Socal Meetup

soraanaam

.. just out of curiousity ..

how many of you guys going to these japanese cultural events are ACTUALLY japanese?

... and wtf, why are ONLY japanese events and rock shows being suggested?

are those really the only events in our city that LA people are interested in?

REALLY?

... not that i have anything against any of that. just curious.

look guys there wont be a rakuten shop set up at this japanese event, nor will there be any japanese clothing brands being sold there. i know we're obsesed with japanese culture (especially their clothing). but face it, the only chance of you getting japanese shit is going to japan or getting it from a seller there. Sure there might be a DJ wearing a Loopwheeler Hoody, Eternal 811 Denim and Number (N)ine boots but its not like he's going to sell it to you. Oh and i bet none of us are even japanese so we wouldnt even understand what is being said at the concerts.

Lol, mono14 you just said you were going to haha. I'd be glad to say hi. Mmm, I might be DJing at the Anime Expo dance, but only on Day Zero, unless they think I'm good enough to do it at the real thing. (Day Zero is day before Anime Expo.) I'll be spinning Happy Hardcore! hahaha

It's just a club (Tokyo Night), nothing huge, it's to promote Japanese Culture, so it's open to everyone, not just Japanese. Doesn't really seem like we're expecting Japanese clothing... out of this "SoCal Meet." Maybe some people are...

Meetup sounds like a good idea. I don't think im up for the whole anime/comic-cons thing.

On a side note, can someone give me more info on Little Tokyo? I haven't been there since I was in middle school. What are some good places to eat/shop? Or if you could give me a good general area (cross streets) to walk around. Is everything there pretty much walking distance from one another? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

There's a Red Wing shop there. Anime shops. Kinokuniya book store, which sells catalogues such as Lightning denim, last time I went they had quite a few left. And others. There's... many eating shops, just walk around. It's pretty small, but many interesting things go on, on the streets, like in Japan, haha. Watch out for the bums.

There is also an arcade, inside the Little Tokyo mall.

There's a Red Wing shop there. Anime shops. Kinokuniya book store, which sells catalogues such as Lightning denim, last time I went they had quite a few left. And others. There's... many eating shops, just walk around. It's pretty small, but many interesting things go on, on the streets, like in Japan, haha. Watch out for the bums.

There is also an arcade, inside the Little Tokyo mall.

That is probably as much as I remember about Little Tokyo...the mall and that arcade.

a meetup at little tokyo sounds fun, but not that interested in japanese culture, anyhow, i was thinking, you guys pick out a store you wanna meet at, and ill contact them and tell them to host a sufu sale, ill gather your names on a list, if i get an x amount of number of you guys to come, we could get a discount? then blaze after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, mono14 you just said you were going to haha. I'd be glad to say hi. Mmm, I might be DJing at the Anime Expo dance, but only on Day Zero, unless they think I'm good enough to do it at the real thing. (Day Zero is day before Anime Expo.) I'll be spinning Happy Hardcore! hahaha

It's just a club (Tokyo Night), nothing huge, it's to promote Japanese Culture, so it's open to everyone, not just Japanese. Doesn't really seem like we're expecting Japanese clothing... out of this "SoCal Meet." Maybe some people are...

naw i was trying to say it in a joking way, afterall this is superfuture right. anyways i say we do a san diego meetup at san diego's number 1 bar, The Turf Supper Club.

The Turf is located near downtown ($6 to $7 cab ride to downtown from there) Its in Golden Hills. The bar feels like a New York style bar, its low key but gets pretty packed late night. The people in there got the artsy or superfuture styles. its a bar where you cook your own food on a community grill. A HUGE New York Steak is only 6 bucks there. A 3/4 pund burger is 5 bucks.

Also drinks are cheapas hell, coronas are 3.50. Well drinks are 3.50 all night every night. a large glass of grey goose vodka with either cranberry or soda is 6.50 every night. The bar tenders pore the drinks to get you fucked up. They poor 3/4ths alchohol and 1/4th of the mixer wehatever it may be. Even on any given weekday night the crowd gets big. On weekends the bar is filled, standing room after 10. On weekday nights its about half full or totaly full.

If superfuture was a bar it would definitly be the turf club.