some questions about American Apparel clothing

SDGuy

I tried some of their shirts on today, and the thermal fleece hoodie too. I tried both medium and small of the shirts and the hoodie but they are too tight in small and too big in medium; make me look kinda bulky in meidum and in small, i lifted up my arms and then lower them, too much fabrics stuck under my armpits. I really like the quality of AA stuff but sizing seems to be a big problem to me. I'm 5'10 and 165 pounds. Do AA stuff shrink? If they shrink about 5-10 percent, then i think they r perfect for me. Thx in advance for any inputs

I think you should go for the medium .

Here's my case, I tried on a size medium sweat pant, and they were too tight but had the perfect length . I tried on the same exact pants in large, and they were too big, but too short ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

they do have some problems. i bought a jersey tee and a 50/50 tee the other day and the 50/50 tee fits well, but i had to get a small. i usually wear medium. i got the jersey tee in medium and it fits well everywhere, but the bottom is too wide.

it was cheap, so i forgive them.

i work at aa and yeah we have pretty inconsistent sizing. the best hoodie ever made is the flex fleece zip up you should try that before buying the thermal. and it mostly shrinks up at an 1'' rather than anything else.

i don't know if this is correct.. but an employee told me that the 100 cotton and the 50/50 shirts are cut differently. haven't noticed myself..

50/50's are slightly longer and slender while the 2001 standard t's are a little more boxy looking and not as lengthy

AA is always inconsistent with their sizing in my experience. I have hoodies from size Small to Medium and i've tried on tshirts allt he way from XS to M that fit well. I usually go with medium and shrink them. and dont listne to them when they say "our fleece hoodies dont shrink..." cuz they shrink alot. luckily, you can actually exchange them for a different size after you wash them...just go and complain that it DID shrink after they said it wouldnt.