Tokyo. Just relax and let your girl rock the style SHE feels comfortable in.

haha I in no way told her to stop wearing them or told her what to wear.

I just told her that I don't like when guys oogle her. That's it, nothing more.

But thanks for letting me know I'm nothing special ;)

glad I have you around for that 'Spex.

haha I in no way told her to stop wearing them or told her what to wear.

I just told her that I don't like when guys oogle her. That's it, nothing more.

But thanks for letting me know I'm nothing special ;)

glad I have you around for that 'Spex.

I`m nothing special. I havent even had a girlfriend for 3 years. But once I was a young kid studying in Tokyo like you might do.. Had some different girlfriends too, some pretty, some not, some long term, some not and with someone you really like its easy to think she`s the centre of attention. But if you open your eyes walking down the street in Tokyo you realise that your girl is not gonna be the first choice for ogling in most places..You come off like you think you`re something special. Honestly dude, you sound like a jerk. And if you dont like dudes ogling your gf, why did u post up pics of her in the past or now anyway?

I dont like the way you say "kokujin" ogle your girl either. Its like you`re putting yourself above other foreigners in Japan and developing a My Japan complex.

I`m nothing special. I havent even had a girlfriend for 3 years. But once I was a young kid studying in Tokyo like you might do.. Had some different girlfriends too, some pretty, some not, some long term, some not and with someone you really like its easy to think she`s the centre of attention. But if you open your eyes walking down the street in Tokyo you realise that your girl is not gonna be the first choice for ogling in most places..You come off like you think you`re something special. Honestly dude, you sound like a jerk. And if you dont like dudes ogling your gf, why did u post up pics of her in the past or now anyway?

I dont like the way you say "kokujin" ogle your girl either. Its like you`re putting yourself above other foreigners in Japan and developing a My Japan complex.

haha well I'm sorry I came off that way. Didn't mean it like that in any way.

And I said that because those are the people who've come up to her and actually spoken directly in her ear while I'm standing right there with her. I know they do that to most all attractive girls there so it's not that I'm saying she's something special, just saying. So they obviously stand out to me more than others. That's all.

LOL .do i have a "my japan" complex? seriously...

I never heard you speak badly about other foreigners in Japan, which ppl with My Japan complex do all the time. Thats even if you`re foreign to Japan? If you`re Japanese its impossible to have a My Japan complex coz it IS your country.

I have no problem with foreigners, hell I'm one too.

I do have a problem with people with no respect for other people / women.

I would treat them the same way / say the same things about them were they doing the same things in America.

Guest jmatsu
haha well I'm sorry I came off that way. Didn't mean it like that in any way.

And I said that because those are the people who've come up to her and actually spoken directly in her ear while I'm standing right there with her. I know they do that to most all attractive girls there so it's not that I'm saying she's something special, just saying. So they obviously stand out to me more than others. That's all.

kogal, not necessarily your girl, are known to party hardy. maybe she was judged on her looks...

i never spoke (but saw him) to jellysan until recently. he was wearing a mask and uses that prefix "rockin" now i guess, so i can't remember what his actual face looks like. he was at the hys anniversary party and at the neighborhood tenjikai. i know that american b-more guy. i spoke to him a couple times like years ago. unfortunately i know no one from w-base.

"tokyo is not that small in that sense," true but i guarantee i know a friend of a friend of a friend of your's...that kind of thing.

i never really got into the whole psychobilly scene, although bands played alot at milk. the closet was the regulators and teengenerate (were they from tokyo? because the regulators were from osaka, i think). anyway great to stroll down memory lane.

remember when green (who i love at the moment) only made women's clothing. i bet you went all the way to ebisu to buy this, no?

Green! Wasn't that the denim jacket brand? Or am I confusing it with something else? I did not run to Ebisu for that, but there are some things I lined up for. Ozonne "angel" shirt when I was Chugaku 3nen (really ugly shirt, by the way), some sneakers at SHIPS (do they still exist??) that I had to have, and of course. I will never forget the day I got my pair of Nike Air Max 95. My parents forbid them to wear them outside because they were scared I will be a victim of "Air Max -Gari (Air Max hunt)" which became a pretty huge epidemic then (for those who don't know; there were teenagers literally stealing these Air Max's off of people walking down the street).

Fuck, Teengenerate. They might originally be from Osaka, but I know Fifi went to college in Tokyo and that's where they started the band. Anyway, I LOVE that band. They are now in Firestarter, right? I need to see them play one of these days.

By the way, my Japanesey came out and I phrased my "Tokyo is not that small in that sense" wrong. The double negative always gets me.. I was trying to say the same thing. Tokyo IS small in that sense. As you mentioned, everybody is a friend of a friend... Who knows, I might run into you when I go home in a week :P:eek:

Guest jmatsu
Green! Wasn't that the denim jacket brand? Or am I confusing it with something else? I did not run to Ebisu for that, but there are some things I lined up for. Ozonne "angel" shirt when I was Chugaku 3nen (really ugly shirt, by the way), some sneakers at SHIPS (do they still exist??) that I had to have, and of course. I will never forget the day I got my pair of Nike Air Max 95. My parents forbid them to wear them outside because they were scared I will be a victim of "Air Max -Gari (Air Max hunt)" which became a pretty huge epidemic then (for those who don't know; there were teenagers literally stealing these Air Max's off of people walking down the street).

Fuck, Teengenerate. They might originally be from Osaka, but I know Fifi went to college in Tokyo and that's where they started the band. Anyway, I LOVE that band. They are now in Firestarter, right? I need to see them play one of these days.

By the way, my Japanesey came out and I phrased my "Tokyo is not that small in that sense" wrong. The double negative always gets me.. I was trying to say the same thing. Tokyo IS small in that sense. As you mentioned, everybody is a friend of a friend... Who knows, I might run into you when I go home in a week :P:eek:

green (yeah, they started out as a denim brand which you had to reserve to actually buy. go figure...) now does homme (i pretty much adore the entire recent line) and ships is huge. how long has it been since you've went home? yeah i once owned a pair of airmax 95's. they got stolen at some korean run yakinikuya in nihonbashi. i threw a huge tantrum in the place. to cut it short, the owner ended up doing dogeza and giving me 100,000 (true story). anyway see you in tko. btw what part of tko are you repping??

green (yeah, they started out as a denim brand which you had to reserve to actually buy. go figure...) now does homme (i pretty much adore the entire recent line) and ships is huge. how long has it been since you've went home? yeah i once owned a pair of airmax 95's. they got stolen at some korean run yakinikuya in nihonbashi. i threw a huge tantrum in the place. to cut it short, the owner ended up doing dogeza and giving me 100,000 (true story). anyway see you in tko. btw what part of tko are you repping??

10man for Air Max? Nice.

The last time I was home was over the holidays in 05. I was home in October 04, but before that- I didn't go home for about 5yrs. At this point, I think a lot of people on this board know more about Tokyo than I do.

I am a proud member of the Nishiogi community, repping the Suginami-ku!

can I ask a total Japan-n00b question?

the -ku on the end of a place, does that specify like... a neighborhood?

for example a dormitory I'm considering staying in is located in Nerima-ku.

Now, I have friends that live in a place called "Nerima", and that's the name of the stop we get off the train at.

Is that how it's specified?

10man for Air Max? Nice.

in the `90s you could get at least that much for 95s in Japan. The London/Tokyo mutual appreciation society getup of the `90s was basically:

Bathing Ape snowboard jacket

Vintage levis

Airmax 95 neon green

the beginning of street hype (besides jordans)

can I ask a total Japan-n00b question?

the -ku on the end of a place, does that specify like... a neighborhood?

for example a dormitory I'm considering staying in is located in Nerima-ku.

Now, I have friends that live in a place called "Nerima", and that's the name of the stop we get off the train at.

Is that how it's specified?

ku - means ward. The 23 wards are typically considered "Tokyo" but even that is debatable.

"ku" stands for ward. The capitol city, Tokyo, has 23 wards.

The names of the train stations and the 23-ku has nothing to do with one another; for instance I was brought up in Nishiogikubo which is in Suginami-ku, but there is no such train station in Suginami-ku called Suginami. Same with Setagaya, I believe.

BTW, you do not want to live in Nerima-ku:D

no 23 wards are:

adachi

arakawa

bunkyo

chiyoda

chuo

edogawa

itabashi

katsushika

kita

koutou

meguro

minato

nerima

oota

setagaya

nerima is..... chotto dasai.....

haha just because it's boring or what?

the friend I have that lives there is pretty loaded, her house is awesome.

I know nothing of the area that she lives though, we just go out and hang out at the spots and come back to Nerima at night.

why dont u just type in english, bitch? this isnt fucking 2channel.

there isn't an english word that directly translates 'dasai', and i know he has a japanese GF, so i figured he would know what 'dasai' meant.

love,

'bitch'

wtf? Milspex chill out bro.

fuck, I just hate it when english speakers drop japanese terms right in the middle of an english sentence like its cool or something. No one here is Japanese so why not speak english and not come off like a pretentious cool guy who`s excluding everyone that doesnt speak any japanese.

chotto dasai doesn`t translate??! Dont talk bullshit.

I got some translations for you insomniac:

how about straight up - "a little ugly". Works for me.

Then you could choose like 50 other expressions in English to say the same shit. Like I dunno:

its a little run down

its not a nice neighborhood

its dirty

Dont tell me theres no translation for "chotto dasai" like some nihonjinron (theres something that doesnt translate.) apologist. Japanese language isnt that mysterious.

fuck, I just hate it when english speakers drop japanese terms right in the middle of an english sentence like its cool or something. No one here is Japanese so why not speak english and not come off like a pretentious cool guy who`s excluding everyone that doesnt speak any japanese.

chotto dasai doesn`t translate??! Dont talk bullshit.

I got some translations for you insomniac:

how about straight up - "a little ugly". Works for me.

Then you could choose like 50 other expressions in English to say the same shit. Like I dunno:

its a little run down

its not a nice neighborhood

its dirty

Dont tell me theres no translation for "chotto dasai" like some nihonjinron (theres something that doesnt translate.) apologist. Japanese language isnt that mysterious.

Nope, dasai cannot be translated to neither of the translations you brought up. Dasai definitely DOES NOT directly translate to 'ugly' nor 'run down'. naturaljax's 'uncool' would probabaly be the closest thing there is, but it is still not 100% accurate. Dasai is a modern Japanese slang that Kojien dictionary doesn't even list.

I do understand what you are saying, though as my being a Japanese native and naturaljax being somewhat familiar with the modern Japanese language, I thought it was totally appropreate to squeeze that word in.

I really don't know why the hell I have to even justify my using one Japanese word, but here it is.

Nope, dasai cannot be translated to neither of the translations you brought up. Dasai definitely DOES NOT directly translate to 'ugly' nor 'run down'. naturaljax's 'uncool' would probabaly be the closest thing there is, but it is still not 100% accurate.  

My Japanese does suck and my translations werent good but the fact you say there is no translation I still call bullshit on. From my dictionary:

ださい (adj) primitive; unsophisticated; out of fashion

Do you really think Japan and Japanese is so special that simple words like dasai cant be translated correctly? I feel sorry for you.