osaka or tokyo

braid

while i respect kyoto...seriously what's so great about it? don't give me any of this historical crap. besides the maiko, a billion temples, and a big big river, what have you got? tiny confectionized brown roots/weeds that cost an arm and a leg (and they call it kyoto cuisine).

I completely agree. My two days in Kyoto were the only two days I regretted on my trip to Japan. Very boring unless you are perfectly content with looking at lots of temples. Nijo castle is cool though.

I thought of Tokyo as a very bland and perhaps, a bit, overrated city. Though, there's enough to see, and the city does have a lot of nice places, I guess the whole metropolis atmosphere jus't isn't my thing. But, you probably feel the same way about Osaka/Kyoto.

I can guarantee you that if you truly feel this way, you didn't see enough of the city. It isn't all a bustling/overcrowded metropolis as seen in pics of Shibuya crossing :rolleyes: .

I found many quaint & quiet back streets, beautiful gardens (Hama Rikyu for one), secluded restaurants, etc. on a daily basis. That's what I loved about the city.

I like the maiko, the billion temples (the kinkakuji is very nice), and the big big river. What has Tokyo got over Kyoto?

Um, maybe stuff to do other than looking at buildings.