Socal Meetup

soraanaam

was it fresh or frozen? frozen is garbage.

fresh, im hoping lol

i know some of the workers so ill ask to be sure haha

i heard they get mad tip $$$

..experience the fun and taste of a backyard crab fest right here in Southern California. Their dream - that The Boiling Crab have the "best tail in town" and be the biggest ass-pinching, head sucking venue, this side of Mississipi - has become a reality.

lulz

• 4 weeks later...

yo LA burger experts..

going to cave-in to do a burger tour, who is down???

compiled a list of places from all of those "food blogs"

http://laist.com/2010/01/27/make_it_official_the_best_burger_in.php

http://exilekiss.blogspot.com/2010/04/total-carnage-gourmet-burger-battle-26.html

Umami Burger

Golden State

Father’s Office

Apple Pan

8 oz

25 degrees

Stout

Hole in the Wall

Lucky Devils

The Counter

Irv’s Burger

Pie ‘N Burger

Westside Tavern

Hawkins House of Burgers

Rustic Canyon

The Hungry Cat

Comme Ca

Foundry

Capitol Burgers

The Bowery

Laurel Tavern

26 Beach

In-N-Out, Five Guys, and Tommy's .. although good 'chain restaurants' are not on this list ;)

From all the buzz I've been hearin, Foundry > Fathers Office...

so that or Comme Ca

^haha what the fuck happened to the diet brian? i thought you converted?

and let me know when you do these. me and cory are definitely down, i've been trying to have a burger conquest since school started.

i'll tell you about it next time i see you

I'm in LA till tomorrow Afternoon. Hit me up I'm down to meeet Socal SUFU peeps!

ima be in l.a. from the 29th to the 16th and most likely san diego from the 17th to the 20th.

probably wont have too much time on my hands but it'd be nice to go get a burger or something with some sufu peeps at some point.

ima be in l.a. from the 29th to the 16th and most likely san diego from the 17th to the 20th.

probably wont have too much time on my hands but it'd be nice to go get a burger or something with some sufu peeps at some point.

i'll be in LA at the same time, and i was hoping to try some of the burgers i've been missing out on as well, so we should be able to throw something together

That is June 17th? We should catch up I'm leaving SD on the 19th or 20th as well to go on a west coast tour with some friends.

i'll be in LA at the same time, and i was hoping to try some of the burgers i've been missing out on as well, so we should be able to throw something together

let me know your plans... I'll try to tag along if I can.

That is June 17th? We should catch up I'm leaving SD on the 19th or 20th as well to go on a west coast tour with some friends.

wrd. I'll def have more time in sd so we should do something.

oh word? I'll be in LA around June 5-11 or something, for grad.

Same, but for my sisters grad...

anyone going to amoeba tonight?

2000dB if u into mexican food i highly recommend u check out Las Cuatros Milpas, its a hole in the wall mexican joint that has been around since 1933. It is most likely the oldest resturaunt in San Diego and is by far the best authentic mexican food i've ever had in the entire USA and even Tijuana. Their food is made to order and the joint has a line out the door. Also its extremely cheap. They open around 9AM and close either at 2PM or when they run out of food to cook. whichever comes first. They are closed on sundays.

Check out my blog to see a pic of the place and to check out some other spots to hit up in SD.

http://drinksinsandiego.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of Styleforum guys are organizing a meetup for next week but so far the plan is just go outlets in Palm Springs then Disneyland.

LOL WUT. You guys are going to go from Palm Springs to Disneyland?

Do you realize how far that is and how shitty the outlet is (i used to work there)?

Guest jbone45

Do you realize how far that is and how shitty the outlet is (i used to work there)?

Yeah the guy is right, the outlets are pretty shitty(I never worked there).

It's pretty weird.

Group I'm making some stuff for (Witt) / am touring with has some california dates:

LA:

Jun 18th - The Smell w/ Totally Serious, Snuffaluffagus, L.A.tex

Jun 21 - Echo Curio w/ Snuffaluffagus, Totally Serious, Rats

Fresno:

Jun 22 - The Starline w/ Snuffaluffagus, Bicicleta, Albatross the Musical

Oakland:

Jun 23 - The Fort Gallery w/ Silian Rail, Snuffaluffagus, Ventid

Berkeley:

Jun 24 - The Starry Plough w/ miRthkon, Japonize Elephants Snuffaluffagus

There's another LA date in July I think. Anyway come to the show.

Going shopping first then spending the rest of the day at Disneyland.

Yeah a lot of the stores are pretty boring but it's either that or RO boutique and shit in LA that only 2 people can afford.