Socal Meetup

soraanaam

On a side note, anyone hitting up Coachella this year? Headliners are kind of tame but, Battles, Midnight Juggernauts, Spank Rock, Diplo, Santogold, Dan Deacon, Busy P, etc... sounds like a might decent Friday lineup, which is probably the only day I'll be able to get up.

Tempted to go back on Sunday for Justice, Chromeo, Simian Mobile Disco, Black Mountain, Kid Sister and a couple others. Not too many bands that are making go "Holy shit!" like there have been in the past few years, but more than enough that are making me go "That will be fucking fun."

Of all the areas in LA where you absolutely would NEED a car it is downtown la, esp. if you have any sort of itinerary/shopping agenda.

A cab to Hollywood from Standard DT costs about 25-30 bucks, and probably around 30-40 bucks to venice/santa monica area, so you're better off renting a car (dollar and enterprise are pretty cheap).

There's a subway near Macy's that goes to Hollywood too, but its kind of dodgy and doesnt really take you anywhere close to where you want to be.

I have a friend who, due to several DUIs, travels exclusively by bus/skateboard, and he says its the worst.

Have you ever seen the movie Crash?

Anyways, if you're there for holiday, renting a car is pretty much a must.

Why don't you have azn8oi be your chauffeur?

azn8oi DOESNT HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENSE YET /SNITCH /SNITCH

I AM AZN8o1'z CHAUFFEUR

la is so bad when it comes to transportation.

when is everyone coming out on saturday?

im probably going to check out the murakami exhibit before it closes on saturday at around 1 and gonna go to barneys early

YES THIS SATURDAY... I'll also be going next saturday....

Sweet. I'll try and be there next Saturday since I can't make it this. I doubt I'll find anything in my size at this point, but I might be heading up there on tuesday as well (doing interviews for scholarships at Art Center / USC) but that won't be a good meetup day for me.

Just to let you guys know,

8 year old kids that fight in muay thai matches:

a) do Zangief piledrive spins in matches

B) lunge at each other like Yun/Yang do in SF-III (in fact, a kid literally lunged into another kid's face at hyper speed, with 1 leg, and 1 arm making total impact on latter kid's face.)

c) hurricane kicks (ryu/ken)

d) roundhouse kicks a la Mortal Kombat series.

e) if they couldve done fireballs, they wouldve done them

LIKE TWO LlL FIREBALLS EXPLODING AT EACH OTHER. WE SPECULATE THAT THEY ARE SCHOOLYARD RIVALS THAT HATE EACH OTHER TO THE POINT OF WANTING TO KILL EACH OTHER.

WAHHHHHHHH JUMPING HEAD LUNGE PUNCH.

180 BACKHAND SLAP WHILE SPINNING.

wish i took video. FUCK HAHAHAHA

That shit was mad hectic!!

I kinda liked the sweeping leg redheaded chick in the second match she was hot.

GREAT MEETUP winqazn80imripmas will go again +++++++++

Just to let you guys know,

8 year old kids that fight in muay thai matches:

a) do Zangief piledrive spins in matches

B) lunge at each other like Yun/Yang do in SF-III (in fact, a kid literally lunged into another kid's face at hyper speed, with 1 leg, and 1 arm making total impact on latter kid's face.)

c) hurricane kicks (ryu/ken)

d) roundhouse kicks a la Mortal Kombat series.

e) if they couldve done fireballs, they wouldve done them

LIKE TWO LlL FIREBALLS EXPLODING AT EACH OTHER. WE SPECULATE THAT THEY ARE SCHOOLYARD RIVALS THAT HATE EACH OTHER TO THE POINT OF WANTING TO KILL EACH OTHER.

WAHHHHHHHH JUMPING HEAD LUNGE PUNCH.

180 BACKHAND SLAP WHILE SPINNING.

wish i took video. FUCK HAHAHAHA

PREVIEW: 2256924125_7941b22ba0_o.jpg

To those who weren't there, y'all missed out on the best most random shit to happen in socal meetups.